Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Melee Weapon Concept

Xear0

Good evening fellow Tenno, or whatever time of day it is where you are when you are reading this...

I had a cute idea for a new melee weapon recently. The Mantis Blades.

Here is what they look like:

They are two blades that are hidden under a Frames arms (much like the Glaive) and simply open up when you hit E, unleashing hidden, contracted blades that decapitate your foes with ease. The Tenno will imitate the mantis technique, which would make for interesting things to be done for the animations.

As for the stats:

Impact damage: 2

Puncture damage: 25

Slash damage: 30

Charged attack: 160

Spin attack: 100

Leap attack: 100

Wall attack: 50

Attack speed: 1.8

Critical: 15%

I see a great potential mix with Ash with these blades, seeing as I came up with them while playing as Ash. I don't expect a lot of praise, it's my first ever idea. Not much effort put into it at all -not even a finished concept. 

So the community is welcome to make changes and alterations as well as additions to this idea (concept art would be awesome). The stats I gave them might make them seem OP, and you're probably right.

i can't really comment about melee weapons right now. there have been a ton of "let's reimagine warframe's mod system for ballistic weaponry and warframe modding" threads but very little said about melee.

as i understand it a complete rework is "Coming Soon " so until then i'll just hold my opinion on melee in reserve.

we'll see what DE is cooking up.

that said, adding bonuses to melee for stealth already (somewhat) exist in the form of stealth kills...