Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay, If You're Going To Have Some Kind Of Parkour Traversal Mechanic..

DirkDeadeye

Asking for linearity? The game breadcrumbs you through each level.

Dark Souls even has the common courtesy to explain how to play the game. THEN dump you into an uncertain, punishing world that rewards you for figuring things out.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the beta card on you regarding comparing it to a fully realised, completed and marketed game.

The current demo is from a build ages and ages ago; you can expect a more in depth tutorial closer to release when everything is finalized.

I don't think that 'all' mechanic should be explained, just the basic movement/fighting/wallrunning is suffice. Some of the mechanics should be left for the players to explore.

However, bad tutorial is a bad tutorial. Bad UI is a bad UI.

I don't think any mechanics should be left un explained.

Players should be left to explore various ways to use the mechanics in interesting ways.

A tutorial is needed. An in-depth one that explains the complex movement mechanics. I've been playing daily again since Update 6 and I am still learning the mobility mechanics. I just learned you can do a forward somersault while doing a vertical wall run. SICK!

But for now...? Youtube is your friend. Plenty how-to videos. Also look at this glorious piece of community contributed love for the game's combos and such https://forums.warfr...ves-discovered/

A good tut is definitely needed. But the game is great with some of the best movement mechanics of it's type...looking at you Crysis 2 and 3 and you BRINK.

Edited by RawGritz

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the beta card on you regarding comparing it to a fully realised, completed and marketed game.

The current demo is from a build ages and ages ago; you can expect a more in depth tutorial closer to release when everything is finalized.

There's a difference between Beta, and unfinished. Beta is feature complete, just needs to be play tested. This however is not. But this new phenomon of "founder funded -beta-" testing is very new.. So obviously we're going to call it a beta.

I play games at their face value, because this is what I know I'm going to get. I don't lull myself into a false sense of security thinking the devs are going to add more content during 'beta' phases. If they do, so be it. But I've been around long enough to know that always doesn't happen.

And I certainly don't excuse any fundimental omssions of key features. That's just me.

Edited by DirkDeadeye