Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta - Possible Future?

SpFinX

/Previously, this was a review thread about Penta's cons and pros. Since most players already got common with it, this info is no longer valuable. Still, there are some future ideas that shouldn't be forgotten/

Now i'd like to talk about Penta's future. I clearly remember that DE stated that there would be multiple gun fire modes (i guess that's about semi-auto for auto and vice versa). I suggest that such tactical weapon needs this modes:

- Contact grenade. Simple and deadly. Actually it looks like a better main firing mode than manual explosion, which should be an optional firing mode.

- Sticky grenade - manual explosion. Or it can stick to walls only. Or at the very least it's bounce power is reduced 100 times, so it lays on ground where you shot it.

- Proximity grenade WITH possibility of manual explosion. They won't know what hit'em ^^

Well, that's all what i can think of it. Maybe you have some other info?

Edited by SpFinX

if its a proximity grenade there should be a timer or some form of manual detonation so you arent stuck with some grenades on the ground while the enemies come through another door.

just finished leveling back up to 30 after my second forma and yes, the thing is quite deadly to its wielder as well as the enemies, however with proper aiming and a valkyr, the aiming possibilities are nearly endless.

mine's not lvl30 or forma'ed yet, but from my experience, one of the thing that annoyed me the most was how unpredictable it bounced off enemies. so i put shred on it, and it fixed everything. it still bounces around the floor normally, but will pierce though enemies and doors. when i use it, i usually dont let it bounce. i primarily use it as a mid range weapon, almost always detonate it before it hit any terrain, hitting enemies will go through them and not affect trajectory because of shred.

if its a proximity grenade there should be a timer or some form of manual detonation so you arent stuck with some grenades on the ground while the enemies come through another door.

Totally agree. Proximity detonator isn't negating manual detonation in any way. It should work automatically, on it's own. And if you aren't happy with that, manual detonation should work ofc.

when i use it, i usually dont let it bounce. i primarily use it as a mid range weapon, almost always detonate it before it hit any terrain.

Same here. Contact grenade mode will be the most popular i guess. Manual detonation should be secondary mode, not main.

Same here. Contact grenade mode will be the most popular i guess. Manual detonation should be secondary mode, not main.

im afraid if penta shot contact grenade, it would work too much like ogris. plus, being about to detonate it mid-air is a huge positive for me. anyway, i DO occasionally use the bounce function, say, around a corner.

Edited by leonvision

im afraid if penta shot contact grenade, it would work too much like ogris. plus, being about to detonate it mid-air is a huge positive for me. anyway, i DO occasionally use the bounce function, say, around a corner.

That's why i started to talk about different fire modes. While contact explosion is useful against ranged enemies, manual explosion is way better against Infested or other melee-focused enemies. Allowing us to be flexible would be awesome.

And is it so bad if it works like Ogris without it's REALLY ANNOYING charge-up? Sorry, i really hate this way of shooting. That's why Ogris, Lanka and bows aren't in my weapon of choice list >_<

Edited by SpFinX

That's why i started to talk about different fire modes. While contact explosion is useful against ranged enemies, manual explosion is way better against Infested or other melee-focused enemies. Allowing us to be flexible would be awesome.

having more fire modes are always welcomes, but seeing how DE does things, it'll probably come in the form of mods, or a seperate weapon. not that i think there's anything wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically, it won't be faster than shooting and exploding them immediately. But yeah, that'll look cool. And it might even surpass some of bosses "stages", when they become invulnerable after reaching certain HP percentage.

• 2 weeks later...

BiancaRoughfin, on 03 Jan 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

A topic with the same suggestions has already been posted Here.

My post was made 1 day before, also the more the merrier. I mean, the more DE see these topics, the faster we'll get this implemented. Edited by SpFinX