The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Why. ( Graphics Card Suddenly Not Supported? )

NukaKV

If your running off a PC then I suggest updating your drivers, if your running this off a gametop (gaming laptop) there isn't much that you can do. You can wait to see if it gets supported but you might be sol. I'm using a Radeon HD 6520 but its still kicking for now. It's bogged down quite a bit with the new update.

I'm running a desktop with a ATI Radeon X1200 Series graphics card. Not a laptop.

I used to be able to play the game at about 20fps with decent settings.

What I don't get is why the other S#&$tyass computer with horrible low setting can still run the game but at 10fps or less, but I can't run it on this computer.

Edited by NukaKV

You know what I would have done? Upgrade the graphics card before buying Master. Just my opinion. The minimum specs does say Radeon X1600(1800?). Recommending a new graphics card. They could have added something visually in the last update that no longer supports your graphics card. Idk

I don't need advice on my financial decisions. The game worked perfectly fine before with what I had, so I'm just wondering why I'm barred out now. Honestly, there's MUCH worse computer here that somehow still can run the game.

Also in earlier updates the game ran around 30-40fps. It's only been the past few updates that it's been around 20fps, but it still worked. I got Master when the game still performed like this.

Edited by NukaKV

I need suggestions on what graphics card to get then.

I'm thinking an NVIDIA since they got those nice PhysX effects, just not sure which to get.

Though honestly, I already spent too much with the holiday season and everything. This really isn't a good time for this to stop working...

get something reletively new, but not too new cause nvidia is rather expensive with latest cards, i think 500 or 600 series will last you for a few good years with new games requierments.

Pretty hard to get a 500 series new now without over paying. Recommending a GTX 660. (650 for less performance, but also less price.)

Edited by Mathracer1

People who want old hardware like this to keep working "fine" for current game is crazy. What do you want us to say? You are using a video card that is "seven" years old! Released in Oct 2005.  

Using a seven year old video card? Really? You made my head hurt from reading this thread. 

Here is a link for you to newegg.com that contains a list of cheap but effective video cards. They are the R7260X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600473874&IsNodeId=1&name=Radeon%20R7%20260X

Edited by Mythblaze

Today it's deciding to work. Not sure what to think.

Also, I didn't build or buy this computer, and I didn't quite know what it was until about a year ago. My dad just gave it to me promising that it would make a good gaming computer. This was...2011 I think. I didn't realize that he gave me a crappy outdated rig with hand-me-down pieces... what can I say.

I've been planning to build my own computer, just haven't gotten to that point yet. Guess now I will.

But since it's working for some reason right now, I'm still gonna keep track of its performance- because really, it's not that bad.

For those of you for thinking me crazy, stupid or whatever else, here's a quick clip of me streaming. It cuts my frame rate about half, but I can still perform rather well. Realize, I used to play a ton with clanmates while on teamspeak or skype calls. It's not like my computer just sucks.

http://www.livestream.com/jaxbug/video?clipId=pla_4699a9e8-08c0-4aca-b0ac-6ef5d7502928

Or you know, any of the streams where I spend hours doing art.

Edited by NukaKV

• 2 weeks later...

guys I am using Nvidia gt750m and it also says its not supported

Try to update your graphic driver, and then assign Warframe to run with dedicated graphic, rather than auto-detecting it. There's no way 750M is not supported, unless somehow your driver is very outdated/buggy, or the driver didn't installed correctly/didn't even install the driver.