Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any New Semi Automatic Rifles In The Horizon?

Trost

Decided to stop trolling in region chat because this has been itching me for quite some time. Not even sure if feedback is the appropiate section for this but anyway.

Right now there is plenty of weapons to chose, from continuous beam ones to the usual machineguns or sniper rifles, and the fancy weird ones from laboratories etc.

However the small gap between full automatic rifles (soma, braton, karak, etc) and sniper rifles is only filled by one weapon, the Latron.

So yea, would be really appreciative if that small gap could be filled a little with some new semi automatic rifles, that actually look like sci fi rifles, and sound like sci fi rifles. Wooden parts like the Tigris would be a great plus.

On that regard there is one model that would fill in nicely to this weird retro designs devs seem to like to surprise us with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FG42.jpg

Semi automatic rifles probably aint the most popular choice but im sure im not the only one who like this type of rifles.

+1, the Latron series is one of my favorites, but right now all we have is the standard and prime version. Plus with damage 2.0, they only specialize against the Grineer due to them being heavily puncture based. We could really use some semi-auto rifles from the other factions (maybe even some kind of barb-shooting infested rifle, how sick would that be?)

+1, the Latron series is one of my favorites, but right now all we have is the standard and prime version. Plus with damage 2.0, they only specialize against the Grineer due to them being heavily puncture based. We could really use some semi-auto rifles from the other factions (maybe even some kind of barb-shooting infested rifle, how sick would that be?)

Technicaly the Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal are also semi-automatic rifles since they have a magazine and do not need each new shot to be rechambered manualy.

I actualy often use my Snipetron Vandal similar to the Lato since sniping isn't really a good tactic in this game.

But yeah i'd like to see more not-sniper focused semi-automatic rifles. Always like them in shooters even if they are often niche.

The issue here is that fully automatic weapons and AOE-based abilities rule the roost.  There's *barely* any room for sniper rifles and that only exists because they can be built to reliably kill anything except a boss in 1 shot. The game simply is not welcoming to weapons that can't provide extreme DPS, AOE, or one shot kills. I also like the idea of the Latron, but there's no need for more "designated marksman" type weapons until something changes with the way the game plays.