The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Overheat Gone...

AfroGamerNinja

That would be fine if there was only one enemy around and not a bunch of scorpions, napalms, heavy units, and all that other annoying stuff that makes you completely immobile for a while and that drain your health fast.

And with the recent change to AoE weapons with them applying other elemental effects and damage to their AoE you could bring an Ogris and 1-2 shot the entire group with Blast/Corrosive/Radiation rockets. Before they can knock you over by just being aware of their approach routes and shooting the tallest guy in the group in the head to produce a collective headshot.

I just grab an Ogris when doing grineer content with my clan buddies, the ogris will smash entire hordes of grineer at a fairly high rate. If the enemy gets to where I might one shot myself, well we have secondaries and abilities for those situations for a reason.

You realize that not all changes are good changes, right?

Ember got gradually worse, and now we have Accelerant, which scarred her even further. A fire-only damage multiplier isn't going to save you from tens of corpus/grineer shooting you from afar, unlike Overheat.

Is it laziness or incompitence that compels you to stand out in the open?

That would be fine if there was only one enemy around and not a bunch of scorpions, napalms, heavy units, and all that other annoying stuff that makes you completely immobile for a while and that drain your health fast.

Be more aware. It really isn't hard to take cover and look around occasionally to make sure a scorpion doesn't have LoS on you. Napalms and other heavy units can be countered with cover. And melee units SHOULD be getting killed *cough*before they reach you*cough* by fireblast or your ult.

Personally I loved Overheat. Though, IMO, if Accelerant is staying it should affect the area over time instead of being applied once to one group

I think it should work like Rhino's Roar.

It isn't impossible to play Rhino without Iron Skin (or Loki without invisibility), just as it isn't impossible to play Ember without Overheat.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Only complaint I have is that Accerlerant is too expensive, for they way it works. I'd rather they make into a skill you spam all the time wether or not the skills effectiveness need to changes is debatable.

Like the new skill, use more as a stun rather than a buff though. The energy cost is very expensive depending on how you use it.

As for ember herself she needs a shield buff so she can wade into the thick of it for a second do her stuff and get out without getting killed. You can do it now, but it gets tough.

On the subject of chargers owning frames in a few hits, this happens with about every other frame in the game, if they are getting close use a skill that will stun them for a second, not a difficult concept.

After playing Ember a couple times doing solo ODS runs, I've grown to like Accelerant, but it also got me thinking.

Yeah, I know, brace yourself.

Accelerant, as it is now, should replace Fireball as Ember's first ability, with cost reduced to 25. The new second ability should be a rework of Fireball, using Sargus Ruk's graphics for it, for a fairly large ranged AoE power. With that change, and maybe a bit more run speed, Ember would be just fine.