Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Try U7 Before You Criticize, Its Actually Better Than The Mod/skill Tree

Asogi

It isn't as bad as people make it think , neither not hard to understand.People this isn't WoW where you need one action button to win and it isn't eve online neither .Does it need polish? yes it does but the system is great but need some work on it witch is why we are testing and giving feedback .Feedback isn't = QQ go back to old one pl0x .

The new system, imo rewards you for playing longer, and gives players a moneysink instead of having 600k floating around.

my only grip with it .The cost are way to high for something shouldn't be exagerate like the current system is .I think it need a small look into the cost or else it will screw young players and old ones but besides that it pretty good.

The problem I may see here is that money gaining isn't as viable as before so these prices will skyrocket to something alot the "i cannot afford so I quit"

The new system takes a leveling system that was 60% gear and 40% innate progression, and turns it into a system that is 100% gear, 0% innate progression while simultaneously tying an egregious money requirement to your frame's skills and stats. I can't think of very many games that charge you to level up, only to charge you again when you find a new chestpiece.

It is a merciless, unabashed attempt to install an additional grind and money sink into the game. Level means absolutely nothing now if you don't have gear -- which is counterintuive and, more importantly, not fun.

Feel free to sink with the ship if that's what you're into.

The new system takes a leveling system that was 60% gear and 40% innate progression, and turns it into a system that is 100% gear, 0% innate progression while simultaneously tying an egregious money requirement to your frame's skills and stats. I can't think of very many games that charge you to level up, only to charge you again when you find a new chestpiece.

It is a merciless, unabashed attempt to install an additional grind and money sink into the game. Level means absolutely nothing now if you don't have gear -- which is counterintuive and, more importantly, not fun.

Feel free to sink with the ship if that's what you're into.

It's a beta not a release so give DE you're feedback and i'm sure they will look into it .the problem here is the community want everything perfect but a beta is about testing new changes and FIXING them .

I agree with you're statement though the new system is "great" but needs tons of polish to make it more fun and less grindy

I bet you also have a buzzing mosquito above your ninja head ?

Its funny because I do, but they are useful after lvl 1 because they can actually start shooting instead of floating around your head, very helpful for solo players.

I was hoping for some sort of innate stat increase per level and got nothing :(

Really the system would be utterly fantastic if:

1. Mod boosters were purchaseable by credits

2. Warframes gained minor stat boosts per level (like 3.3% shields/health/NRG, giving them about the stats of an unmodded old Warframe at 30).

Those would fix 99% of everyone's issues IMO.

1. Mod boosters were purchaseable by credits

2. Warframes gained minor stat boosts per level (like 3.3% shields/health/NRG, giving them about the stats of an unmodded old Warframe at 30).

If I may comment on those ideas:

1. I'm not too sure if that would be very nice. Maybe if they cost some (~50k) then that'd be pretty nice.

2. Me like. c:

--

It's a beta not a release so give DE you're feedback and i'm sure they will look into it .the problem here is the community want everything perfect but a beta is about testing new changes and FIXING them .

Agreed. The reason as to why this phase of a game is in it's beta; to test things out, fix things, change the game and get dem feedbaks.

There are ways that it is better, but there are also ways that it is worse. In general, it will make going to the later planets really challenging still when you actually have earned mods. You probably won't ever just walk over any planet because you already have 300% bonus damage or whatever you could stack to before.

Here is the problem, leveling means nothing now so any player, including brand new players might be unable to get passed the second or third mission because they can't use a mod to get through and they haven't learned enough about playing to get through without mods.

Granted players that were playing before hopefully do know how to survive better and can make it through, but the new players might not take the chance. The new system isn't exactly a very enticing design and might cause players that are trying out warframe to decide that it's just too complicated to start playing, so they will just play something else.

The old system had it's drawbacks, but everyone could use that design. The new system has fewer drawbacks in the long run, but the first 5 hours are now the make or break portion of the game. If a player doesn't get a mod that will give them any edge, and if they don't figure out how to survive without mods, then they will probably not bother logging in again.

Actually at this point it would be better to just give flat bonuses every level that are specific to each warframe that fit it's playstyle (though weapons leveling more universally is fine). As well as hand out common mod packs at like 1,000 credits for say 8 mods which have mostly health and shield boosts for warframes and damage and crit rate/crit damage boosts for weapons.