Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Underwater Tileset

Rcat

Hey, guys.

I think there should be a underwater tileset with new enemies (More feral enemies please!), new item drops (Maybe include platinum chests), new gear (Such as a rebreather) and even a new Warframe that goes well with the tileset (i.e, can go underwater without a rebreather, deals more damage to feral aquatic enemies etc). Maybe there can even be Orokin submarines. Just a suggestion.

A rebreather mechanic would be quite nice, actually--I can see this tileset working quite well as a more difficult, puzzle-based one. Aquatic enemies would be very interesting, and DE wouldn't even have to worry too much about phsyics--I imagine the warframes, as armored warriors, are quite heavy and would not float, so you need only "lessen" gravity to make up for water resistances and fluid mechanics.

I don't know if they'd want to do a warframe that specialized in that environment, because it screams of the passives they've said they won't do. However, I can see an adaption frame working with this environment, too (like the changeling frame LegionVanguard and I designed). It could have a more general power that protects them from ice (while active, shields are partially restored), vacuum (don't take DoT due to hardening against hard vacuum), environmental hazards (like electrified water, fire hazards, etc), and perhaps elemental effects like Toxic Ancient's auras and the residual effects of a Napalm (although not the initial impact, or ogris blasts from a bombardier).

Can't be Neptune anyway, for the simple reason that Lore-wise it's the home planet of the Corpus. And while they could reorganize that sort of thing, I doubt they want to restart from scratch, so their home planets are fairly solid.

Europa would be nice, indeed, but since they've obviously terraformed to some degree... who knows where they could be planning to put it? I rather think the Corpus Outpost will stick to Europa, since that tileset's snow fits the icy exterior.

:C Neptune is made of gas. It is a Gas Giant.

Europa on the other hand would be perfect.

800px-Europa_poster.svg.png

Can't be Neptune anyway, for the simple reason that Lore-wise it's the home planet of the Corpus. And while they could reorganize that sort of thing, I doubt they want to restart from scratch, so their home planets are fairly solid.

Europa would be nice, indeed, but since they've obviously terraformed to some degree... who knows where they could be planning to put it? I rather think the Corpus Outpost will stick to Europa, since that tileset's snow fits the icy exterior.

I think two or more tilesets can go on each planet. For example Earth is probably going to have Jungle and Docks, so Europa can have Snow Base and Sub Base.

wasn't thinking... sorry :P

Europa does work, and we'd get two planets with underwater tiles with that dual set idea, which I am not opposed to

Edited by WondahBoah

I think two or more tilesets can go on each planet. For example Earth is probably going to have Jungle and Docks, so Europa can have Snow Base and Sub Base.

Fair enough, I could see each planet working with two tilesets. Earth probably will be jungle, but I'm not so sure about the docks. At a guess, I'd say they're probably planning for Ceres to be the docks, although Sedna is a possibility, too. I doubt it will be Uranus because its a gas giant, but you really never know.

I'm partially working on the assumption that they can terraform to some significant degree, but I think the tilesets and planets are enough evidence that it really isn't too much of an assumption. And given that, I don't think the docks will be on Earth because the concept art portrayed that world as very stormy and dark. It could simply be another region on earth, but with the scale of those facilities and the ocean visible around them, I'd say its probably its own world. Ceres seems the most viable to me. Lech Kril would make some sense as a boss at the docks; Kela doesn't really. Regor could (as a scientist, even if that's not actually the sort of thing he's actively working on), but again, Uranus is a gas giant. Ceres is also at the outer reaches of the system, a nice, dark, and secretive spot for shipyards.

Edited by Siubijeni

• 3 months later...