The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Proportions

xGryphus

It may seem that it's matter of taste however in case of Oberon it's far beyond that. Although he looks perfectly fine in promo art:
Update11_5Promo-Website.jpg?c=9ea3ccdbc6

As far as I admire the great job of art team and multiple details on this model, at closer look it turns out his proportions are terribly disturbed.

atu3bo.jpg

He got an overly bulky torso (that it's strangely widest right in the middle) and slim like twigs hands that just doesn't fit. Now I get that it suppose to represent some stag-like features however in current sate (and believe me on this one as a soon-to-be vet doctor) Oberon looks like a calf standing on two legs.

Now some visual comparison:
14trfbl.jpg
As you can see Vouban have the most similar body shape yet his torso is still slimmer and he looks much better simply because his hands match the rest.

Oberon needs far more lean torso with it's widest point moved to chest and narrower waist. His body should be even more thin if his hands are going to retain current look.

tl;dr Oberon needs some slimming.

Edited by xGryphus

Don't get me wrong, I really like his model, but it doesn't exactly give off a paladin feel...

True to that - he feels much more duidish. Although I don't perceive this as a flaw. I also love the reference to midsummer's Night Dream in his same (hope for even more when alt helmet comes). It's only that his torso seems a bit too chubby for either: paladin, druid and, most of all, space-ninja... Especially compared to his twig-like hands.

Edited by xGryphus

His torso is like that because it's designed like a tabard (sleeveless coat/tunic) worn over fullplate armor. It's the paladin aspect to his character.

stock-photo-full-plate-protective-armor-

276ee47143c7f42428758d2c88f77e60.jpg

His limbs are slender because, again, stag. I don't doubt your knowledge of animals, OP, but I've had deer and stags roaming into my garden at home every now and then (I live in the country) and Oberon certainly evokes them to me.

He's not the first frame to emulate clothing. Vauban's design evokes a big heavy coat, as does Frost and Volt's trenchcoat, etc.

Edited by Varzy

I think Oberon is fine. One thing I really like about this game is that it doesn't follow a trend in design or visual style, I think it's pretty unique and it has its own very stronge taste. Even though there are a lot of things in it which I honestly can't stand the looks of it like how ugly big is the Acrid, or Mag's poor, scuba diving suit look, or the Paris-prime to well designed, fancy look, still everything I've seen so far from DE fits to the game.

Oberon is another weird creation and it's all good. Sure not paladin, more like a Faun oriented design, a crazy goat man who does kung-fu.

• 2 weeks later...