Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Faction:

Grineer

Description:

The Grizzly is a retractable, forearm-mounted chainsaw.  Made to chew through the target rather than slice, it is less effective when swung around but incredibly deadly when used on a pinned target.  Deals significant slashing damage, but energized teeth can penetrate armor to an extent as well.  Charge attacks knock down opponents to facilitate using finishers to deal critical damage.  Blade is retracted back until needed, and then extended forward when in operation.  Commonly used for both combat and industrial applications by the Grineer, particularly for clearing out thick vegetation, debris, and barricades.

Artwork:

R0tPHit.png

Edited by AhziDahaka

EYE OF THE LOTUS HOMING SLASH SWORD

THE DEPICTED CAN BE IN DUAL VERSION AS WELL

INTRODUCING THE ATTACK CHOISE OPTION THAT I PROPOSE THE WEAPONS SHOULD HAVE WHERE THE PLAYER CAN CHOOSE 1.MELEE 2.SPECIAL 3.CHARGE

MELEE -->DUE TO ITS SIZE AND BLADE TYPE* IT CAN HIT 3 ENEMIES BY A SIMPLE ATTACK

SPECIAL --->HOMING SLASH MEANS THAT IT HITS FROM A FAR A CERTAIN NUMBER OF ENEMIES

CHARGE ---> MORE ENERGY WILL BE BESTOWED TO THE EYE IN THE BLADE GIVING IT STRONGER ATTACKS.THE EYE IS THE ENERGY METER WHEN THE IRIS IS BLUE LVL1 WHEN RED LVL2 WHEN PURPLE LVL3

THE EYE IN THE BLADE SHOULD CONTAIN THE LOTUS SYMBOL IN THE IRIS CENTER IT IS SUPPOSED TO OFFER THE MATAPHOR OF THE LOTUS PROTECTIVE AND DYNAMIC AWARENESS ITSELF

eye_of_the_lotus_by_voidosmosis-d6y53ou.

faction : Tenno

type : Thrown

武器の説明: 野球ボールのように3本指で握ります。スローイングと同時に中のカプセルが電撃の刃になり、触れる相手に電撃ダメージを与えます。

Weapon name : Ichiro

eLsN9IQ.jpg

後からみて思ったけど、前後ろ逆の方が良さそう。

Edited by MoRST

Ok, I am nervous but here we go!

Faction: Tenno

Name: Spriggan [or Plasma Whip]

Grip: Single Handed Sword

Description: A Plasma Whip; basically a flexible sword, with joints that can lock or free; allowing the sword to be flexible or stiff depending on the needs of the operator.

Suggested Implementation: - 3 Target hit - Whip Charge Animation - Normal Attacks like Single Handed Sword  [or vice versa] - High Slash or High impact [either is fun]

What makes it fun?: Flexed animation during Charge [or normal attack] - Alternative variant to Plasma Sword - Shape and Design - desmembering enemies in the game is always fun

1YyTcYl.jpg

oEkA0ft.jpg

Enjoi

Edited by Takai

I have this from my old deviantart page: http://freelancer27.deviantart.com/art/Red-Nova-Battle-Sword-201253711, my 3 year-old drawing. :l

Yeah, I called this the Red Nova, but you guys just figure out what name you can call it.

red_nova_battle_sword_by_freelancer27-d3

Its grip is similar to a glove while acts like a sword. It has a cannon underneath that can be used as a short-range charge blast. Its slashing should do Magnetic damage, unlike the conventional electric.

Its faction, well, I feel like its for the Grineer, but it can be moved to the Tenno due to its custom design.

Now it´s my turn;)
My weapon is a kind of a spear with a special funktion for charged attacks. While fighting with normal attacks, the spear is used normally, but when you perform a charged attack, you hold the spear horizontal to the ground slightly behind your body and when you attack, the spear dashes forward and gets longer because of the 5 components right under the blade.
The ingame reason for expanding could be a strong magnetic field, which guide the components and the blade. Of course it would glow like the color of energy.
The weapon would be a tenno- design with mostly punkture damage with a little bit of impact and slash.

A good name for the weapon would be the Ether-Akvito. the blade would be like al ether-weapons, and akvito comes from the greek noun for spear, akovtio.

the animation-set could be based by orthos, but the chargeattack need an own animation
xRL7GH4l.jpg

Edited by Erniemaster

Description: To be extremely simple: an Orthos with the "Ether" material as blades, so the grip is Staff/Polearm.

The artwork below is just the concept, I'll add textures and more accurate proportions if I can find the time.

(The reason the smaller blade parts are a different color is because I forgot to add the transparency, will try to fix that as well -.-)

ether_staff_by_shradnown-d6y5n9f.png

Edit:

Newer Version:

ether_staff_v2_by_shradnown-d6yisst.png

Edited by Shradnown

A little intro first.

From the first day the Scythe got released I always hoped it would have the length of the Orthos, but it didn't. So my original submission was a scythe with the length of the Orthos.

But after my third set of bench press and getting denied by the 5th girl in the gym I figured out I could submit something more "original".

So here is the scythe, my original idea..

raVzpmX.png

And here is my submission, name: Dual Moon

Dual scythes connected by chains. The scythe has 2 different attack types, the basic attack mainly consists of cutting animations used by both scythes (dual kama animations), during the normal attacks the chains stay behind the Warframe.

For charge attack the Warframe throws one of the scythes and it circles around infront of the player. The chains, as well as the blade deal damage.

The scythe doesn't have a handle, it can be held anywhere. (probably lower on the handle) The scythe is based on the Tenno faction.

Accessories:

On top of the blade are few rings, it also has a sharp point on top of the handle.

The lotus symbols and the syandana (it moves) can be customized by energy color.

On the bottom there is another lotus symbol carved into the "half moon" looking object.

On the sides of the "half moon" are rings with robe attached to it (they move)

So here is my submission and an example of what the charge attack would be like.

q0Py24d.png

Charge attack:

AkY5JOC.png

Edited by Brahmastra

Faction:テンノ
Brief Description:
古代のテンノの暗殺者が所持すると知られている一本の直刀は
相手の背後を取った場合は文字通り相手を確実に暗殺してみせるだろう。
反面通常の戦闘はリーチの短さと攻撃力の低さが目立ち得意ではない
http://imgur.com/MaPjW7c?

Name: Secar

Weapon type:  (new weapon type) Wire

1. Please excuse my probably bad english.

Short description: A mono-filament wire, cutting anything into pieces. A lenght of  15 40+ meters or more and attached to small gauntlet-like base. A strong magnetic field helps the Tenno controlling the wire, preventing him from cutting himself or his allies.

Mono-Filament means a thickness of a single molecule for me.

Weapon ingame: I want it to deal either slash or puncture damage as ist a cutting weapon and mono-Filament.

There are a lot of different attack types and animations possible. For example just swinging the wire around, dealing damage to all nearby enemies. Or focussing on a specific enemy, cutting him into pieces.

Also i would like to see Specials like pulling, staggering, slowing, and other special effects, as this weapon hinders movement, making it painfull.

This weapon would probably require a whole new set of animations, but i would really like to see some more Special/ unique stuff ingame instead of all this longswords, daggers, whatever.

'Art' I didnt really know what to draw, as you would hardly see the weapon ingame. Maybe some small gauntlets, idk.

Unbenannt_zps6aee3a36.png

Edited by Asrat

Hey all!

Faction: Tenno, I guess.

Grip: One handed

Concept: I like the ideas I've seen for cannons and such on swords, for certain applications.  However, I don't think we be needing guns on our swords, so here's my take:  A one-handed sword with energy projectors at the hilt, which are used to project force.

Normal attacks function as a slightly weaker normal sword in terms of damage, but the energy projectors run on low power to provide a small chance of knockdown.

Charge attack is a horizontal 180 degree swing, with the energy projectors throwing a wave a short distance with a greater chance for knockdown.

attacking a knocked down enemy:  Player stabs sword down into the foe, and projects a wave of insane force, instantly finishing off all but the very toughest enemies (read: bosses), along with a small amount of AoE damage to any enemies nearby.

Behold my epic art.

tqEYpfl.jpg

Edited by t3hsquirr3l

Name: Verto

Grip type: Dagger

Description: To counter the extremely inefficient charging time per railgun shot, the Tenno used their mastery in forging swords to transform the rails on this flintlock styled railgun into blades. In return creating the scourge of any close to mid-range battlefield; useful in pinching in that extra bit of damage before a swift melee confrontation.

The charge attack shoots a railgun shot once, doing magnetic damage that can only hit a single enemy.

The normal attacks follow that of other daggers.

verto_blade_finished_cropped_by_eddieisn
butt_frame_for_cropped_by_eddieisnt-d6y6

Sharing other people's caveats that I'm not an artist under any guise . . .

Faction - Tenno

Name - Satsetsukon (if you want the japanese name - since Tenno names are often derivative, I'd be tempted to call it Setsukon) or Coiling Dragon Staff (english translation of chinese handle)

Description - Based on weapon technology as old as the bows favoured by some Tenno, the Setsukon coiling dragon staff combines the flexibility of a whip with the striking ability of a staff.  Composed of three high strength, high energy arm--length rods connected by magnetic couplings (let's give it a modern twist), this weapon is capable of striking foes around obstacles and can generate tremendous kinetic energy on a swing.

I admit, this is extra work as it would involve a new set of animations.  It would be wielded with two hands, but I could see animations alternating between both hands at one end for long sweeping strikes and ground strikes as well as in the middle for rapid flurries.

Sansetsukon.png

Name: Wuxianjian

Description: This is a weapon wielded with only one hand, the other used for balance. The weapon is used via a series of effortless and slight cuts and stabs that never overcommit. It is deftly manipulated through the use of the whole body and every single joint. The Wuxianjian was a weapon used by Ancient Tenno. It was a weapon used by Tenno who had practiced their swordsmanship to the pinnacle of perfection. When they used the weapon, there were no openings their opponents could use. They were invincible, their victories infinite.

Grip: This is used as a sword and uses the blade's sharpness instead of muscular strength and therefore there are only slight movements. With only one hand used to manipulate the blade, it can be effortlessly placed into multiple angles. It has a balanced amount of Slash, Impact and Puncture damage, though there is a slightly larger amount of Slash damage.

Usage: Something like how long weapons are used in this game except less effort is used and the blade is only swung slightly without much muscular strength. Normal attacks consist of a series of cuts and thrusts while charged attack is a single stab that causes a quick spectral version of the sword to fly outwards. It has a long range but dissipates upon impact and does slightly more damage than a single normal attack. All movements involve the sword being held by one hand only as the other is used for balance.

Additional: The sword is placed in the sheathe when not used. The sheathe itself could be placed on the hips, if possible. Otherwise it is placed like a normal long weapon like a Cronus, though the Cronus does not have a sheathe.

I apologize if the image turns out to be too big.(First time.) I used mspaint so the artwork(lol) is terrible.

882657_10200268821723238_1649539289_o.jp

Edited by Suzaku

FACTION: Tenno

GRIP: sword and tower shield, like how romans use their set.

it is to be used with dark dagger instead of a original gladius, i tried to copy the style of dark dagger on the shield but muh artistic skills are quite subpar. the dagger and sword is kept like ether dagger with both on the hip and the handles on each side of the hip. as the player grabs the shield it unfolds to protect the player and the dagger is used like a gladius.

i wish i had more artistic skills. meanwhile, enjoy muh 9001 hour long MSpaint masterpieces

first swing is a stab, second is a side slice and third is a downward motion slice, the charged attacks are a shield bash with the flat of the shield, followed by a stab and the last hit is a bash with the side of the shield, going by the new charge animations with 3 motions.

when not blocking the shield is kept open to the side ready to begin the charge motion with the dork dark dagger also ready to stab. backstab is a kick on the back of the legs followed by a stab motion on the neck of the targed, to pierce his torso like how its done on the gladiator movie. finisher is a shield bash with the bottom of the tower shield, with the player ramming the grip of the dagger on top of the shield. slide attack should be a spin with the shield.

i5jl.png
vq0h.png

Edited by Eremes

Name: Aegis (or Phalanx)

Faction: Corpus

Concept: I always feel sorry for the Prod Crewmen. Especially since they seem like the bravest (or most suicidal) members of the Corpus, running headlong at enemies (sometimes at bosses during infestations) with a shock baton. So in keeping with the Greco-roman flavor I get off the Corpus, I am submitting one of the most iconic Roman melee tools: the Shield and shortsword/spear combo.

When undeployed the shield appears like a small buckler on the left arm, with the blade/spear holstered on the leg.  When deployed the buckler expands with energy ‘wings’ to make a full shield, while the blade/spear is held similar to a dagger.

When attacking the Tenno/Corpus Legionary alternate between shield bashes and stabbing thrusts from the blade/spear. The charged attack would be a heavy shield bash with a low(leg) sweep attack from the blade/spear with a high chance of knockdown. Spin attack would be a simple spin with shield edge and blade/spear out.  Wallrun and leap attacks would be a full body shield slam with the blade/spear in an overhand stab. The Finisher would be to use the shield the pin the victim then a quick stab from the side.

The unique aspect of the Aegis however is apparent when blocking, as the shield provides a larger hitbox for blocking incoming attacks (potentially, if the code supports it, providing a slight increase to damage reduced/reflected/knockback chance).

In keeping with the bash/stab attack style damage type would be mostly impact and puncture with very little slash.

Ideally I would love to see Corpus Legionaries with these to provide better melee support for the Corpus and the same damage-soak function the Shield Lancers provide. Alternatively, to keep with the Corpus reliance on energy shielding over physical armor, the Legionaries’ shields could be temporarily disrupted when dealt enough blunt/magnetic damage.

Addendum: Not a second submission per say, but I would love to see the Grineer version of this as well, (say: The Bulwark) but as just the Shield Lancer’s shield with a lotus symbol rather than the Grineer emblem. Same bonuses to blocking (there really needs to be a good/better reason for blocking in Warframe), but all impact damage with just shield bash animations when attacking.

Further Addenda: Please excuse my amature art skills and bad handwriting. Just noticed when I began posting this that the person just before me had the same idea for the Tenno rather than Corpus... so much for my originality factor.

488l.jpg

Edited by Natron_Fyar

DUAL HEAT SPADE

Faction: Tenno (because it takes martial arts katas to wield properly, but I can see the Grineer using it, too, perhaps as a boss weapon)

Grip Type: Dual Swords

Description: With a collapsible Heat Spade in each hand, enemies can be decapitated or disemboweled quickly with the superheated spear-like tips. Ability to cut through armor and to cauterize wounds as they hit also allow for a low mess stealth option favored by assassins.

Note: Finisher move, Charge Attack, and Block involves crossing spades with the blades facing outward. Scissor-like Finisher move & Charge attack pulls the diamond-shaped spades apart to decapitate or disembowel targets.

964357_10152112760631085_612995414_o.jpg

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Name:

Cleaver and Sheild

Faction:

Grineer

Description:

A Tenno variation utilizing the Grineer riot shield, and the Cleaver axe, this combination provides excellent offense and defense for Warframes. The shield, modified by the Tenno, can collapse into itself while it is attached to the forearm to allow the Tenno to switch to his/her ranged weapons without any restrictions. In addition the shield provides a notable bonus to existing Warframe armor, while serving as an excellent defensive implement against ranged attacks. For offensive, the Cleaver is still wielded like a one handed axe/sword, but the charge attack is a shield bash that can potentially knock enemies prone.

WarframesCleaverandShield_zpse33d1561.jp

Fork of Horripilation

This cursed fork completely drains your Energy when equipped, and does very little damage at that. But Darvo insists that you use it to slay The Stalker during his quest. It's well worth the effort, though, as you will be rewarded with the Spear of Bitter Mercy. The fork is listed as an Orokin artifact because no item in the game has the same appearance. However, in the construction set, there is an item named "Iron Fork", that seems to be the item base for the Fork of Horripilation.

180px-MW-item-Fork_of_Horripilation.jpg

Credit to Bethesda