The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea: Icarus

Cradicias

So, I'm no artist, but, I do come up with ideas in my head all the freaking time. Today, I had the idea for a Warframe that I think would be an interesting addition to the fold. Picture if you will a Warframe that's heavily armored and shielded. That heavy armor though comes at the cost of a speed that's slower than even Rhino with its slow helmet on. Now, the armor and shield couldn't -possibly- make up all the weight you say? Of course not. The rocket pack and fusion core on its back make up most of the weight. What would it's powers look like? Well, I'll try to describe it as best I can.

1) The cheap power, the thing that lets Icarus keep up with the pack: A simple rocket boost forward. Think Excalbur's Slash Dash with rocket propelled awesomeness and a boost to melee damage while thrust is present.

2) Now, he's slow, so, running up walls might be hard. What could help here, you ask? A rocket propelled jump straight up. Too much like Excalibur? Agreed, so what do we do? We give a giant &#! fiery explosion at the start of the jump to discourage any enemies from getting too close to our vertically challenged friend.

3) Using rockets can put a lot of stress on a reactor powering them. Builds up a lot of heat. Gotta burn off some steam, right? Well, with your third power, why not let the steam burn some enemies as you release built up heat in a steam burst that does fire damage to enemies and provides a brief Invisibility to any allies in range. Now, it'd be broken if you could just spam this, so, that's where we get creative and introduce a new mechanic for Icarus: Heat. As you use any rocket propelled powers, you build up heat incrementally, indicated by the reactor on your back glowing till you can no longer use your other powers and must vent heat to continue. Damage and stealth time is increased the more you let heat build.

4) The Ultimate, the power that separates a Warframe from the rest. Much like Valkyr, I didn't wanna just give a mega blast of some sort. I wanna encourage existing mechanics. So, when you use your ultimate as Icarus, you gain a constant burn of your jets, rocketing you forward and improving your jump height immensely. Understandably, with the increase in speed comes a massive boost to melee damage, greater than the 1st power, We're talking melee swipes insta-gibbing the minions while taking big chunks out of the bigger foes. Finally, much like his name sake, Icarus eventually gets his wings plucked and the jets need a cooldown period, making all powers except the steam vent unusable for a time. 

So, there you have it, my idea for a Warframe. Please, let me know what you think and like the comment if you wanna see it in game.

Edited by Cradicias