Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Now That We Have Outbreaks, Why Is Volt Still In Survival?

shut

Let's face it. People farming for Volt don't want to have his drop rate diluted by mods, and people farming for mods don't want to have their drop rates diluted by Volt.

Since we have the Outbreak system now, could we perhaps reintroduce J3-Golem to the game (possibly alternating between Phorid and Golem for the Assassinate missions) so Volt can once again be obtainable via boss drops? It'd be fairly easy to do, and I'm sure that many players would appreciate it.

The problem is J3 was updated into Lephantis. (Lephy still looks very much like a "J3" Golem. He's literally made out of three different creatures, then magically re-scaled to be the size of a building... seriously. Take a moment to ponder why the Corpus would even sew up a uniforms that large or where he could have found such a large Grineer to amputate . :P )

Old J3 was meant to be phased out. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring him back just to give Volt a place to be until a new J3 rework comes along..?

They should just make it so when it hits a corpus boss node it is J3, and grineer boss node turns to Phorid.

This is an excellent Idea.  They should do this.

But more importantly they should be working on more planet maps, and a second solar system that is unlocked at a certain mastery rank.  They should also consider having a boss fight perhaps at a completed Corpus solar rails project, that enables one to unlock and travel to the new second solar system.  Proxima Centauri makes the logical choice as this red dwarf is the closest star to our solar system.

I also believe that some planetary maps should require a mastery rank to access them, unless invited by a friend who has access already.  And some planetary maps should require a special very difficult boss to be defeated before they are opened.

Also Earth needs to have maps actually on the planet earth where we can see the devastation and ruin that is left of our favorite home planet.  And these maps better look quite epic.

Edited by WNxSpectre

The problem is J3 was updated into Lephantis. (Lephy still looks very much like a "J3" Golem. He's literally made out of three different creatures, then magically re-scaled to be the size of a building... seriously. Take a moment to ponder why the Corpus would even sew up a uniforms that large or where he could have found such a large Grineer to amputate . :P )

Old J3 was meant to be phased out. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring him back just to give Volt a place to be until a new J3 rework comes along..?

If this is the case, then I'm going to be mad. The devs originally said that they would simply replace J3 with what is now Lephantis, tileset and all, and Volt would be dropped by Alad V. Then they scrapped this idea, and decided that we'd need to grind, craft keys and sacrifice the matchmaking system in order to go fight it, before saying "Oh, we never intended the new Golem to replace the old one!" when the community made its displeasure known.

If they pull a "Oh, but we intended Lephantis to replace Golem all along!" right now then I'm going to have to put my foot through my screen. Bit late for that, now, isn't it?

Edited by SortaRandom