Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - A Personification Of Who You Are

Silenterr

Lore dictates that the Tenno are the perfect blend of machine and flesh and only Tenno themselves can use the warframes currently. When looking at all the warframe and how different they are it makes you wonder if the warframe merely personify the Tenno's personality into a form useable in battle?

The horns of the loki suggest a devlish trickster must use that armour and the bulk of the rhino suggest that it is for the individuals that feel alive when close to death. So do personality dictates which Tenno uses what warframe?

Wouldn't Rhino work better with a man who isn't afraid to be in the thick of combat and relish in the possiblity of death? Wouldn't Loki warframes be drawed towards the tacticians who want manipulate the battlefield and watching in delight as your plan comes together? Woudn't Nyx warframes want be controlled by women who wants everyone to understand who is the true master?

What I'm getting at is do the Tenno pick the warframe or do the warframe pick the Tenno? Who truly is the user?

At the same time if warframes are merely personfication of a Tenno's personality what do you think is required to become a Frost? Mag? Ember? Excalibur? and the many others?

Edited by Silenterr

Excalibur, I guess it would be the personification of the Samurai spirit, or a follower of the Bushido code, not really a sneaky ninja, but a warrior who honors himself, his lord and his comrades.

I also agree with you, the fact you pointed out about warframes picking the Tenno. However, that is ancient history and will most likely be revealed with the help of the intel the Tenno get from the Grineer.

Oh just listen to yourself, you sound like a heavy grineer :/

Stereotypes are based in the TRUTH. It's a biological tool INGRAINED into our mindset, and it ain't goin' anywhere. That includes "sexist" and "racist" stereotypes.

I like these kind of discussions. Caprica I think, likes Battlestar

Sounded more like sexism to me. "Let the rhino and excalibur fight head-on in the frontlines while trinity cooks us a dinner and nyx manipulates the grineer men" ¬_¬

We're not in the orokin era anymore, you need to open your mind Tenno...

Sorry but there is a physical barrier between men and women that women will never be able to cross. Men and women are built for different functions people need to accept that truth.

Sorry but there is a physical barrier between men and women that women will never be able to cross. Men and women are built for different functions people need to accept that truth.

There we go, the truth has been revealed.

I like these kind of discussions. Caprica I think, likes Battlestar

What do you mean... like... Galactica? I don't watch so... I don't get the reference, if there is one.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Sounded more like sexism to me. "Let the rhino and excalibur fight head-on in the frontlines while trinity cooks us a dinner and nyx manipulates the grineer men" ¬_¬

We're not in the orokin era anymore, you need to open your mind Tenno...

Well my assumption still stands unless we get gender swaps but by the looks of it won't happen for awhile.

Well, I believe saying stuff like "Men > Women" makes you sound a bit juvenile if anything, maybe not a dinosaur, I apologise. I don't mean You you though, just throwing it in the middle.

I never said men were better than women. I said that there is a PHYSICAL as in fitness/strength/speed barrier that women can't even get close to let alone cross. Just look at olympic athletes running/jumping/throwing things. The worst man could take home the gold medal in the womens section of the same event.

I never said men were better than women. I said that there is a PHYSICAL as in fitness/strength/speed barrier that women can't even get close to let alone cross. Just look at olympic athletes running/jumping/throwing things. The worst man could take home the gold medal in the womens section of the same event.

Aaand we're talking about a scifi game with exosuits and weapons and funky technocyte magic at the same time, not olympics. So tell me more about this "fact", men - the superior race.

Here's another irrelevant fact, women soldiers are allowed to fight in the frontlines in most modern countries.

Edited by CapricaSix

Sorry but that border is easily crossed.

However, back to the topic. I think each Warframe represent an order from Orokin era. Perhaps a clan structure enforced upon its people.

Men are men and women are women. You can find a woman who is weaker than a man and a man who is weaker than a woman. People are people, who the hell cares.

What kind of discussion is this and how did it happen?

Edited by FatalX7

The hell people I'm talking about what kind of personalilty you need to play a certain warframe...

I'd like to think that we're all unique snowflakey Tenno and that the warframes don't have personalities on their own :P

So I for one play an aggressive Trinity, offensive and always pressing on, rarely healing anyone but instead letting people go wild with her "Energy Vampire". Then there's my support Rhino, always in the back, cautiously sniping people and trying to stay alive while gasping for air as his teammates rush on. ....yep, I'm not a great player lol.

Was that the sort of thing you were looking for, or more like roleplay-ish attributes of the warframes on their own?

On topic: Joined this game because I love swordplay. No surprise my favorites are Ash followed by Excal. I love jumping into the fray and slicing everything in sight.

As for the other frames I prefer min/max style of play. Taking advantage of what they were obviously meant to do.

Rhino will be the lumbering power house...

Loki the trickster, popping in and out of sight, keeping the enemy on their toes...

etc.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed OT

I'd like to think that we're all unique snowflakey Tenno and that the warframes don't have personalities on their own :P

So I for one play an aggressive Trinity, offensive and always pressing on, rarely healing anyone but instead letting people go wild with her "Energy Vampire". Then there's my support Rhino, always in the back, cautiously sniping people and trying to stay alive while gasping for air as his teammates rush on. ....yep, I'm not a great player lol.

Was that the sort of thing you were looking for, or more like roleplay-ish attributes of the warframes on their own?

True its some of the roles don't have to fit into the stereotype like for instance the rhino doesn't have to be a ramapaging monster that just likes to be in the front of things but instead more of a vanguard protecting those the Tenno holds dear.

I am heavy tenno guy. And this... is my warframe.

It costs four hundred thousand credits to fire this Gorgon...for twelve seconds.

Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe, maybe. I've yet to meet one that can outsmart Fragor.

Edited by krisp