Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra...why Art Thou So Slow?!

_Absolom_

As everyone knows, the Supra is a beast. It fires laser projectiles, has high impact damage and has one of the longest construction times ingame with a whopping 96 hours required. Not even to speak about the (not currently, but in the past) rare/uncommon materials like Forma and Alloy Plates, or the materials required for the 7 Fieldron.

I for one, do not think it is a bad weapon. Not at all. It has enormous potential, but it needs a bit of developer love. A few stat adjudications is all it needs to really shine out there. Because currently, it does not live up for its requirements (Mastery 7, plus the construction costs).

I love my Supra. Put 6 Forma on it. And I'm not complaining about the accuracy or damage(although Corpus guns tend to be pinpoint-accurate). No, what I am talking about is the projectile speed, and the reload speed.

It is a minigun, so it should not be too accurate. I get that all right. It is a somewhat heavy weapon, so it should take time to reload it, unlike a small assault rifle. I get that too. But I'll quote something from the wiki page what made me throw up.

• "The Supra's shot travel time can be exploited to create a 'blanket' or 'curtain' of projectiles down longer approaches, effectively forcing enemies to take damage if they try to advance through the projectile cloud."

Are you kidding me? You want me to use a minigun, which should be dealing death faster than lightning, to create a bullet curtain?! Is this what you made the Supra for? Because if so, you'd do better removing it  or changing it ASAP.

Here's what I think would be reasonable to change:

-Reduce the reload speed(along with that of the Gorgon) to 3.9s. I think 0.3 seconds is not that much, but it matters.

-Increase projectile traverse speed to 90.0m/s. The Dera, also a Corpus weapon, fires projectiles of laser at the speed of 100m/s. The Supra is heavier, so it shouldn't be as fast, but certainly not this slow.

That's it for now, please, comment if you have something to add or just wanna express your opinion. And now if you excuse me, I have to kick some Grineer arses.

You're confusing heavy machine guns and miniguns.

Possibly. But the Supra could be a mix of those 2.

for the wiki comment, you do realise its written by one guy without any connection to DE.

Yes I do. It makes me sick to think THIS is what the community uses a gun for.

You have to admit, creadting bullet curtains is awesome.

It was in the first 5 minutes. Now it's disgusting. 

One of the issues it seems with guns like the Supra and gorgon is that they're meant for unloading into a crowd of enemies for massive damage. with big damage per shot, high inaccuracy, high fire rate and a massive clip. 
But they're a little weak on the damage because up close they would be face wreckers of massive proportions, able to dps through any individual target like nothing else. 
I say increase the damage of each individual shot, but give it a reverse falloff. 
Between 0-10 metres the plasma pulse/gorgon round is accelerating up to full speed and thus deals less damage. 
I don't use weapons like them though so my apologies if I'm being stupid about this. But I've heard that damage per individual round is what is holding them back because of up close-single target dps becoming absolutely absurd.