Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Shake Has To Go

Eirshy

The Ogris (and other such explosions) causes a S#&$ton of screenshake, and if there's more than one in the party, it makes weapons like the Lanka (or any other marksman weapon, but especially the non-hitscan ones) basically completely unuseable.

It's annoying, and with pugs- I can't change my primary mid-mission, and asking them to use something different so I can actually use mine is kinda being selfish.

So Please. Nuke this damn misfeature from orbit.

Screenshake has never bothered me, whether it comes from myself or a party member. I suggest you just get used to it, because it's a HUGE part of videogame 'feel' and satisfaction. Games without screenshake lack that OOMPH that makes old school fighters and brawlers so entertaining and fun to play and spectate.

I never notice that before. However, I am the Ogris user who rarely comes across someone with an Ogris. Anyway, the only screen sake I've experienced is from the windows breaking in the space ship. As part of the "vacuum" effect.

They should make it so that it only happens if the player is within the original 6m blast radius, so that way it should not affect those with sniper rifles.

Screenshake has never bothered me, whether it comes from myself or a party member. I suggest you just get used to it, because it's a HUGE part of videogame 'feel' and satisfaction. Games without screenshake lack that OOMPH that makes old school fighters and brawlers so entertaining and fun to play and spectate.

Ever tried using a sniper rifle while your screen goes JABBAWABBAWHOOOOOOOOOOO? Not only your screen shakes, but your crosshair too. So your shots go all into the blue.

A solution would be to unbind the crosshairs from screenshaking.

Seriously, you people using the damn things go "Muh Immersion"- I can't even PLAY the game because of your immersion. Immesive things shouldn't punish others.

Anyways, I'd be down for simply being able to turn it off. Unbinding crosshairs from the shake wouldn't exactly work (as you'd be unable to line up a shot during the shake still, you'd only be able to take a shot you already lined up once the shake starts), and reducing the shake radius to just the damage radius would still allow people to troll you with it (though it would be less of a constant pain in the &#!).

If your screen is shaking 'cause of the Ogris, then that means there's tangos on top of you, which means you're attempting to snipe close range, and all I got to say to that is, "SOMETHING'S WRONG!"

Edited by Earz

If your screen is shaking 'cause of the Ogris, then that means there's tangos on top of you, which means you're attempting to snipe close range, and all I got to say to that is, "SOMETHING'S WRONG!"

No it doesn't. The screen shake radius is massive, much more massive than the actual damage radius. The run that had me making this thread? I was the one sitting on top of the mob def platform, the explosions were practically at the spawn, and yet my aim was being told to go F*** itself every shot.

Seriously, try using your Lanka when there's an Ogris or two. You'll see exactly how wrong you are.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Normally, I don't use snipers or the Ogris (and mostly play solo, for that matter), so I can't attest to this myself. I do like my Latron Prime though, and I don't think that all screen shake needs to go entirely. Yeah it makes me miss a few headshots during an invasion mission when things are exploding and the ship is shaking, but I do like the immersion factor of "things are exploding, the ship is shaking all over the place, this is intense". Having the Ogris screen shake just affect the splash area, maybe a meter or two beyond it, would be a decent solution. If you're sniping, you wouldn't want to be that close to the action anyway.

Normally, I don't use snipers or the Ogris (and mostly play solo, for that matter), so I can't attest to this myself. I do like my Latron Prime though, and I don't think that all screen shake needs to go entirely. Yeah it makes me miss a few headshots during an invasion mission when things are exploding and the ship is shaking, but I do like the immersion factor of "things are exploding, the ship is shaking all over the place, this is intense". Having the Ogris screen shake just affect the splash area, maybe a meter or two beyond it, would be a decent solution. If you're sniping, you wouldn't want to be that close to the action anyway.

The LP has a decent rate of fire (4.2 rps), is hitscan, and is using a common, large ammo pool (Rifle), in addition to often needing multiple shots to drop an enemy. In fact, it's designed around the idea that it'll take a couple of good hits to drop an enemy- reason it actually has a rof, good-sized mag, and large ammo pool.

Comparatively, the Lanka is charged with a base rps of 2 per 3 (around 1.07 rps when Speed Trigger is maxed on it), uses the extremely small, semi-rare (thank GOD they buffed the drop rates, used to be I could go through entire T3 runs without seeing a single ammo drop) Sniper ammo pool, and requires you to properly lead your target. The reward of course is that the vast majority of the time, whatever I just shot dies.

When I miss a shot, I lose 1.2% (over six times the amount your LP fires per shot; in addition, you regain yours at double the rate irregardless of ammo drop RNG) of my ammo, around 1 whole second of time (I can usually get my aim down in the time it takes to charge a shot), and whatever I was aiming at gets to live and shoot at me.

Gratz you fired off some big aoe shot, lightly damaged a group. If you hadn't, I'd have oneshotted whatever threat I was aiming at (Heavy Gunner, Bombard, Napalm, Tech, etc) (and whatever was behind him due to puncture) before you got to burn half your ammo trying to even scratch what I was aiming at (old armor system was fun lol; the new one still has issues with Heavy Gunners being tanky mofos, and Elite Grineer will laugh at the pitiful damage the Ogris deals to them... But at least Ancients don't become immune to damage any more).

As for shakes triggered by specific enemies, those are fine, it's an enemy time I can prioritize, and it's the enemy screwing with my ability to fight him- IT'S LIKE THEY PLANNED THAT OR SOMETHING!- not an ally.

As for environmental shakes, I think only glass breaking causes those, and those are full blown staggers anyway.

I'd settle for simply a way to turn them off. But there NEEDS to be a way to turn them off. Part of why I dislike non-solo is because of this.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

So what you are saying is the more recoil = the more shake, and viceversa?

If thats the case, then maybe reduce recoil?

Or perhaps if there could be a way to leave the recoil as a feature just for the user, like when he kills himself every now and then?

Screen shake and related Ogris , Penta matters is something that will be changed by DE.

They have to. Let me explain.

1- Headaches

2- Sore eyes

3- Players unable to aim.

4- Exageration in blindcrelated effects.

5- Annoying sounds.

6- People start to refuse to play with team mates who use such weapons.

7- Extended visual impairment caused due to exagerated special effects cause pain to your eyesight.

But most of all its the visually impairment that such weapons create to others then the user.

In other words, the user wont suffer as much as the rest of the team.The effects are lessened to players in use of said launchers.

I find myself exiting games as soon as possible when such players use Penta or Ogris.

I have both Penta and Ogris but in respect for others i refuse to use them.I know the difference between using them and suffering from them when others are using these.

Edited by T101_Infiltrator_

kinda hilarious that this is coming up again

early in closed beta the scindo used to shake the screen an INSANE amount and any allies nearby felt the shake as well, you basically couldnt see anything if anyone was using a scindo in the same room as you

eventually this got addressed

but clearly DE did not get the memo

SCREEN shake is "ok" IN MODERATION, but DO NOT CHANGE THE VIEWING ANGLE/PERSPECTIVE/CROSSHAIR-AIM-POINT, plenty of other games "shake" the screen in a unified/holistic approach, it gives the exact same OOMPH feeling without giving you motion sickness, NO CLUE why/how the DEv team cannot figure this out =[

The camera shake on the explosion was rather large, I've lowered it greatly...you'll be seeing the fix in a future update.

What about insane screen shaking when some gets punched near you? I mean, that doesn't even make sense - lancer punches crewman and MY screen shakes furiously with every blow.

I know we are still in Beta .

But we need this features addressed in the correct way.

Try defense or survival as a non launcher user.

My eyes start burning. Sometimes so tired due to the exagerated effects attached to those weapons.

I tried several combination from disabling Direct X11 ,as well as several other graphic options . The problem still persists.

I play on max settings most times and even lowering settings the best i can do is lower the Ogris effects a bit. The Penta is insanelly painfull to others then the user.

Please remove them if you cant fix them.

We beg you DE. This should really be priority due to our eyesight,please.

The camera shake on the explosion was rather large, I've lowered it greatly...you'll be seeing the fix in a future update.

BASED DE

Thank you =D

Though there are a few more things that have outrageous screen shake radii.... you might want to check everything else which has 'em to make sure their radii are in line ^_^

imho screenshake should only apply to the individual causing it, not to teammates as its damned disruptive to other teammates and whatever wpn their using.

its almost a form of griefing/annoyance up there with trolls using ripline to piss their teammates off.  (which also needs a bloody fix or client "allow?" toggle)

Edited by Methanoid