The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tell Me Something I Don't Know...

Sixty5

Okay, here's mine.

I like to $&*^ around with Java and OpenGL programming. Been trying to make something that at least resembles a game (with limited success so far).

Figuring out how to make everything work together is quite challenging.

I spent a week making skyrim mods for an RP run.

The modding was the fun part...

I made a race conversion for starcraft. Replaced the Terran buildings with giant ships that could land to disgorge troops, then take off to participate in the battle or just relocate. The catch was that you couldn't build additional command centers (although engineering bays could build workers and served as drop-off points. The engi bays were Command Ships, the CC the Supreme Command Ship. And if you lost your Supreme command Ship, you couldn't build any more buildings and expand your fleet. You were stuck with what you had. The supreme command ship fired three-laser bursts, with a volley of missiles accompanying every other burst. It was utterly awesome. It started out weak so that you couldn't use it to cheese early-game, but had its own set of upgrades to become formidable in its own right.

My new battlecruiser was pretty cool, too. It fired a constant beam attack that lasted about six seconds and had an equally long cool down. I got the sound by using a paper towel tube to transfer vibration from a hair-cutting razor into my mic.

Also, I love doing strange things to Jedi Knight. Like making the smoke trail of the rail gun turn into a trail of rail-gun projectiles. Since the trail and resulting bombs had no momentum, they would then drop and create a line of fire towards where-ever you fired your rail gun. It was pretty awesome.

Edited by Siubijeni

I'm an Eagle Scout and am obsessed with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings

Same here.  High five, brother.

I have no friends ,if you think I'm joking go look at my Facebook page

Same here.  I feel for you, dude.

A couple other mildly interesting facts about me:

I'm a figure skater and horseback rider.

I can run any mission in AvP Gold on Director's Cut in under five minutes.

Some nights I dream about the mists of Sovngarde.

P.S.  I love how we have devs that post in Off Topic.  It makes me strangely proud to play WF.

HK has been legally dead for 3 minutes.

Twice.

I had a hangnail once?  Um... it was totally annoying?

HiddenKharma, that's just unfair.  How the hell am I supposed to top that?  "Oh, I remember this one time I fell in to a Combine and spent the better part of a month surviving with mangled knees and no feet, having to eat my way out of a haybale during the most shocking August blizzard that upstate NY has ever experienced, finally tunneling through 26 miles of snow to end up next to the ambulance doors at the Hospital."

"While being stung by angry hornets and chased by a pack of wild dingoes that escaped from an illegal poaching ring underneath Farmer Ted's old barn."

"Also, my real name is Sue because my dad really liked Johnny Cash and has a dark sense of humor".

"And my grandma's a zombie."

Despite my account name, my name isn't Jack...

...it's actually Jake.

I'm also a divergent/creative thinker, but have no manner of expressing it.

i.e. I can perfectly imagine something I wish to draw, but I can barely draw straight lines without immense effort (totally sucks).

I can speak enough of the following languages to get by on a hypothetical visit to their homelands (IE, I'm not fluent in most, but I can make myself understood and understand a lot of the stuff you'd need to on a casual basis):

French
Welsh
Romanian
Italian
Mandalorian

I'm also working on Spanish, Russian, and German, but for now my knowledge in those areas is fairly insignificant.

Edited by Siubijeni