Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Commanders And Switch Teleport

Magos

I can understand giving a mob Switch Teleport. It mixes up the tactical situation and forces you out of cover. What I don't understand is letting 5 Commanders chain Switch me through multiple doors without any opportunity to respond or defend against it. There's no counter available, and it drops you so far behind enemy lines you're virtually guaranteed to be killed every time.

So I propose that being Switched should give you a buff, lasting a few seconds, which makes you ineligible for another Switch. This would let you at least apply Abilities or make some other response. As it is these guys very rapidly build to the frustration point.

Edited by Magos

I had the exact same problem when there was 6 commanders in a small room. Needless to say. There was a good teleporting ring going on. I was lucky enough to get off my cloak to kill them. I found it extremely funny though at first. Then infuriating as it kept going.

So I propose that being Switched should give you a buff, lasting a few seconds, which makes you ineligible for another Switch. This would let you at least apply Abilities or make some other response. As it is these guys very rapidly build to the frustration point.

Sounds good to me, you could become "ethereal" or something for a while without getting instakilled by the 30 grineers surrounding you.

What's more annoying is, they just keep switch-teleporting effortlessly and you can't stagger them no matter what, powerful headshots, melee in the face, jump attacks, nothing makes them even twitch a bit. So I propose we take care of that as well in addition to this "teleport protection" :P

Yeah i always felt that if you hid from them or if they couldnt easily get to you they should teleport you instead.

Don't they need line of site like Ash and Loki. I actually don't mind. I make them regret teleporting me. But only when I am using Ash. They teleport me and I throw down smoke screen. All of a sudden enemy Grineer just start exploding into severed body parts.

Don't they need line of site like Ash and Loki. I actually don't mind. I make them regret teleporting me. But only when I am using Ash. They teleport me and I throw down smoke screen. All of a sudden enemy Grineer just start exploding into severed body parts.

Not always, I remember being teleported through a locked room, then just moved on and finished the mission without a trouble, thanks to that kind commander.

I think there should just be a cool down before you get teleport again. Get teleport once, and some might have quick enough reflex to high tail it out of there. But like 4-5 times and it is so disoriented that no one will know where they are.

Though sometimes it is helpful. I got chain switch teleport to right infront of the extraction room at one point. Was really nice of them to show me the way out after I killed their boss.

Not always, I remember being teleported through a locked room, then just moved on and finished the mission without a trouble, thanks to that kind commander.

He is just doing that to avoid getting killed by you. =p

Edited by RainDreamer

Sounds good to me, you could become "ethereal" or something for a while without getting instakilled by the 30 grineers surrounding you.

What's more annoying is, they just keep switch-teleporting effortlessly and you can't stagger them no matter what, powerful headshots, melee in the face, jump attacks, nothing makes them even twitch a bit. So I propose we take care of that as well in addition to this "teleport protection" :P

Not true... I can stagger them with my Scinto no problem... When I get a good rythme going the Commanders can't do a thing...

Not true... I can stagger them with my Scinto no problem... When I get a good rythme going the Commanders can't do a thing...

Strange, I've always had a problem staggering them. Even Grineer Heavies seem like kittens compared to them, to me that is. Maybe it's only something Scindo has?

I got teleported across the room once into Two Heavy Gunners I think they should let you get a Armor buff or less damage, because when a Commander see's you, The one play might be died or badly hurt. So maybe a shield or You take less damage buff might be a idea to this.