Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Pets

Kohira

It seems you´re dont really understand what I meant when saying japanese mmo.

I never said this game has nothing to do with japan.

I was reffering to sc** like this:

Aion2.0Pets.jpg

Since your ideas about the effects of the pets are quiet good, the aesthetics you mentioned should really fit into the setting. Yeah a hawk wolf whatever would be cool. But only if it fits the overall aesthetics. Otherwise, it just would look hilarious.... And I never meant to offend you bro.

And THOSE are what i DON'T want to see in a Sentinel... Like i said, cute doggies or some useless S#&$ that servers no purpose. And don't say "They give you stat" and S#&$ because that may be as well a damn mod. They mentioned something about being able to program the pet like the Gamble System from FF12 so i'm hoping to see something much more evolved and important then goddamn Mags!

And THOSE are what i DON'T want to see in a Sentinel... Like i said, cute doggies or some useless S#&$ that servers no purpose. And don't say "They give you stat" and S#&$ because that may be as well a damn mod. They mentioned something about being able to program the pet like the Gamble System from FF12 so i'm hoping to see something much more evolved and important then goddamn Mags!

Yeah ^^ But since DE has a great style, I think the "pets" will look awesome. To bad we didnt got a look on them in the design council ^^

Edited by Venarge

The problem is that they mentioned Mags from PSO a lot when talking about those Sentinels and... Well, Mags are frigging lame.

...You don't know what MAGs are, now do you? And we're not talking of the mags that were in "Universe" or "Zero" or "Portable".

Oh, no, no, no!

Phantasy Star Online, the very first one MAGs, were freaking awesome! Not perhaps by "default", but they were still valuable (not mention rather cute because they started to imitate the color patterns of their "parents").

They gave you buffs for boss battles and on some other triggering events.

They resurrected you occasionally so you didn't lose that valuable Scape Doll.

But most importantly, they were your ultimate weapons, The Photon Blast. Did we also mention you could combine up to four (player) Blasts to be something even more destructive or utilizing (buffs & such)?

Just few of things I could remember right off my head.

Also, there has been plan that they could do various things depending what "software/script" you install to them. So it could be indirect attacks on mobs, de-buffs, self-buffs, or various other features. Think of them like combining MAGs with companions/partner from Jade Empire for example: Like MAGs, they would follow you around. But only participate in encouters the way you like them to (depending what ways of participation they can offer, of course).

Edited by Pave

I agree completelly with Venarge. Tenno are supposed to be loners, infiltrators, 1 man army, joining in spec-ops cells sometimes to perform missions. In my opinion pets do not belong in Warframe universe, this is going to mess up badly game endorsment, beside the fact that this is shooter in first place and only in second, rpg. Ever seen a pet in Combat Arms? Ever seen a pet in APB? No? Probably it's because shooter games don't need such a thing.

I agree completelly with Venarge. Tenno are supposed to be loners, infiltrators, 1 man army, joining in spec-ops cells sometimes to perform missions. In my opinion pets do not belong in Warframe universe, this is going to mess up badly game endorsment, beside the fact that this is shooter in first place and only in second, rpg. Ever seen a pet in Combat Arms? Ever seen a pet in APB? No? Probably it's because shooter games don't need such a thing.

If they're going to pool all their chips into making a pure shooter game, well... They already lost. They NEED the RPG Space Ninja Twist to make it look unique. If they were going to go for a pure shooter we wouldn't be having warframes that can teleport and explode entire rooms.

Also, we ain't suposed to be 1 man army... We're suposed to be 4-man squads, so adding Sentinels would just make it go further into the squad mentality. You're playing a Co-Op PvE 3PS, my friend, not a PvP FPS.

Edited by ReiganCross

WHAT IF YOU CAN DO COMBOS WITH YOUR PETS?!?!!?! YES. All of my wants.

Since I don't actually like pets (in games), as I'd rather not have to baby sit something or have a random object floating around after me occasionaly shooting things and screwing up my plans, I'd like a non intrusive pet. One that attaches to my armour to make my armour look cool, and that gives me a passive bonus, extra movement speed, more melee damage, faster regen sheilds, or somethign along those lines, that way people who want pets can have them, and those who don't want pets don't have to nerf themselves just because they don't want a pet.

Maybe Sentienels that they propose is similiar to Phantasy Star Online,which is Mags.

Mags do hover,can combo attack with user...

And also some Mags can attach themselves to user like a cloak or something.

I'd like to see it fruition.Then again,we don't know if Sentienels are just drones,or something like Mags,or Cybernetic mini animals,or stuff like that.

Although I'd personally like a mini bat drone that attaches itself to me(like a cool,flowing cape) that increases shield and movement speed when idle and when used to attack,stuns nearby enemy with a sonic wave.

Those Sentienels can be ordered to attack by sapping our Energy gauge.

Just my few cents.

Edited by R4YCH40S

I just want to know why players insist in adding pets? I personally not a big fan of pets in RPG games, but I must accept, those are really usefull in "Torchlight". The thing is, Warframe is not Torchlight and it's in first place, it's a shooter. For a moment, Warframe lacks final objective... Tell me, user, once you crush endless legions of bots alongside your loyal pet and you get all the weapons and armours you ever wanted... What next? You just completed all the objectives and unlocked all locations, killed those bots again and again and now what? You will get bored and quit the game... There is nothing else to do. Just like that.

That's why PVP is needed in any shooter... The reason it can't be any for now, it's because of endorsment, there is no reason for tenno to fight against another tenno, so that's why I think "Sparring" session would be handfull, you are not exactly killing a fellow tenno, you are training with him in holographic room, just a friendly non-harmfull duel. And there is should be PVP in Warframe, otherwise, people will eventually get boring of endless grinding and bot encounters.

With pets or without one is fine for me.

PvP sessions may come on the future..

LOL,don't be so stressed out ,

just kick back and relax........

You're like so &!$$ed on not having PVP =w=|||||

People seem to forget that this is in CBT phase,and there is no right or wrong in giving constructive feedback such as this one.

Then again,Im fine with or without one.It's just a matter of when and what is given to us.

Edited by R4YCH40S

I dont think the coming pets will become a streamlined pets only for show, i consider it something like a personal utility droids to assist their owners, so i dont have any problem with that :o

and this game is currently focused around PVE, and made as a CO-OP PVE game, there are other things thats need to be done before adding PVP. Dont forget there are people also who dont like PVP,but they considering it.

Theyll add it eventualy when is viable i i think.

LOL,don't be so stressed out ,

just kick back and relax........

Yeah, I actually was a bit frustrated, but not for PVP or pets, just simple lack of sleep. Took 1 hour nap, now I am feeling a bit better. )

As I mentioned before, I am not a big fan of pets in any game, but if developers decide those are needed in Warframe, it's alllright by me as far as those are optional. I just wanted to add to that, that in my opinion the main problem for now is missing addiction-hook in game. For now it's just about collecting stuff and getting better in game, once you got everything you wanted, there will not be anything else to do in this game. So in my opinion, this is the real game problem so far, but still... I belive developers did really awesome job with this game and it has so much potencial. )

I just want to know why players insist in adding pets?

I wasn't there when the players proposed pets and the developers accepted. Was this even our choice to begin with? Did we ask for it? Or was this the developers idea? I haven't seen any post where people insisted on having pets.

For me atleast, having pets or not having them makes no difference. But! If they said they are giving us pets, why not talk about? It's not like we are here to beg the developers to add pets, it's just a discussion where people throw their ideas.

I am not quite sure if devolpers offering pets to us, but if they are, it's allright then. But as I said before, shooter with pets is a bit strange. I remeber "Fallout" series having pets, but it's fine in there, because pets were alternative to companions... I just don't know if it blends well in Warframe universe. But if there are gona be pets, it's allright, as far as those are optional, not obligatory, like in "Torchlight" series.

I am not quite sure if devolpers offering pets to us, but if they are, it's allright then. But as I said before, shooter with pets is a bit strange. I remeber "Fallout" series having pets, but it's fine in there, because pets were alternative to companions... I just don't know if it blends well in Warframe universe. But if there are gona be pets, it's allright, as far as those are optional, not obligatory, like in "Torchlight" series.

same thoughts ^^

But since DE makes great stuff, I bet it will be cool. I could imagine that they look a bit like the moa drones.

Uuhhh... I so much want my Cyber Dogmeat in this game!... What about my very own E-DE?... See? Pets can be pretty awesome! Dogmeat was his own very reliable fighter, E-DE had firepower to rival my own on early levels and both were great examples of partners...

Since the devs said that they are planning to add pets with Update 7, I decided to share some of my ideas. I don't know anything about the pets so my ideas may not work or they might just suck.

I was thinking of pets that can cling to the warframe (permanently) , the same way a monkey does to a tree . Imagine this small robot creature clinging to your back or arms, shooting from your back with mini machineguns.

This idea came from the leeches of the leech ospray that cling to you and eat your shields.The pets could protect your back, help you with dealing damage or healing your hp/shields.

The second idea is a kind of the same, just that the clingling to the back is temporary. Lets say that the pet follows you around (how pets act usually in games), and one of its abilities could be it clinging to your back for a few seconds in which it could do any of the following: heal hp or shields, buff or other things.

It could be an ability that can be used every couple of minutes and once the pet is done it could get off your back and continue to shoot or follow you around.

It could even be an insect-like pet that walks on your back and has some sort of 'repairing' animation, or maybe it injecting something into your back.

I know that this idea sucks and that it would be really hard for the developers to implement such a thing.

Feel free to bash me for this lame idea if you don't like it, I'm satisfied with being able to atleast share it with other people.

pets in games sickens me.

realistically if any one needs a pet to either help them to kill mobs,bosses or whatever or to pick up items I'd ask why not just make it a game you log on and some automated characters you can buy or make in what ever way they do the work for you, leaving the player to just be in an area.

cmon DE's dont put pets in, is this a dora game? or a challenge?

if its a Dora game ill put my 7 year old daughter on it.

kk here are some ideas for pets,,, i wanna cuddly Unicorn, please make it pretty and pink and call it barbie.....

or make a game that is challenging that we dont have to need some animated lapdog that follows me around, if it comes to it ill find another game that people dont need to get helpers (pets) for them to fulfill there needs. to me pet games are for people who need help, srry i wont be interested in a game with pets.

pets in games sickens me.

Then leave.
realistically if any one needs a pet to either help them to kill mobs,bosses or whatever or to pick up items I'd ask why not just make it a game you log on and some automated characters you can buy or make in what ever way they do the work for you, leaving the player to just be in an area.
*Sigh* doing something you disagree with does not make a player bad. It makes them not you. I'm sure your egoism destests the idea that people aren't like you but you'll have to learn to deal.
cmon DE's dont put pets in, is this a dora game? or a challenge?
False Dilema. There are far more options than the two you present.
kk here are some ideas for pets,,, i wanna cuddly Unicorn, please make it pretty and pink and call it barbie.....

or make a game that is challenging that we dont have to need some animated lapdog that follows me around, if it comes to it ill find another game that people dont need to get helpers (pets) for them to fulfill there needs. to me pet games are for people who need help, srry i wont be interested in a game with pets.

False equivelency again, as your binary position is in no way as comprehensive as you are trying to make your position sound.

If you're going to attempt to derail the discussion with terrible logic, reduction of possibilities to absurd and unrealsitic extents, and try to martyr yourself in an misguided attempt for anyone to care about your terribly elucidated opinion by threatening to leave, then do us all a favor and go. Leave. If you can't be constructive or imaginative, you really have no business being part of a beta, closed or otherwise.

Name me one real-life ninja with fighting pet. :/

sais alot doesnt it,

though in some cases some races and primitive people use animals... but they were not pets that every one had available to them.

Then leave.

*Sigh* doing something you disagree with does not make a player bad. It makes them not you. I'm sure your egoism destests the idea that people aren't like you but you'll have to learn to deal.

False Dilema. There are far more options than the two you present.

False equivelency again, as your binary position is in no way as comprehensive as you are trying to make your position sound.

If you're going to attempt to derail the discussion with terrible logic, reduction of possibilities to absurd and unrealsitic extents, and try to martyr yourself in an misguided attempt for anyone to care about your terribly elucidated opinion by threatening to leave, then do us all a favor and go. Leave. If you can't be constructive or imaginative, you really have no business being part of a beta, closed or otherwise.

i laugh at people like you. trolling lol.

if it goes pvp it would be interesting

you think by googling your words makes you a good gamer? people have tried and failed. yeh ok i might not be as smart as you think you are. i dont need to look like an over achieving articulate speller of words, but im sure someone of your talent gets what im saying.

Edited by Deek