Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Rifles - Any Good One In Warframe?

Turiko

So, ages ago (not long after i started playing) i got the Vulkar, at the time the only sniper rifle i could get. It was useless for me, both due to low damage and bullet travel time. I never leveled it up to 30 due to being such a pain to use.

Today i got the lanka, which seems better, and it is. But as a sniper rifle it is useless as the zoom end up covering your screen with the blue light from your gun 1/4 times... I can imagine this being an awkward but high-damage single shot weapon at midrange, but since it makes you blind it is effectively not a reliable sniper rifle.

Are there any actually good snipers in this game? I want a rifle that is slow but does a ton of damage on a single target, no/very little bullet travel time so you can effectively headshot at long range.

Edited by Turiko

Um....

The Vulkar is hitscan, not projectile.

Anyways, the glow you can kinda get used to after a while, and the base electric type on the Lanka is amazing for the purposes of getting ridiculous levels of Corrosive damage (for oneshotting those pesky Heavy Gunners). Only downside is it's difficult to get a full type spread because of that- but that's mostly OK since you have such a huge single shot damage, it usually doesn't matter.

As for another sniper option, the Vectis is probably pretty good. Can also use Charged Chamber on it (or Primed if you shell out the plat on trade for it).

Um....

The Vulkar is hitscan, not projectile.

Anyways, the glow you can kinda get used to after a while -snip-

Yeah, it's hitscan... but fires with a serious delay after actually clicking to fire, so it's effectively projectile but invisible. At least, that was the way it was back when i tried it...

As for the glow, i can assure you that i can not get used to my entire screen being covered at random. I literally fire blind when it happens.

Thanks for the tips though; i'll try and get the vectis and run with that.