Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Prime 3 Forma Build

SALE94

I replaced pictures with boosted fire rate  in favor of 4 element combo.

build Idea for grineers is from LocowithGun.

4 element combo  Grineers without more fire rate and bane mod thanks LocowithGun for idea, this gives Radiation + Viral.

b86x49.jpg

3 Element Corpus version, with Magnetic + Toxin, added bane mod too make up for damage lose vs Moas.

2yzlged.jpg

Infested

Corrosive and Heat  gas gives more vs other infected but my main target are Toxic Ancients.

nqbc7a.jpg

Edited by SALE94

does heavy cal affect it bad?

No not at all actualy  you can level it  as mutch you want, and you can snipe from 30 + m if you want you can still score headshot easy mine is 2 from the top,  at least i dont notise mutch change honestly.

Edited by SALE94

I think that having Speed Trigger instead of Shred is a waste (well, if you have it that is). You don't really need so much firerate and the punch through helps with both groups of enemies and ammo economy. It's better to line up enemies and kill multiple at once (especially against infested) than killing them one by one albeit with better firerate, the fact that it allows you to shoot through teammates and doors is just a bonus.

For Void and Alloy Grineer I use Radiation + Viral. It's one of the best combos in the game imho, it's gonna slaughter heavy grineer as you get +75% to the Alloy armor and then +75% to the flesh. And all of the Ferrite Grineer are gona get murdered by the Viral, you don't even need Corrosive as the units that have Ferrite armor are much squishier anyway and Viral is more than enough against them. It is also very versatile combination for void, only thing you might have problem with is the corrupted heavy gunners and in that case just use corrosive secondary. Burston Prime has also very good proc chance and the viral proc makes HUGE difference against very high level Grineer, it cannot be overstated how useful it is.

For infested I go with Gas + Magnetic.. it sound insane to use magnetic against infested, but it's the only element that infested are completely neutral to.. no bonuses and no penalties. Every other element you can combine with Gas will get reduced on one of the infested types. It also allows you to stack 4 elements.. so even if it does just 100% damage, you can have more of it. But you this is just my preference, not optimal build.

I don't know about you but the difference in accuracy with Heavy Caliber is VERY noticable even at -25%. If you are fighting on short to mid range.. sure go nuts.. but I don't always use Heavy Caliber. On long range it is indeed very noticeable and you will miss part of the burst. It's less noticeable on lower level as you don't need the entire burst to land in order to kill, but when you try to hit headshots on those high level Napalms from safe distance, your DPS will get reduced and the 2nd or even the 3rd bullet will go above the head. And you don't really want to get too close to them.

Also when you have Shred the very good accuracy allows you to mow down groups of enemies from large distance. It's neccessary against Corpus for example as with Heavy Caliber depending on distance even if you aim at feet at least one of your bullets is gonna hit the head or even miss completely. And that's one less bullet worth of damage not only to the first enemy, but also the four enemies behind him.

All in all it's decent build but you could do even better with 3 forma than this damage wise.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I think that you cant make Viral and raddiation anymore, because if you add 3rd elemental it will always turn the whole damage from 1 element , into the whole another element it will not be the same as before  cant stack .

I did try that multiple times it is impossible combine is impossible.

Same can be said for corrosive or gas.

Heavy caliber dont make diferense too me honestly i can land hits without notising mutch change for grineer aiming.

For corpus i always aim at chest, that cant miss.

Edited by SALE94

Viral = Cold + Poison

Radiation = Heat + Electricity

Sure you can have them together. I used that combo multiple times today.

You can't have Corrosive and Gas because they both use Toxic damage. But you can have Viral + Radiation and Gas + Magnetic.

And Heavy Caliber might not make a difference to you, but it does to me. I like my weapons precise and I like to use Burston with Banshee and on long distances you will not hit the weakpoint with all of the bullets. I tested it. It's simple really, find a wall and fire the burst at it (wall that shows bullet holes, some don't), and go further away and to the same. Make a screenshot. Equip Heavy Caliber and do the same... you will see the difference.. significant difference.

It's hard to see in game, but there is a difference. Burston has I shaped spread pattern. With higher Heavy Caliber second and third shot go further up from the first shot (which is right on the dot). As you get further from the enemy this difference can cause your third and even second shot to effectively go over enemy's head.. missing.

Again, it depends on the tileset you're playing in. But in some of the bigger rooms it does make a difference. If you're willing to adapt is up to you, but saying it doesn't make any difference is simply not true.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Well i will try too make combo with viral again, as for other stuff it is more of personal preference i belive you and agree on stuff you stated.

Tnanks for suggestions.

Edit

It seems i can actualy make combo but i have  bug in my arsenal, in order too use more 3 elements for combo, i first must put all  4 elemental mods in order, after that i can remove the 4nd.

And only after that i can use 3 elemental combo game will register that in arsenal.

I did try the 4 elements  build together and it worked finaly.

3343mro.jpg

b86x49.jpg

Edited by SALE94

Pretty standard builds, i would go Corrosive + Fire (Infested/Grineer/Void) and Magnetic + Toxin (Corpus),

i dont think Speed Trigger is needed -also because of laag/fps drop issues- a different mod would work better (based on faction)

About Heavy Caliber i confirm that it doesnt influence much Burston Prime, it's a very very accurate weapon