Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I've Noticed About Infested Enemy Designs

Cobalt313

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of Infested enemy types based off the Corpus as opposed to the Grineer.

I mean, look at your Codex, count the number of entries that look like infested Corpus:

-Runners

-Leapers

-Crawler

-Toxic Crawler

-Shock Crawler

-Crawler Lobber

-Nauseous Crawler

-J3 Golem(if he's still around somewhere)

Now look how many look like Grineer:

-Charger

-Phorid

Am I the only one that thinks maybe there could be a little more variety in terms of Grineer infestation victims? maybe something like a heavy fire-breathing Charger variant, or maybe some sort of wall-climbing monstrosity? I dunno, I just feel there could be a lot of potential for new Infested designs if the Grineer got a bit more attention. What do you all think?

It might be because Corpus might have a simpler genome that the technocyte can take over, meaning that the virus can 'infest' more Corpus than the Grineer. This could also be explained because the Grineer are genetically degrading over the generations, relying on cybernetics to augment movement and basic motor functions. Since the technocyte cannot take over robotics, lesser and lesser Grineer become infested.

My 2 cents.

It might be because Corpus might have a simpler genome that the technocyte can take over, meaning that the virus can 'infest' more Corpus than the Grineer. This could also be explained because the Grineer are genetically degrading over the generations, relying on cybernetics to augment movement and basic motor functions. Since the technocyte cannot take over robotics, lesser and lesser Grineer become infested.

My 2 cents.

Point; plus if the Grineer are all clones, the Technocyte probably has too small a gene pool to work with to make anything other than the body shape we see in most Grineer Infested. Still though, if there's enough to make Phorid and the regular Chargers, I imagine there might be enough for more minor variants, keeping the same overall body type but changing stats and behaviors/abilities.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one that thinks maybe there could be a little more variety in terms of Grineer infestation victims?

A leaper-like infested, but based on Scorpions. So instead of rushing towards you, it pulls you (and now imagine those to preferably team up with Ancients - mwahahaha). We'd even get a legit source for the Scoliac there.