Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hail The New Acrid, The Stug!

SpFinX

Basic fire mode: semi-auto,  high ROF (looks like 5-8, i'm using mouse scroll for that)

Charged attack: it's Hydra! I mean that it can charge up to 6 bullets into one BIG shot. Awesomeness increases with each bullet added, level 1 Lancer takes 36+36+1400 damage.

Pros: HIGH damage, very ammo-effective, big clip, looks better than other Grineer sidearms, except Gremlins (arguable). Perfectly matches with Ignis XD

Cons: BIG charge time, charge mechanic is oveall hated by some people, orbs fall to the ground REALLY quickly, just like Penta, main damage is caused by explosion, which is delayed by 1-1,5sec, charged attck explosion is very small and damage is heavily reduced even to a next guy to the one, who was shot,

Warning: SELF DAMAGE! Although it's heavily reduced, i tested unmodded one, i guess that fully loaded version will oneshot me.

Don't fear it too much, very small explosion radius makes it almost impossible to hurt yourself unless you're trying to do it intentionally (like me XD).

Edited by SpFinX

and with it doing pure corrosive damage it will only ever kill grineer

Or you could, you know... slap a Viral combo onto it to completely decimate Grineer and Infested or slap on a Magnetic mod to completely decimate Corpus.

Just because it starts off with its own base element combo doesn't mean it's useless against everything. That's like saying that Braton and Soma (and the very vast majority of weapons in the game) can't be modded to deal significant damage to anything because they don't start off with a primary element.

Edited by SortaRandom

Or you could, you know... slap a Viral combo onto it to completely decimate Grineer and Infested or slap on a Magnetic mod to completely decimate Corpus.

Just because it starts off with its own base element combo doesn't mean it's useless against everything. That's like saying that Braton and Soma (and the very vast majority of weapons in the game) can't be modded to deal significant damage to anything because they don't start off with a primary element.

Unlike Acrid though, it can't take advantage of elemental mods at all. This may be intentional, since it has a very high base damage.

So yeah no on the Viral on there, apparantly elemental mods dont work on this, why not no clue but it seems that (at least for pistols) the elementals scale with the weapons physical damage of wich this weapon has none (or DE said no to elements on this because of its OP damage type) it did free up my options for modding it without having to mess about with forma (potato was required though) although i am wondering if this thing can proc because of the D slot on there (in wich frosty damage would add nothing to it)

sorry about all the parenthesis, its an odd quirk i have when typing

So yeah no on the Viral on there, apparantly elemental mods dont work on this, why not no clue but it seems that (at least for pistols) the elementals scale with the weapons physical damage of wich this weapon has none (or DE said no to elements on this because of its OP damage type) it did free up my options for modding it without having to mess about with forma (potato was required though) although i am wondering if this thing can proc because of the D slot on there (in wich frosty damage would add nothing to it)

If it can't be modded with elementals, then that's very likely a glitch. That shouldn't be happening on any weapon.

Does it just do Corrosive damage or does it do Blast too?

I"m trying to decide whether or not to build one to satisfy my love of weird guns.

Just corrosive.

And get it. You will NOT regret it. This thing is a beast, especially against groups. XD

sickness24, on 20 Dec 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

It's probably because it already has a combo-element on it, and you can't override it. Same with ignis - you can't get magnetic damage there.

Um the proper "Unlike Acrid" is that it can't stack DoTs indefinitely to obtain a massive DPS because it gets an additional 300% of its damage over 4 seconds on every single shot.

It's like ya'll don't even remember the reason the Acrid was so strong.... Or that it was a terrible gun.

Anyways, the elements issue is almost definitely a glitch, seeing as you can add single elements to a weapon like the Lanka and get two combo elements (with the one using Electric hitting for over half more than the one not). The only definite restriction is that you cannot add Electric-based or Toxic-based elements to the gun, because they will increase your Corrosive damage instead. You can however add cold and fire, so Blast will be firmly within your reach. I believe it's intended that you'll be able to branch even out of *that*, and be able to add other elements eventually assuming you caress it gently enough.

Even if this doesn't change, Corrosive is a good element. Full damage on most things, amped damage against Armor, which is when you legitimately *need* amped damage so you can brute force your way through the resistances. Y'know, since Armor Bypass is no longer a thing.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Corrosive has no cons against other faction as of 11.3 modifiers.

good thing u11.5 didn't change resistances again then... oh wait, it did, without mention. (but corrosive is still good, only bad vs corpus tech shields and no bonus vs bombards and napalms this time.)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by SlyBoots

TheBlueJelly, on 20 Dec 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Um the proper "Unlike Acrid" is that it can't stack DoTs indefinitely to obtain a massive DPS because it gets an additional 300% of its damage over 4 seconds on every single shot.

It's like ya'll don't even remember the reason the Acrid was so strong.... Or that it was a terrible gun.

Anyways, the elements issue is almost definitely a glitch, seeing as you can add single elements to a weapon like the Lanka and get two combo elements (with the one using Electric hitting for over half more than the one not). The only definite restriction is that you cannot add Electric-based or Toxic-based elements to the gun, because they will increase your Corrosive damage instead. You can however add cold and fire, so Blast will be firmly within your reach. I believe it's intended that you'll be able to branch even out of *that*, and be able to add other elements eventually assuming you caress it gently enough.

Even if this doesn't change, Corrosive is a good element. Full damage on most things, amped damage against Armor, which is when you legitimately *need* amped damage so you can brute force your way through the resistances. Y'know, since Armor Bypass is no longer a thing.

Not a glitch, since lanka/ignis only have one *non-combo* element. Corrosive damage is a combo element, so the game treats it like having two elements already.

Not a glitch, since lanka/ignis only have one *non-combo* element. Corrosive damage is a combo element, so the game treats it like having two elements already.

Well yeah, but (for the Stug) that should only eat any Toxic and Electric (the component elements) you try and put onto it. Fire and Cold should be untouched. You can get two double-elements onto the Lanka and onto physical guns. Just because it comes with a double doesn't mean it shouldn't be able to use the other double that is still possible with the elements available.

The Polarity slot is a bad joke on this weapon. I got at the moment two mods that fit into that slot.

Cold Damage

Status chance mod.

Both does nothing on this weapon. It is the ONLY weapon or Warframe in the game that gets a Polarity slot that is 100% USELESS. Completely utterly useless.

Other than that it seems to do fine.

The Polarity slot is a bad joke on this weapon. I got at the moment two mods that fit into that slot.

Cold Damage

Status chance mod.

Both does nothing on this weapon. It is the ONLY weapon or Warframe in the game that gets a Polarity slot that is 100% USELESS. Completely utterly useless.

Other than that it seems to do fine.

hopefully the new dual mod from the event will have the same polarity, (after all it adds status chance)

Well yeah, but (for the Stug) that should only eat any Toxic and Electric (the component elements) you try and put onto it. Fire and Cold should be untouched. You can get two double-elements onto the Lanka and onto physical guns. Just because it comes with a double doesn't mean it shouldn't be able to use the other double that is still possible with the elements available.

Yes, yes it does mean that you don't get to stuff another combo. It comes with two innate elements, so all you can is put more of those elements to increace the resulting damage. Reworking it to allow you to chanve the element would mean bringing back rainbow builds.

This info seems wrong as of today. I put an Electricity mod on it. It added that mod as a new element not stacking unless you put toxin and electricity as the first 2 mods. in which case it stack em with the primary one.

it does seem like a good weapons, but almost only for high level stuff. in low level missions (like earth for the event, or low-level survival/defense where I typically level up gear), stuff just dies too quickly, and my sentinel kills most things before I even get there (I suppose I could take off the attack mod, but then I actually do have to worry about killing stuff rather than collecting plants). but shooting off a charged shot, that'll take out a heavy grineer even when the stug is unmodded. the projectile drop is pretty annoying, and unlike the penta, which I don't have a problem with projectile drop, the stug goop doesn't bounce

its not high enough for me to add in seeker, but for those who've tried it, will that allow the goosplosions to penetrate terrain? because its a little annoying when you shoot a gob onto the front of cover, and the explosion goes off and the enemy behind it is unharmed

overall, I could see it becoming the next acrid, a powerful weapon for high-level missions that is kinda phallic in nature, but I much prefer my magnus, because its a proper gun and it kills stuff. simple

Yes, yes it does mean that you don't get to stuff another combo. It comes with two innate elements, so all you can is put more of those elements to increace the resulting damage. Reworking it to allow you to chanve the element would mean bringing back rainbow builds.

Except rainbow builds were never actually a thing because crit was massively better than it. Massively, MASSIVELY better than it- unless the weapon had really really bad crit stats. Because the only elements worth literally ANYTHING in damage 1.0 were Serrated Blade, Physics Impact, Armor Piercing, Poison, and Cold. And Cold only had a free pass becuase Shields took x2 from it, you couldn't crit shield-only hits, and the guaranteed slow.

And even on guns with terrible crit stats, it was almost always better for your dps to focus on increasing the rate at which you fling lead down-range rather than the actual damage output.

Their statement of "To get rid of Rainbow Builds" was a misdirection. The goal was to fix the fact that any gun that didn't innately deal SB, PI, AP, or Poison damage were basically worthless after level 70 or so because the scaling armor was out of control.

The only gun people did use Rainbow on was the Acrid, and that was because it really didn't matter due to its DPS being that high. 400% base damage per shot over 4 seconds.

Lemme give you the chain of posts where I explained this thoroughly:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137300-limit-the-elemental-types-to-one-type-per-weapon/?p=1642349

I'm confused now. My Stug has been unamazing thus far. (well, it was awesome yesterday evening, today meh)

Anyway, I don't see corrosive dmg being done at all. Not on impact or explosion. Charging the shoot does not appear to do significant dmg over regular shots or even have a blast area improvement. The range on the regular explosions is very limited. Add to that the delay for the explosion and the stug feels like a novelty weapon to me. Sure, it can be useful* and I do love it, but I can't say I will rely on it when I need firepower or utility.

* it is always cool to shoot two goo balls and walk away to have the Grineer blow up behind you. (lvl~15-17 I think)

I'm confused now. My Stug has been unamazing thus far. (well, it was awesome yesterday evening, today meh)

Anyway, I don't see corrosive dmg being done at all. Not on impact or explosion. Charging the shoot does not appear to do significant dmg over regular shots or even have a blast area improvement. The range on the regular explosions is very limited. Add to that the delay for the explosion and the stug feels like a novelty weapon to me. Sure, it can be useful* and I do love it, but I can't say I will rely on it when I need firepower or utility.

* it is always cool to shoot two goo balls and walk away to have the Grineer blow up behind you. (lvl~15-17 I think)

you dont see corrosive damage being done because when the icon pops up its the proc (reduced armor) not the actual damage, the numbers you see are the damage it deals, also the bigger the blob the bigger the damage on the explosion/goop hit and unmodded it did 22 uncharged 58 charged (might be off by a digit there dont quote me on that) on goop hit, thats pretty significant