Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Faction - Corpus

Name - ELEMENTUM

Description: Double swords, from an ether-like material that optically adjusts to the currently active element, which were developed under the strictest secrecy of the corpus. They were designed specifically for the fight against Tenno. Their task was to inflict significant elemental damage to Waframes due to their remarkably high status-chance. The double swords, designed to do cut-damage are quite weak, but do this by a high attack rate as well as a high critical chance for it.

PS: sry for my bad english :3

o8dmtnasf7t.jpg

wow these are so tight... I love the way the elemental dmg type offects the look of the blades.. Very nice... One of my top 3 most wanted weapons....

Name: Lair
Faction: Infested
Description: Born from the research of tenno on infested, (maybe a mutation of mire) it is a scythe used with both hands for a long range. With normal attacks behaves like a simple scyte affecting up to 3 enemies while when charged sections break off and it become an heavy whipto hitting to a long-range. It has the base ability to case poison damage and mainly slashing damage. Sketch made by hands (and sorry for my bad english!" I hope you will understand XD)

S3zNp2I.jpg

great detail on the art and it's a very interesting design though it bears several similarities to previous designs posted here but nonetheless i'd love to see this weapon chosen and added by DE.

I apologize in advance for MSpaint

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: The Astra is a rarely seen heavy weapon favored by the elite within certain divisions of the Corpus. With every swing it deals -shocking- blows that can put any shield into critical condition. Make Thor proud by getting your own electric hammer with the Astra.

Original Artwork:

sdg0gk.jpg

Since infested weapons are "alive", I thought a large disgusting bug would fit the role of a "throwing" weapon.

So this bugger sits on your arm and throbs/pulsates/breathes while idle, like you se wasps do sometimes.

When you throw it, it acts like a throwing weapon, except it won't spin or bounce more than once (obviously).

While airborne the wings flutter and make loud heavy buzzing noises.

When you melee using it, it stays on your arm and makes angry hissing sounds, perhaps spreading it's wings a bit.

It should have impact/puncture damage and maybe some viral.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

gjx9.png

i used the stats that are on wiki for the ankyros for a base stats and changed them to what i dissided was appropriate for my weapon the Sting that's why there are links sorry

Name:Sting

Faction:infested

special: inflicts corrosive damage

Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Gauntlets

Normal attacks

1-impact.pngImpact 15.4
3-slash.pngSlash 20.0
Crit Damage 200.0%
Attack Rate 1.5 atks/sec

Charge Attacks

1-impact.pngImpact 10.0
3-slash.pngSlash 70.0
Charge Time 0.75 sec/charge
Crit Damage 150.0%

Jump Attacks

Slide Attacks

Miscellaneous

Cleave Radius 0.25 meters

944840_1508953532663016_728347945_n.jpg

Manufacturing Requirements Resource Quantity

32px-NanoSpores.png Nano Spores 1000

32px-Salvage.png Salvage 900

32px-Ferrite.png Ferrite 600

32px-AlloyPlate.png Alloy Plate 200

24px-Credits_32px.png Credits 40,000

Build Time 12h

Rush Build 19px-Platinumicon.png 35

Edited by Hellboy44

10cnl0g.jpg

ibx4cw.jpg

AngryKoreanMen’s entry for the melee contest

Title: Broken Ambrella
Artist: AngryKoreanMen
Description: Rain Umbrella
Color: any color available
Stats: N/A till creation
Extras: "Sunny Skin" transforms it into Beach Umbrella
Notice: Broken, cannot be opened

Special but usual, serious but funny axe style weapon.  
Some may call it an easter egg item but I believe it’s time to see some “funny” but equally deadly weapons as the normal ones in Warframe.
 If you like my entry thumbs up, promote it or force the staff to make it real!

Thanks

Edited by AngryKoreanMen

10cnl0g.jpg

ibx4cw.jpg

AngryKoreanMen’s entry for the melee contest

Title: Broken Ambrella

Artist: AngryKoreanMen

Description: Beach Umbrella

Color: any color available

Stats: N/A till creation

Notice: Broken, cannot be opened

Special but usual, serious but funny axe style weapon.  

Some may call it an easter egg item but I believe it’s time to see some “funny” but equally deadly weapons as the normal ones in Warframe.

If you like my entry thumbs up, promote it or force the staff to make it real!

Thanks

you mean sorta like in soul caliber with the funny weapons like the feather broom that makes the chicken clucking sound as its swung  or ivy's whip sword that makes the sproing noise like a cartoon character getting wood

Faction: Infested

Description:  Sword and Dagger Grip Type (the small dagger part can be used as a whip) - The Mios

A multi-purpose bio-weapon that gorges itself on enemies and can drag targets closer to it using the hook-dagger built into the pommel.

warframe__melee_concept_contest___the_mi

That reminds me the comic of "BIOMEGA" very much. I love this one!

Orbis

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description:

Chakram-like discs. Mediocre base damage is compensated by great reach, quick attack speed and ability to hit several times in a single "swing". In fight, they are hurled in arcs around the attacker, their flight is guided and eventually brought back my magnetic "anchors" on fighter's palms.

Slide attacks hurl them around as well, this time hitting low (able to hit knocked down enemies)

Charged attack launches the discs forward in a spiral pattern.

Awful at jump attacks.

As for the grip type, well, dagger-like might do. I imagine them being crossed to form an '8' when held in blocking stance.

Original Artwork:

concept.jpg

orbis__warframe_melee_concept_contest__b

This one is so nice, i must say that this one is one of the coolest melee design i´ve seen hope this one gets choosen.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/4453630d0bd5539537aa9783e26902d7/tumblr_myhha1JAJI1s2bdeho1_500.jpg

Byssin    (Named After Byssinosis, AKA the Brown Lung)

Faction Type: Infected

Weapon Type: Staff/ Spear

Weapon Type Effect: Gas (Or Toxin to simplify) 

Specialty: Option 1: Regular 180-360 degree swing. (Could create a puff of gas/ Toxin to affect those not killed.)

Option 2:  Thrust forward. (Could spray near enemies with the Gas/ Toxin, while only killing the one(s)in front.

Name: Akurai MK. II

Description:

Grip Type: Greatsword

A high-frequency Beam is used as the primary blade of the Akurai.

Despite of it's size the Akurai is a very light and agile sword. The Akurai is capable of fast and strong attacks. But the strength of charged attacks suffer from the low weight. On charged attacks the temperature on the surface of the sword increases so that the water inside the air vaporizes and creates a steam besides that the color of the beam changes. 

Rumors say that lightnings are around the blade when used which would make it a perfect weapons against the corpus.

21a6.jpg

Name: Pangere

Description: A single handed blade capable of firing charged bolts of energy on command. The blade is comprised of two small blades flanking a larger center blade which rests over the firing tube and internal circuitry. On ground attack, a narrow wave of energy is released. On normal charge, a high speed blast of accurate force is directed at crosshairs. Animation of reactor located on pommel would help sell the design.

The main design and ground pound function

http://i.imgur.com/MPdxFYA.jpg

Standing charge attack functionality

http://i.imgur.com/iYQ08K6.jpg

Can't seem to get the images to work.

Edited by StallordD

CORPUSAW(Or something, I don't know DE make a cool name)

Don't have much time so...It's a chainsaw by the Grineer. Of course high impact and heres a pic.

CHAINSAW.png

Also it would be the first weapon to use the charge attack as a constant dmg weapon. IE instead of simply charging up and swiping it would make your tenno go into a holding animation where you could charge ahead with the chainsaw. It would also use stamina in this state.

It would be held like so, but you know. Like in the my picture with a single black bar grip.

dep_6018041-Sexy-Girl-holding-a-chainsaw

Definitely not bribing you with women. At all...

Upvote plz... :)

Edited by Slyty98

Faction:corpus

Name:mumyou(無名)

Grip Type:IAI KATANA(居合刀)

武器の説明:TENNOの使う刀に着目したcorpusの意欲的な兵士が発注した試作武器です。

TENNOやgrineerに比べて非力なcorpusの兵でも接近戦で優位に立てるように籠手と一体化した鞘、強力な光波を発生させるレーザーブレード等試験的な機能が多数搭載されています。

チャージアタックでレーザーの刃を発射する遠距離攻撃が、スライディング攻撃で広範囲をなぎ払う回転攻撃が繰り出せるようになっており、通常攻撃は素早い連続攻撃です。

corpusの科学力で徹底的に扱いやすく設計されていて武術さえ学べば力のないcorpusクルーマンでも容易に扱えますが技術も力も高いTENNOの手に渡る事を想定しておらず、TENNOが手にした時には圧倒的な殲滅力を発揮するでしょう。

刀身が磁気属性を帯びているので自分達に使われると致命傷になる事には気づけなかったようです。

http://i.imgur.com/Wi5O7rk.png

Faction- Tenno

Name - Hattori

Reminiscent of the ancient Katana. This weapon is wielded with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other. its First attack is always the strongest from the draw. Like a sniper rifle running primed chamber, This is  precise killing machine, so would probably have a high crit rate.

NewCanvascopy_zps776eac75.jpg

this design already has a thread. bump if you like

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/#entry1693952

This is a masterpiece. I really want this blade. I guess my Gunblade wont make it into the game, but hell, this sword deserves to used by the Tenno.