Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question For Experienced Amphis Users

castem

Question

Is the Amphis worth a potato?

I've been looking for a good anti-Corpus melee weapon, and the Amphis seems to fit the bill.  However, I have some concerns about its damage (especially at higher levels).  I'm hoping to get some feedback from people who have actually used the weapon to see if the weapon remains viable as you take it to the outer planets.  (I'd rather not spend the platinum on a potato if it's not going to remain useful.)

6 answers to this question

Anything that isn't Galatine is suck

lately i'm using Gram instead of Galatine (and i had forma them thee times)

With Gram i can swing charged attack two times faster and do nearly the same dmg (if not higher) with those two swing that Galatine can do with one- not to mention Gram have heavier normal attacks.

basically - Galatine is not a godlike weapon- its just one of the heaviest hitters there (and mainly anti infested/flesh weapon)

but it still does not matter because the weapons are now in the majority of cases, situational

as for castem with anti corpus melee weapon... additionally you have fragor (heavy impact dmg) and lecta/prova (electrical dmg)- your chose depends on what style of play you prefer

Edited by Cracken

FTFY

Jokes aside, the Dakra Prime actually is one of the most underestimated weapons there is. I found it to be much more reliable for Normal Attacks than even Dual Ichors. Sure, the Ichors have much higher DPS and can take out Heavies in a matter of swings, but Dakra has much higher minimum damage and is much, much more mobile while swinging due to Longsword attacking mechanics. On enemies that the Ichors need two or more swings to down if the first doesn't crit, the Dakra strikes them down in a single swing. It's stable and reliable.

Best part is, you can sprint while mashing the Attack button on longswords (unlike any other melee weapon type, from what I'm aware). They're likely the best weapons in the game at taking out spaced-apart enemies (heavies aside, in which case you'll have to use another weapon if you want to maintain efficiency), and even beat speed demons like the Zorens in terms of chasing enemies while swinging like a madman. You'd be surprised at how amazing a stamina-built Loki is when combined with Dakra and sprintswinging is utilized.

Edited by SortaRandom

as for castem with anti corpus melee weapon... additionally you have fragor (heavy impact dmg) and lecta/prova (electrical dmg)- your chose depends on what style of play you prefer

I've already ruled out Prova & Lecta for various reasons. I have both the Fragor and the Amphis, and between the two I like the Amphis better. However, I don't know if the Amphis will be able to take down level 30 Corpus relatively easily (which is something I'd want in an anti-Corpus melee weapon).