The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Some New Headphones.

BetaZerker

Headphones or headset?

If it's headphones for like, an MP3 player and stuff, I highly suggest the Koss and Sennheiser brands.

If it's a headset (with a mic) that you want... meh just buy a cheapo logitech one and save your money for a nice dinner or something.

Headsets in general will be inferior to headphones with regards to sound and music quality, with the exception of some models from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic (which already have an established reputation for audiophiles). You can look into the PC 360, PC 363D or MMX 300 but all of those are US $150 or more, the Beyer MMX in particular going for $300+

For a $100 budget I'd suggest going for a headphone + clip-on mic solution instead to get the most bang for your buck. I would recommend the following:

Creative Aurvana Live! - $60-100 on Amazon, warm and spacious sound, great positional cues, however bass can be a bit loose

Audio-Technica ATH AD-700 - $100ish on Amazon, ultra comfy, wider than wide soundstage, but may be too bass-deficient for some

Headsets in general will be inferior to headphones with regards to sound and music quality, with the exception of some models from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic (which already have an established reputation for audiophiles). You can look into the PC 360, PC 363D or MMX 300 but all of those are US $150 or more, the Beyer MMX in particular going for $300+

For a $100 budget I'd suggest going for a headphone + clip-on mic solution instead to get the most bang for your buck. I would recommend the following:

Creative Aurvana Live! - $60-100 on Amazon, warm and spacious sound, great positional cues, however bass can be a bit loose

Audio-Technica ATH AD-700 - $100ish on Amazon, ultra comfy, wider than wide soundstage, but may be too bass-deficient for some

Well the audio technica's you mentioned are SUPER expensive here in the UK (like £120), the Aurvana lives sound pretty good, but from looking at some reviews I've noticed a few people mentioning that the wiring is not very strong causing problems like loosing sound on one side (which is what happened to my old headphones).