Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid, Do I Miss Something Or It Is Just A Not-Good-Launcher?

lucio1019

I am now ranking all the guns I have not used so far. And I run into Torid.

During the process, I find something odd or interesting:

Torid does a lot of damage when the project actually land on the target and the cloud DOT does pretty close to nothing.

The project has very slow travel speed, very short travel distance and has a traveling acr.

For a launcher require a lot of resource and time to build, is this unusual? I feel like I am throwing stones to the mob and hope the stone lands to do some damage.

I also think if I bring my Mk-1 batron, it might over damage the Torid I have on my hand.

Is Torid supposed to like this?

Thanks

I used torid for quite a while before dmg 2.0. I potato'd it, put two forma on it even. But now, with dmg 2.0 its so bad that i sold it without second tought. I tried as many builds as i could to make it viable for a solid week,even formated it 3rd time.

Conclusion to a sad, sad story? Mastery fodder. Untill they fix it its beyond useless.

I used to do 600 dmg per tick with it ffs!

Where are you getting single digit AOEs? I'm getting dot damage in the 100s on ceres, and I've only got two formas in it so far. Other than not being able to slow everyone down with cryo rounds like you could pre-2.0, I think the Torid is just as good now as it was before.

• 2 weeks later...

Torid has been nerfed horribly you are not alone in this boat. Former Torid users dropped the thing after 2.0 due to the nerf. Some cheap gimmicks still work with it but its really not worth it. For example vauban's vortex with torid increases the damage output massively last time I saw it but even then Vaubans are rare and to top it off no one would use torid anymore or be caught dead being chewed on by dustmites.

I am now ranking all the guns I have not used so far. And I run into Torid.

During the process, I find something odd or interesting:

Torid does a lot of damage when the project actually land on the target and the cloud DOT does pretty close to nothing.

The project has very slow travel speed, very short travel distance and has a traveling acr.

For a launcher require a lot of resource and time to build, is this unusual? I feel like I am throwing stones to the mob and hope the stone lands to do some damage.

I also think if I bring my Mk-1 batron, it might over damage the Torid I have on my hand.

Is Torid supposed to like this?

Thanks

torid is till one of the strongest guns if u mod it right , but u have to know that its only a survival/defence gun (use it with vauban or nyx combo)

Torid was marvelous before Damage 2.0, I even potato'd it. Now it's just... Dreadful.

its still rly good

I used torid for quite a while before dmg 2.0. I potato'd it, put two forma on it even. But now, with dmg 2.0 its so bad that i sold it without second tought. I tried as many builds as i could to make it viable for a solid week,even formated it 3rd time.

Conclusion to a sad, sad story? Mastery fodder. Untill they fix it its beyond useless.

I used to do 600 dmg per tick with it ffs!

forma it 6 times and see the rly high dmg+dot

So, I should hit mob with da slow project or expect that single digit AOE damage suddenly become great?

the cloud is the torids best dmg

Torid has been nerfed horribly you are not alone in this boat. Former Torid users dropped the thing after 2.0 due to the nerf. Some cheap gimmicks still work with it but its really not worth it. For example vauban's vortex with torid increases the damage output massively last time I saw it but even then Vaubans are rare and to top it off no one would use torid anymore or be caught dead being chewed on by dustmites.

just fals , torid is atm stronger as it was bevore