Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Problems (And How Do We Salvage This Mess)

TraumaHunter

It isn't even a matter of "I no longer feel like a level 30 warframe". "I have to farm in low level worlds all over again because I only have 100 health"

These things you can change with time.

The REAL problems are the in-game economy have been altered FAR too heavily and too suddenly. And by doing so the amount of time it requires to change the other problems... it's going to take years.

DISCLAIMER: If you don't like reading numbers and doing math this topic and the post I made before (referenced later on) are going to make your head hurt lol

The new system did NOT scale mod values well at all and there is no reason for this. - The people that sold scored 10x the ammount they would have by selling now.

Selling a mod that used to give you 500 credits now provides 50 credits... 50!!!

Selling the most expensive mod you can only nets you 1,250. This is how much a crappy level 15 white used to cost.

There was NO alteration of mission credit rewards -

Still getting 500 credits a mission does not make sense when the prices of everything have skyrocketed.

Bringing me to the next point:

The prices of fusion do NOT reflect the costs in the old system. -

In the old system attaching mods DID have a cost associated with it. It costed a couple thousand to get modded up.

Now however the cost of fusing mods is astronomically unbalanced...

A common mod (COMMON!) level 10 will cost me 51,200!!!!

Not to mention applying this mod does NOT have any actual affect on my 'card'. Infact I need to apply several mods before any changes appear. Even applying a level 10 RARE mod (the best mods you can have) does not upgrade my card in any way.

It costs me 204,800!!! to fuse that single mod.

It is worth noting that the 204,800 credit mod only gives me a 40-50% boost at an increase of 400% in the price of attaching the cheaper mod.

I made a post a long time ago about how much it would cost in order to obtain every item in the game:

https://forums.warfr..._20#entry118265

Even if you add the superflous numbers I added in there such as buying ammo packs every day for a year... This number for fusing a single mod is FAR TOO LARGE for the previous "Beat the game" economy number.

It's not even laughable....

The fact that I can surpass that magic "beat the game" number by adding half a page of mods (when I have a dozen pages) And the fact that adding these mods will only increase the ability of ONE of my powers (we can assume I put it towards shields in order to obtain my previous level 30 shields levels).

408k used to be able to mod every single weapon in the game and attach 2,000$ worth of mods to every slot ( assuming you had that slot and ranked it up and switched out mods)

408k now can't even rank up ONE ability.

So now that I've droned on about how broken the economy is lets tackle the real question:

How do we fix this?

Unfortunately that is going to take some number crunching. And because I want to see this game shine - I will actually crunch the numbers to the best of my ability (since someone did NOT do the number crunching when they released this update...)

I will come up with the proper scalable econmy for weapon prices, warframe prices, ammo packs, blueprint prices, foundry prices, Sell prices for all of the weapons, mods, fusion cores, etc

How much money should be able to be picked up by scavenging? How much money should you earn for completing a mission? These are important things. How much money a player makes should directly correlate to how much they are able to spend

The EASIER solution is to just change the prices for fusing mods and how much the mods themselves cost.

(changing 2 things is much easier than changing the entire economy...)

But if they are INSISTENT on changing the prices so drastically - I will crunch the numbers and give my suggestions for the scaling of everything else once I have time to do so - I'm very busy this week though but I will do it because I Less Than Three being a space ninja who eats potatoes. If someone else who is good with numbers wants to help feel free. (I mean someone who understands what a spreadsheet is used for... not someoen who goes "Hmmmm maybe it should cost this much?" or "I think it should cost about this much... that seems fair.")

Edited by TraumaHunter

Alright, maybe the credit system is now unbalanced, but Steve said himself, in in-game chat, globally, that it was already being worked on. Let's wait and see. This is a 'soft patch', let's give it some time.

So what I'm seeing is the problem is "mod sale costs were rebalanced in line with mission rewards, mod fusion costs and BP costs were balanced in line with old (pre-UD7) mod prices"? Is that right?

So the simplest way to fix things would be to revert one of the two.

Either keep new sales costs and cut prices or keep current prices and revert sales costs.