Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Beginners Guide To The New Mod System In Update 7

Notso

Currently, depending on the rarity and level of fusion cores they increase the "Fusion Bar" different amounts. (More rare and higher level cores increasing it more)

Would it really be that hard to create static credit values for each mod to level from 1 level to the next?

Example:

No matter what you use to upgrade a lvl 1 Shield Mod into a lvl 2 Shield mod it always just costs 1k credits.

No matter what you use to upgrade a lvl 2 shield mod into a lvl 3 shield mod it always just costs 4k credits.

etc. etc. etc.

Simple isn't it?

You're just sticking credit values on level values of each mod.

----

Edited by Nokturnal

Okay i have a question.

I go to my arsenal screen and then select mods. There however i do not see my mods and just see my pre-update-7 fusion cores.

How do i get a mod on the big spot on the left side of the fusion screen?

You still need to have mod/skill cards in your inventory for them to show up. If you're just starting out of update 7, then you won't have any besides the four base skills for each of your Frames. To select them or cores, just left click. It'll show up on the left side with options to sell or to fuse.

Aha so you cannot upgrade your base abilities? Because when i unequipped them they still didnt show up in my mods inventory.

Make sure you hit apply after you unequip them, they should show up in your Mod Inventory. They can then be upgraded using Fusion Cores, (though hopefully the prices for upgrading them with Cores will be adjusted further)

I found that strange too.

2 low level fusion cores can increase mod2.0 in a more cost-effective fashion than one rare lv10 fusion core. A strange oversight from DE.

You should read the sticky on Mods 2.0 in the build & patchnotes section.

In that guide, the Dev explains the case you outlined above. Basically, the more similar the target mod is to item you are using to fuse, the more...uh..."bar" or "fushion level" you will get from said fusion item.

Example.

I have a common Mod that I want to boost. I have an option of a "Rare 10" or a "Common 10" Fusion Core (not sure if a Common 10 exists, but for the sake of argument pretend it does).

If you put the Rare 10, you will get X amount of..."bar".

But, since the Mod is a Common rarity, by putting in a Common 10 fusion core, you will get >X "bar" when you fuse.

The post does a much better job of explaining this, but basically, dont waste Rare Fusion Cores on Common Mods.

I don't think there's much point in comparing fusion cores just at this moment since the old mods were so varied that bringing them into this system "cleanly" means you'll see discrepancies in how much a core will improve your mod. I have a few common/uncommon/rares of the same level that give a different amount of fusion meter. I would hope they're standardized when they drop from now on, instead of being a guessing game like they are with the converted mods now.

The "rares being more expensive" I don't quite get but I assume at the higher weapon mod levels, they'll continue raising you towards whatever level whereas the commons and uncommons won't?

This guide cleared up some of my assumptions on quite the opaque system at the moment, thanks. :)

The descrepancy in effectiveness of mods is not tied to the old 6.0 conversion, but rather detailed in the Mods 2.0 section where it boils down to -- Use the same rarity Fusion Core as the rarity of the Mod you are trying to boost.

You should read the sticky on Mods 2.0 in the build & patchnotes section.

In that guide, the Dev explains the case you outlined above. Basically, the more similar the target mod is to item you are using to fuse, the more...uh..."bar" or "fushion level" you will get from said fusion item.

Example.

I have a common Mod that I want to boost. I have an option of a "Rare 10" or a "Common 10" Fusion Core (not sure if a Common 10 exists, but for the sake of argument pretend it does).

If you put the Rare 10, you will get X amount of..."bar".

But, since the Mod is a Common rarity, by putting in a Common 10 fusion core, you will get >X "bar" when you fuse.

The post does a much better job of explaining this, but basically, dont waste Rare Fusion Cores on Common Mods.

Actually, when testing this morning, I found that fusing a Rare 10 fusion core to a Common 2.0 mod was faaaarr cheaper than using many more Common 10 mods for same increase in fusion level.

It cost me 8.8k to upgrade my Common "Vitality" mod to level 4 [using a single Rare 10 core], as opposed to 32k I would have had to spend had I used many more Common 10 cores to get the mod to level 4.

Actually, when testing this morning, I found that fusing a Rare 10 fusion core to a Common 2.0 mod was faaaarr cheaper than using many more Common 10 mods for same increase in fusion level.

It cost me 8.8k to upgrade my Common "Vitality" mod to level 4 [using a single Rare 10 core], as opposed to 32k I would have had to spend had I used many more Common 10 cores to get the mod to level 4.

Oh, I wasnt commenting on price, I was commenting on effectiveness per mod (the amount increase in fusion bar). I am not sure how price is affected by rarity.

Oh, I wasnt commenting on price, I was commenting on effectiveness per mod (the amount increase in fusion bar). I am not sure how price is affected by rarity.

Well that's also what I'm saying. Using a Rare 10 fusion core is more effective per core than using Common 10, if you're fusing it to a Common 2.0 mod [on top of it being cheaper].

Edited by Notso

Well that's also what I'm saying. Using a Rare 10 fusion core is more effective per core than using Common 10, if you're fusing it to a Common 2.0 mod [on top of it being cheaper].

Hmm, cause I saw the opposite...Rare for Rare and Common for Common being more effective fusion bar increase per mod.

Strange -- I guess there is still some mystery in this system. :)

Guide is good, however, I would like to suggest that the fusion mods be put into order by rare, uncommon and common. That would make the initial slotting a lot more simple than having to search through 6 pages of mods.

Guide is good, however, I would like to suggest that the fusion mods be put into order by rare, uncommon and common. That would make the initial slotting a lot more simple than having to search through 6 pages of mods.

You can do this... Just click to order it by rarity at the bottom.

I'm liking the new system for the most part. My biggest gripes would be a) the credit sink aspect of it and b) the fact that you have to uninstall the mod to fuse it. B is a minor inconvenience but it would be nice if this could be worked on. A, I'm torn on that because I know they don't want us to rush to the max level, like people were doing before, but if the grind is too much then the game gets boring. So, I'm undecided on that one.

Thanks for the answers, Notso. But there's something else I was wondering: can you get skill/warframe/weapon/etc cards with different fusion levels?

I've got a couple of duplicates with the same fusion levels but that was in Mercury maps. Is it possible to get better ones on higher level maps?

I swear this is my last question =P

-----

Notso, THANK YOU! you are awesome for doing this!

Windbow brought me here because I told him I'm trying to compile a guide.

It's too much trouble to jump from one Fusion topic to another so since you have already got it started, I hope you don't mind me throwing in what I found.

Some of the info I found might contribute to a more extensive guide as we learn more about the Fusion UI.

Anyway...here's what I found (i apologize for any redundancies or repeated procedures here. i'm going to go ahead and just dump what i found so far) :

As explained in the OP, here is the Basic Fusion procedure.

I have outlined some detail here - this shows Fusion with a RARE 10, the effect on the particular Mod, and the cost in Creds

IMG1_zps5baf6d25.jpg

playing around with the different FC's yielded these results:

IMG2_zps9aaa27ec.jpg

using multiple low level Cores to achieve what a RARE Core does to a MOD will cost you a ton!

i guess this helps control the rate of overall Power (how hard you hit, how much hits you can take and for how long...all that!) so lower level players don't get too strong too fast and blow through the game then get bored farming end game over and over....

and for the more higher level players, well....you gotta start from the bottom again so you can get fuller understanding of this brand new system.

IMG3_zps800a9198.jpg

for the particular build i was tweeking on, i decided not to use a bunch of low level Cores and I wanted to save my RARE 10 for something else down the line.

Since i'm still getting used to the effect of combat on what used to be my Killer Frame...i picked a Core that wouldn't cost too much to use but might help me stay alive where i plan to explore:

IMG4_zpsb88dc7a9.jpg

it actually costs waaaay less to Fuse the Mods together and you get more of a stat benefit for doing so.

i imagine that dupes might be harder to come accross to again, help control the rate you gain power to blow through the game - i mean, we gotta make this game last you know? =P

IMG5_zps8c92c53d.jpg

and finally, a reiteration of Notso's information about drain cost. You've got drag the mods from the compatible section into what i call the active section (for obvious reasons)

IMG6_zps3596f09d.jpg

i'm not sure what each symbol represents, but i know it has to do with one of these labels DESteve mentioned about "POLARITY". i just can't seem to figure out which symbol means what.

hope this info helps out somewhat...please add more if anybody finds out more =D

Polarity (show as a symbol: Power, Attack, Defense, Tactic, Precept).

• Note: These classifications aren't strict, e.g. a Defense Mod could indirectly damage). It is more suggestive and subject to renaming. Lore pending connects polarity to the original Orokin clans where the designs originated from.

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

Hey Suprize. thanks for posting that :> I've been doing some testing of my own this evening, and concluded the same things you did. I am actually in the process of creating a video guide, which covers what I put in writing in the OP, but also the cost-efficiency of fusion. It's good to see I was right about it being more cost-effective to use duplicates than fusion cores.

I didn't know that using Rare FCs was more cost-efficient than using Common or Uncommon FCs though. I will add this.

i have more screen shots at my home computer.

i'll contribute more to your guide if i find anything else interesting.

again, SALUD to you for getting this started.

i was losing my mind gathering info here and there.

hopefully more players will see your post and decide to contribute here =)

before i forget...i'm also working on a graphic comparing the old tree to the new Mod system.

i understand now what the devs were going for.

it's sad that they were only trying to address the players' concerns about how "static" that old tree was and when DE made the change, most of them griped about it (and they're the ones that wanted it!)

anyway, this new system is WWAAAY BETTER and i hope my comparison will shed some light on this. i will post it soon

Suprizebuttseks, When I use Rare 10 Fusion cores on Rank 0 Mods (as you show in your picture) it only gets to 1.5, not a full 5.

Something in the underpinnings of the system is busted.

Edited by Brasten

Suprizebuttseks, When I use Rare 10 Fusion cores on Rank 0 Mods (as you show in your picture) it only gets to 1.5, not a full 5.

Something in the underpinnings of the system is busted.

oh man i forgot to mention, and this might have something to do with this,

the Fusion Cores have less of an effect on WARFRAME mods vs WEAPON mods.

a RARE 10 applied to a WARFRAME mod will NOT yield the same results as a RARE 10 applied to a WEAPON mod.

excuse the caps, they are only for emphasis

EDIT: also, i still don't know what effect a RARE 10 has on something like a SHIELD mod or VITALITY.

i have only tried them on WARFRAME and WEAPON mods.

i'm not sure if Notso or any other player has tried this combo:

a COMMON Fusion Core's effect (or any FC of lower level for that matter) on a MOD,

based on the MOD's rank prior to Fusion.

how does a COMMON 3 effect a RANK 1 MOD vs a RANK 2 or 3 MOD?

i sent a PM to dev asking about small details like this.

im sure they want the Beta testers to try and figure it out - as usual, i could be wrong =P