Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Infested 2.0

shatteredwings

So I'm just going to make this simple. A friend and I had an idea for the infested while we were playing some survival on Nuovo. Simple idea and yet seems to fit well into the new infested changes. 

Idea: Make infested randomly invade survival/defense games. 

Basically the infested would have a chance to suddenly attack in large waves in your game. Kinda like the Stalker but on a more crowd based scale. Simple, yes, but a rather fun idea when you think about you. Is it not?

Edited by shatteredwings

I can see what you're going for. It wouldnt even have to be limited to survival/defense. Have events that have a chance  to occur while running normal missions. Say you're doing capture on a Grineer ship. Suddenly an infested pod or something crashes into the room you're in, releasing infested all over the ship and it becomes either:

1.) screw-the-objective-get-to-evacuation type deal

or

2.) kill-everything type deal.

There could also be creatures that can instantly infect a grineer marine to become a charger to help the infection spread through the ship. I've always thought DE should add a unit like that to the infested faction.

Edited by ShadowCore67

We used to have this, but it's been a while since I last encountered it, so I'm pretty sure it got removed. It probably got removed due to the "new invasion" system that we have now.

Anyway, there used to be a chance when, for instance, you started a Grineer mission and as you were going through it, you'd suddenly encounter Corpus or Infested that invaded the Grineers. It was different from the current invasion missions, as you weren't siding with anyone but rather killing them all while they were fighting eachother as well.

since they set up damage2.0 so that you need to build tightly for each faction, as the infested stand now that would be a terrible idea.

And some people simply don't like playing the infested. Interrupt something they do actually enjoy and forcing that on them is terrible.

And for those that do enjoy infested, they are still cut out from that part of the game they enjoy because they aren't around any more in public missoins except in lame resource farming speed run missions.

A good solution would be to implement it in a way that doesn't force something on people that they don't want, or take away something people enjoy. Simple as that.

Awesome idea. I would really enjoy that. It makes the missions alot more dynamic. 

I would also like to see something like attacks/invasions on the clan dojo (triggered by the clan ofcourse), maybe with somekind of grineer general or infected mastermind as a boss. 

Edited by THEROBONATOR