Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About "pellet Count" Stat

Damoroth

I am new to Warframe and I read in the Warframe wiki about how pelets work in the game and how multishot affects their number. So let's see if I got this right.

Let's take Sobek. For simplicity we'll assume no damage mods are added. It says the damage is 120 and shoots 4 pelets.

1. Does this mean each pelet does 30 damage (base damage/pelet)? So in order to deal 120 damage to a target you have to hit it with all pelets?

2. If you increase the number of pelets with Multishot, I assume each additional pelet does the same base damage/pelet?

3. Do all pelets have the same Status Chance as the stat of the weapon? Same with elemental damage and other bonuses (obviously split by the number of pelets)?

4. If all the above are true, then a good shotgun should fire as many pelets per shot as possible and if it is intented for mid range combat it should have a tight spread (Narrow pellet cone). Right?

Now that we got this out of the way, and ignoring the obvious differences between them (damage type focus and mag size), which one should I try first? Sobek or Hek? (I will probably get them both at some point.)

Thanks.

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. really... need reduced damage fall-off, beyond that, its like you say

5. sobek have more sustained fire (20 bullets, 32 using magazine mod) but less damage... Hek have more damage, but low clip (4 bullets)... you like reload every time or don't care about need to reload?... your choice

Sobek is the premier Sniping Shotgun.

it's also good for wiping out rooms (whether you have a Sniping Loadout or a Spamming Loadout) due to Magazine size.

Hek has more power per shot, but is more towards close range(because it's higher number of pellets actually makes it less accurate, it shoots a large circle, instead of Sobeks' almost pinpoint blast)

both Hek and Sobek have the same falloff and accuracy statistics, but because of how Sobek fires it's pellets, it's superior for long range.

and all 4 bullets there are correct. that's exactly how Shotguns work.

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. really... need reduced damage fall-off, beyond that, its like you say

5. sobek have more sustained fire (20 bullets, 32 using magazine mod) but less damage... Hek have more damage, but low clip (4 bullets)... you like reload every time or don't care about need to reload?... your choice

This. ^

It really depends on how you plan to use it. If you want a shotgun that can deal with heavy units and small groups of tough enemies, then what the 'Hek' are you waiting for? On the other hand, Sobek is a street sweeper with not quite as much damage, but more sustained fire power. They're both pretty even when you really boil it down.