Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 8 Mastery Test

agnt

This needs a complete redesign.

No matter what you do, its all based on luck do you complete it or not. The control schema is completely random and you have no guarantees your frame will do what you want.

I managed to get into the last set of platforms, but failed it because twice the warframe didn't wallrun but backfliped instead on the 3rd wall.

Last fail was the 4th wall where my frame just jumped into air and fell off instead of backflip.

You have no control whatsoever into this test, either you get it with luck, or you just fail. And ofcourse you need to wait 24hours before trying again.

I have completed all previous tests on first try without any problems, but this one is just like a lottery.

It's a test for a reason and really isn't about luck.  You have to learn to control your frame and camera angles in order to perform the maneuvers you wish to do.  Every time I fail to do some move in the game, it's always due to human error such as camera not facing the right angle or degree at the moment I first jump.  The horizontal wall run is one of those things you have to hit precisely at the moment you first jump, not after you jump....otherwise the frame will just wall run vertically every time.  Overall, that obstacle course is about being good in the read and react department and controlling your frame at a moments instance.  All I can say is practice up and have at it again and again and again until you get better.  Try practicing moves while playing normal missions too.  Most people do nothing in normal missions but run/walk through the whole way and shoot...you see few people wall running, flip jump then slide into a vertical wall run, jump off and shoot then land with a roll and then perform another maneuver...just saying, I have started doing things like that myself and though it may not always work as I planned, it helps me learn to control my frames better and makes any mastery rank test a bit easy...it's just practice afterall...but most of all it's fun once you get the hang of it.

I've failed this test three times so far, and i'm tired of it too. The test isn't really working as intended because half the time my warframe does not react as i use the controls. Hit space while right about to hit a wall to wallrun? Nope, you get to just bounce off for no apparent reason. Or you end up flying way past your target wall because the game decided to launch you off the wall at a higher speed than usual.

The mechanics aren't reliable, this is obvious in the game itself where you can often and easily bounce off of objects that seemed to not be an issue, get stuck on an edge during a climb and fall back down, etc. This is all fine, worst case you end up falling "to your death" and respawn at your last stable location. The mechanic is an extra to normal gameplay.

This test, in comparison, does not tell you what to do until you have a split second to respond (so no strategy or planning), there is no environment to catch you and falling three times means you have to wait another 24 hours. This is not at all representative of the normal game mechanics, is not used in the actual game and is based mostly on luck. I do not control wether or not my character bounces off a wall after correctly pressing space; why should i be punished for this by having to wait an entire 24 hours?

Luck?

What? It's based on pressing the right buttons. That's like saying Street Fighter 2 was based on luck.

Well that's a very unfair comparison. In street fighter if you hit the required keys for a combo it reliably works. It's not just "pressing buttons", it's also the game mechanics underneath accepting the buttons correctly and performing the required action, and as i pointed out this isn't the case.

All that said, with searching the forums i found a "cheat" with loki; Guess i know what to do tomorrow.

Edited by Turiko

You don't need to press space to wall run anymore, that's where you're going wrong.. of course you'll jump off if you press space as soon as you start wall running. 

The issue is with people not knowing how to wall run, not the test. Completed the test first time, didn't fall once. Same with most of my friends. 

I heard a lot of awful things about this test, but just a couple days ago I qualified for it and got it on my first try. It really is just a matter of knowing how to wall run properly and being able to quickly aim while doing it, out of those twot hings the only one that gave me a little trouble was shooting the targets because that isn't normally something you do while running along the side of a wall, as rooms don't tend to be designed in such a way that it's practical. I'd recommend just playing a bit on Grineer Asteroid Bases and practicing doing chains of wallrunning.

You don't even need to run while shooting most of the time, except for the two sections where you're actually running along the wall. Just grab a slow frame and a shotgun. Simple. 

Stop and shoot on the parts where you can stand, and take each section slowly. It's not hard, nor bugged. Honestly fed up of people complaining when there's actual issues which need addressing. 

You don't even need to run while shooting most of the time, except for the two sections where you're actually running along the wall. Just grab a slow frame and a shotgun. Simple. 

Stop and shoot on the parts where you can stand, and take each section slowly. It's not hard, nor bugged. Honestly fed up of people complaining when there's actual issues which need addressing. 

And I'm fed up with people who have had the luck of not coming across a wall-run bug saying 'no it worked fine for me, it should work fine for you'. That last part is right - it SHOULD work for me, but it DOES NOT. I just tried my test for the second time and my warframe kept falling off the wall whenever I made him shoot at the target! There was nothing I could do about this. As soon as I shot, he would fall off the wall. How is that a lack of skill? How is that MY fault? 

And i will play the bad guy role to tell you the Loki method

Take Loki with energy setup Decoy and Switch Teleport abilitys

shoot at orb and when wall appears aim at top tooth edges to place the decoy and

then swich place

At second platform you will be lined with the third so if you have Stretch mod you just

place the decoy and teleport turn and shoot the orb and you will be Rank 8

This you can see it at youtube "rank 8 with Loki"

But always remember that in real life only with effort you will gain what you want

Edited by JoMenton

And I'm fed up with people who have had the luck of not coming across a wall-run bug saying 'no it worked fine for me, it should work fine for you'. That last part is right - it SHOULD work for me, but it DOES NOT. I just tried my test for the second time and my warframe kept falling off the wall whenever I made him shoot at the target! There was nothing I could do about this. As soon as I shot, he would fall off the wall. How is that a lack of skill? How is that MY fault? 

Nowhere in this thread were people talking about 'falling off when shooting'. I'm saying that I'm fed up of people who are clearly describing their own inability to wall run correctly.

If the case is you cease to wall run when you shoot, then by all means make a thread, that sounds like a valid bug.