The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Volt Powers From A Volt Fan.

_Absolom_

I have no idea if anyone has thought of this before. 

Anyway, onto the topic.

So last night I was in the shower and something came to my mind. Most battles are inside spaceships, right? So Volt's Overload technically overloads the ship circuits. Shock draws from nearby electricity. Speed and electric shield as well.

But when you're outside on for example a Corpus outpost, you don't have no electricity nearby to use. Maybe inside some tunnels but that's it.

So, I thought we could have an alternate move pool for Volt in outpost/outside areas. They'd only be active out there, old moveset will remain inside ships! Also, before the mission(On the loading screen) you get to choose which power set you want to use.

They'd involve rain and thunder.

Here they come.

1st power: Thunder

Cost: 25

Cast time: .2/.3/.4/.5 seconds

Damage: 50/100/200/500(+x% rain bonus)(Affected by power strength)

Target: Single target only

Effect: Target struck by thunderbolt.

Description: Volt lifts up his right hand and swings it down, launching a thunderbolt from the sky to the target.

2nd power: Rain

Cost: 50

Cast time: .5/.7/1.2/2 seconds

Damage: None

Duration: 10/20/35/50 seconds(Affected by power duration mods)(Damage reduction affected by power strength mods)

Target: Whole map(sky)

Effect: Summons rain above the map, reducing damage to allies by 5/10/15/20% and powers up Volt's moves by 5/7/9/15%

Description: Volt lifts up his left hand, launching a small shock into the air, disturbing air currents and causing rain clouds to appear above him, shielding his allies and powering up his moves.

3rd power: Thunderfist

Cost: 75

Cast time: 1/1.5/1.7/2.5 seconds

Damage: 500/600/750/900(+x% rain bonus)

Target: AoE 2/5/10/15 meters around the target

Duration: Paralyzed targets for 1.5/1.7/2/2.5 seconds after impact.

Effect: Volt stretches his arm above him, makes a ball of his fist and hits the ground beneath him, causing a fist of thunderbolts to hit the area around his target, damaging and paralyzing them briefly.

Description: Strike your foes with a fist of thunder.

4th power: Rampage of the Thunder God

Cost: 120

Cast time: 2/3/4/5 seconds

Damage: 800/1000/1200/1500 per thunderbolt(Affected by power strength mods)

Target: Every enemy in the range of 20/30/50/70 meters(Affected by power range)

Duration: 5/7.5/10/15 seconds(Affected by power duration)

Effect: Volt goes into a rampage, losing control over himself, swinging around with both hands and launching wicked thunderbolts at everything that moves. Requires Rain to be active.

Description: Show your enemies your true wraith before ending their lives in a split second.

People...please tell me what you think.

Would you appreciate this? I'll make two posts to enable a poll-like feeling again.

*EDIT 1*: Adjusted some values, removed increasing energy costs.

Edited by Soulswipe

before all:

1st power: Thunder

Cost: 10/15/20/25

Cast time: .2/.3/.4/.5 seconds

Damage: 50/100/200/500(+x% rain bonus)

Target: Single target only

Effect: Target struck by thunderbolt.

Description: Volt lifts up his right hand and swings it down, launching a thunderbolt from the sky to the target.

calling thunder in spaceship?

O_o'

I like the ideas, definitely, and rain sounds like a pretty cool support move. but there are some maps with indoor and outdoor areas, so volts normal powers still work, plus I assume he can generate electricity of his own, at least for shock and electric shield. overload is kinda questionable, especially given that cool cinematic in the zanuka trailer where he drew in electricity from the ship

but generally skill costs don't increase with each level, and the range/duration of some of the skills would definitely need to be balanced, and some of the progressions are a little off (2 to 5 to 10 to 20 range for thunderfist? maybe go from 10-20 across levels 0-3, the increments shouldn't be multiplicative, but additive). also 5 second cast time would be crazy, but for the skill (rampage of the thunder god) in its current form, that would be justified. but it needs a tweaking; 40/60/70/100 meters is extremely large as a base, even if you're not talking radius

before all:

calling thunder in spaceship?

O_o'

These powers are made for OUTSIDE the spaceships, on the outposts like Neptune.

No.

Volts electricity comes from HIM, not from his surroundings. Like all Tenno, they create the powers with the energy inside them.

Excuse me. But he uses the ship's lights to power up his Overload.

Edited by Soulswipe

I like the ideas, definitely, and rain sounds like a pretty cool support move. but there are some maps with indoor and outdoor areas, so volts normal powers still work, plus I assume he can generate electricity of his own, at least for shock and electric shield. overload is kinda questionable, especially given that cool cinematic in the zanuka trailer where he drew in electricity from the ship

but generally skill costs don't increase with each level, and the range/duration of some of the skills would definitely need to be balanced, and some of the progressions are a little off (2 to 5 to 10 to 20 range for thunderfist? maybe go from 10-20 across levels 0-3, the increments shouldn't be multiplicative, but additive). also 5 second cast time would be crazy, but for the skill (rampage of the thunder god) in its current form, that would be justified. but it needs a tweaking; 40/60/70/100 meters is extremely large as a base, even if you're not talking radius

Thanks for the feedback. Also, range for these powers cannot be increased by mods. That's why they have a huge base.

I would rather see some variation of Rain implemented as an alternative moveset for Frost, turning him into a Waterframe. +Platinum for DE if they allow the community to discreetly mod in a Rita Mordio voice pack for Frost, so that for his Ultimate we can hear

"Blahblahblah. TIDAL WAVE!"

Your ideas aren't bad, though though I'd like for Warframe alternative powers to be very distinctly different from their originals, and I think having one set of powers for indoor versus outdoor environments seems a bit pointless. It will only confuse people.

I would rather see some variation of Rain implemented as an alternative moveset for Frost, turning him into a Waterframe. +Platinum for DE if they allow the community to discreetly mod in a Rita Mordio voice pack for Frost, so that for his Ultimate we can hear

"Blahblahblah. TIDAL WAVE!"

Your ideas aren't bad, though though I'd like for Warframe alternative powers to be very distinctly different from their originals, and I think having one set of powers for indoor versus outdoor environments seems a bit pointless. It will only confuse people.

Thanks for that, made power set an option at the loading screen. Maybe once we get the aqua frame, one of his powers will be Rain, and it'd have the same effect...one can hope.