Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta First Impressions

DJ_Redwire

Hey DE,

So just started using the Penta out the box after rush building it. Looked super fun and I just couldn't wait. My anticipation was met with an equally exquisite result, you definitely didn't disappoint on this one! 

So after using for about 15 levels, I have some suggestions on how to make this awesome weapon even better from my limited experience with it thus far. Please note that these are just suggestions of changes to things that are already fine as is, so if you don't feel it's necessarily needed to make said changes, that's fine as well.

1.) Firing/Detonation Mechanic

So, as was described in the DC when this weapon was announced, the weapon has a unique firing mechanism kind of like the Tigris. I like the design of the firing mechanism, and it has some definite benefits and drawbacks. The drawbacks are mostly akin to just getting used to it and paying attention to how it works. Although some things I've noticed so far is that the might be worth looking to.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the default control for the zoom aim is, but I have mine set to the right mouse button. If that's not the default, disregard my point as it's more of a personal thing. I find it sometimes awkward to detonate the charge in coordination with zooming and such. It was discussed that if perhaps enough people wanted the charge to explode on a timer that you guys might consider changing it to something like that, but we'll see how many people are in favor of something like that. I personally would like something like a timed explosion, but that's just my style. Although I will say it was mentioned in the DC that it would explode on enemy contact? If that supposed to be the case I haven't noticed it do so, if by chance that's a glitch or not I don't know.

2.) Projectile Arch and Bounce

So another unique aspect of this weapon is the bounce of the grenade. I will say it's VERY fun and please don't make any changes to it. I will however say that sometimes the bounce can be somewhat restricting when dealing with terrain and obstacles. So, I might suggest perhaps adding a charge function that would fire the projectile farther? I would love to fire over large boxes and such into groups of enemies without having to worry about the bounce either not making it far enough to a target or bouncing in a different direction because of the geography of the floor. But like I said, no problems with the bounce itself at all. I would like to point out a small glitch, that when you fire the grenade up a ramp it will often get stuck in the floor and freak out because it's trying to bounce but doesn't have enough oomhp. 

3.) Grenade Itself

OMG Is that a colored explosion?? So the grenade is much like I had imagined, and everything is good about it, like the damage, radius, etc. I would like to suggest perhaps making it a little larger so it's easier to see where it is? The trail helps to be able to see where it's going, but I could definitely appreciate a larger object so I can see precisely where it is when I want to detonate it. (This would also make #1 less of an issue for me).

So overall, AWESOME weapon and now we'll never have to deal with another person coming into the game and asking where the grenades are. Now we have a grenade launcher. Fantastic work on this one DE!

EDIT: I said 'goof' when I wanted to say 'good'. Awwwkward.

Edited by DJ_Redwire