The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People Douchebags?

noveltyhero

-People are racist - Cultural influence / Fear of unknown / Lack of empathy (kinda)

-People are just A-holes - Too broad to explain

-People killing each other for freaking PS4s and Xbones - Greed / Envy

-Companies ripping people off with terrible products and service (Microsoft's Windows and Xbone/Youtube's new policy etc.) - Greed

-NSA, spying on allies of the country - No comment, don't see anything extremely wrong with it (internet isn't as anonymous as you might think anyway)

In-game:

-People swearing at each other like it's nothing - False sense of anonymity, lack of empathy

-Hacking/stealing (why play a multiplayer game if you are going to hack? where is the difficulty); mind you, they are not the same people who make the hacks :S - Anonymity again, as well as weird sense of superiority, I guess.

-Trolling/shouting in the microphone - Childish way of releasing aggression, anonymity, wicked way of having "fun" in it.

Could stamp tons of other terms on it, but what's the point.

This is a weird thing to ask I know. I just don't understand it.

Examples:

-People are racist

-People are just A-holes

-People killing each other for freaking PS4s and Xbones

-Companies ripping people off with terrible products and service (Microsoft's Windows and Xbone/Youtube's new policy etc.)

-NSA, spying on allies of the country; not to be a conspirator but I am not gonna believe all the BS the government tells us

In-game:

-People swearing at each other like it's nothing

-Hacking/stealing (why play a multiplayer game if you are going to hack? where is the difficulty); mind you, they are not the same people who make the hacks :S

-Trolling/shouting in the microphone 

Many more things to add but I just don't understand. Nothing to do with the fact that I am against those things, it is that I do not understand them. I understand revenge, hatred and such but pure retardation is out of my league.

PS. Just needed to get this off my chest.

You know I don't understand either. I guess people don't understand the concept of 'you don't get something for nothing'. People get greedy or vain or just get a kick out of being abusive to others and for me to have to see it everyday eats away at my soul, my wallet and indeed my sanity. The fact that, like you say, it isn't driven by any sort of revenge or hatred and it is just that they don't know any better makes it all the more [insert appropriate word when it is invented here]. R.I.P. compassion, empathy and common decency.

PS. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Seriously people, I hate it when people say "greed and money" or that other BS. But I will admit, Money can go over your head...

There are bad people out there because nobody likes to lose or be at the bottom of the charts...or see family members/friends hurt

There are people who want to enforce their ideas (but aren't able to) so they take matters into their own hands, which can possibly lead them TO FAR.

Even the world's largest "criminals" have a history behind them and most of the time, it was a living hell.

a good example would be warframe's very own STALKER. He is who is he today because of his past and the people who affected it...(won't spoil)

The other day we were all running to the elevator, a teammate was in there already as soon as we all 3 approached the elevator he hit the button. 

I was laughing pretty hard about it and so was everyone else, didn't consider him an a-hole, it was funny. you can't really call someone an a-hole until you REALLY get to know what their like.

Edited by Shekho