Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would A Non Critical Bow Be Too Powerful

FableTale

Yeah I didn't know how to word the title so... there it is. Anyways, when I first heard about the new bow, Cernos I thought that finally there was going to be a non critical bow. Instead it would compensate by having more damage. but instead it was critical build type bow and had low base stats.

So my question to you guys is: would a high base power bow with little critical be too powerful? Let's say the Dread had a slash damage of 90-100 instead of 48. Would this be too powerful?

Completely agreed. I dont like the fact that i have a *chance* to onehit late-game enemies, even if that chance is at around 80% (same reason i hate the 90% multishot, they could make it atleast 100%). Im all for a bow without crit stats as it would provide more mod variety aswell.

At this point, there is no such thing as a bow that's "too powerful", even if it did 100 damage. 

Bows in this game are overshadowed by snipers in almost ever aspect. The only thing that Bows got it going for them is its silence, and "cool" factor (for those who like bows).

... that's my take on the whole bow situation, anyhow.

Someone please enlighten me... but how would status chance help the bows in any major way? Last I checked none of the status procs gave any major advantage aside from say... knockdown?

When you proc multiple times in a row and you have some effect that can stack in some way then i can see it being decent. On a rapid fire weapon. But i can hardly see any use for a single proc of anything on a high-ish damage single shot charged weapon.

But even if i'm missing something? Would it bring even a single one of the bows up to the high level awesomness of saay... the Synapse or the Despair (just to name two of the less controversial ones)?

Give all bows 50% base status chance.

OP makes a thread about not wanting to rely on chance with a bow to do things. Gets a reply suggesting buffing it's chance to do things. What?

TBH, I loathe how DE tries to make "crit weapons". They're just weapons that only perform normally if you consider their performance over a very long period of time, because then they start to average out. But on a shot per shot basis, having a chance to either kill with a headshot or not is a no-no for me, it either should or it shouldn't. With bows especially, since they're harder to use than Sniper Rifles, they should reward on EVERY HIT, not on a % of hits.

Edited by Xrylene