Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Glitch. The Invisible Grenade.

BoomyGordo

Well I'm loving the penta and even planning on kicking off a youtube series called how2weapon with a showcase of the penta. The only problem I'm seeing currently with the gun is that.. well sometimes the grenades go stealthmode.

I will shoot the grenade in an arc to air burst it over some clueless greedy milk drinking corpus heads, but when I hit the detonate button they don't die and i instantly go down. All my team mates see the grenade far away from me and all of them see me die with no dicernable source of damage. the explosion effect appears at the grenade and everything yet I take full damage from it. This would be less frustrating if i could survive it but when you have splitchamber, serration, heavy caliber and blast damage mods on all maxed.. 4k damage is kind of hard to survive.

DE could you look into what causes this?

you certain that grenades aren't hitting an object such as an ally and bouncing back to your own feet? I saw similar happen to a friend who was using the penta

Very certain. Im using a bright green as my energy so the trail and grenade stand out where ever they are. I look around at my feet before i detonated and still got downed.

I agree with OP. The same bug happens to me quite often, and only if I am not host. Thats why I only run the Penta with Rhino. Good thing it's not yet maxed but it still strips away my iron skin along with 1290 shields and some health too. If they don't fix it it will become unusable if you are not host cuse I'm sure even Rhino wont stand a chance with maxed out serration and heavy caliber on it.

And I thought I'm doing some kind of noob play. I killed myself within 3 days

with Penta so far as total of with Torid and Ogris in 1 year Warframe.

You die unexpected even there are no mods on it. I know I can tank a nade

when its directly under me. 

Mby its cause of 10% status but this happens too often and im pretty sure there is no granade nearby when I die.

It seems to be a bug with the way the game places the projectile and the radius, sometimes the blast radius doesn't register correctly with the projectile, causing the explosion to hit the sender. Keep in mind, I might be spewing bullS#&$ right here, because I'm not a coder for anything, this is purely speculation on what i've observed

this happens to me so much.

luckily if i'm fighting Infested or Corpus, the Elements to use for them - aren't that effective against myself when i randomly explode.

but if i'm fighting Grineer.... ded.

as far as i'm concerned(and been able to discern), it's due to the grenade being 'moved' client-side, and the explosion being controlled host-side to keep people from cheating.

but... that means that if i don't wait a couple seconds after shooting each grenade, i'll probably kill myself.

:/