The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Popular Is The Game ?

Zoliru

Given Vindictus is definitely a p2w title as achieving stuff that paying people do is nigh impossible as free person.

I was talking about farming rare weapons/armor...because VD has a coupon system that allows you to earn rare drops if you fail your rng.

The enhancing system in vd cant really be consideres f2p anyway...so you better ignore that part (since with money you can max your weapon easily, but without you can forget about that.)

That's pretty much worthless seeing as when they added in the coupons for the "rng" drops, the equips were already pretty much almost obsolete and new, end-game gear required more rng drops, but in missions where, unless you had a fully compentent party(almost never) or amazing gear, you had next to no chance of getting the new drops unless you had a guild to baby walk you through it with their equips. The coupon shops are really used for level 60 gear. Thats 2 more tiers (70 & 80) for RNG for end game equips, barring the enchancement/enchanting rng and the chance that everything can be lost with click of a button. Vindictus in a nutshell I guess, well judging from about 6 months back when i actually played.

I checked the number of players playing Warframe on steam once, it was 17,000~

Which is the max number i saw for it since then. Don't know more.

And even so, it's not an accurate representation of the actual number of people logged on since while the Warframe launcher and download is available through Steam, it's not exclusive to Steam itself; you can get it as a standalone from this website too and a few other digitial distribution platforms/sites. So while there might be 17k people logged through Steam, it's quite possible there's a lot more not tracked by Steam that are also logged on.

---

@Zoliru

Little tips for when you start playing :

• Do not spend your starting platinum (you get 50 for free then can buy more with real money) on weapons or other cosmetics 'yet'; play for a while until you get to craft a weapon or two, a second Warframe and moved past a few planets. The reason being the 'only' thing you need to spend platinum on is Warframe and Weapon slots (20 for 1 Warframe slot, 12 for 2 Weapon slots).

While you start with 2 Warframe slots (one will be used by your starter frame) and 8 weapon slots (3 used by your MK1-Braton Rifle, Lato Pistol and Skana longsword), crafting new gear will fill up those slots quickly. Since Mastery Rank progression is based on your gear's own progression (200 mastery per Warframe rank, 100 Mastery per weapon rank), you'll eventually have to either sell old weapons or those you don't like after having ranked them up to 30 or buy new slots to have space for new stuff you craft.

I personally suggest getting 1 more Warframe slot and 2 sets of 2 Weapon slots, increasing your limits with your starting platinum to 3 Warframe Slots and 12 Weapon Slots.

• This is a game based on action and random drops; the mod system will make your gear more powerful. However, the RNG dictactes what drops and what doesn't and some of the so-called 'necessary' mods can be hard to find. So don't be surprised if the game suddenly gets hard when you get to Earth. If anything, given the recent changes to how damage works, you can find mods to increase single damage types (Slash, Puncture, Impact) or add elemental damage (Heat, Cold, Electric, Toxic) with relative ease while the main damage boosting mods are rarer drops.

Keep an eye out for the mods called Serration (Rifle / Bow / Sniper Rifle), Hornet Strike (Pistol / Secondary Weapon), Point Blank (Shotgun) and Pressure Point (Melee Weapon) as they are mods which increases damage on your weapons all across the board (all damage types will benefit instead of a single type)

Same goes for Redirection and Vitality which increases Shield Capacity and Maximum Health respectively.

• The game has a good 'basic' tutorial which is standard for most shooters. However, it omits a lot of information about your parkour abilities (wallrunning, slidding, slide attacks, etc.) as well as not explaining the mod system that can be a bit daunting at first. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki'>Refer to the Warframe wiki for information or ask around either on the forums and ingame chat for help. While there's no dedicated 'help' channel in the chat and you might come across a few less-than-helpful sorts, most people will be willing to explain a bit.

• Finally, other than some event exclusive or Founder reward gear, ALL weapons and Warframes can be build using ressources you collect ingame and credits (ingame currency gained from playing, not purchaseable). Warframes requires a base blueprint and the blueprints for the Helmet, Chassis and Systems; the three latter must be crafted and the blueprints are dropped from a boss or, in the case of a few others like Vauban and Banshee, gotten from specific runs. Some weapons and Prime Warframes can't even be bought with platinum and 'must' be crafted.

Once the parts are crafted (12 hours craft time), then the Warframe itself can be made with the main blueprints (which takes 72 hours; passes quickly when you're busy doing something else in the meantime). Some weapons merely require ressources, others have parts (the wiki has info on Warframe and Weapon requirements, places to obtain them and their use).

Warframe and weapon blueprints are found in the market under "Warframe Blueprint" and "Primary/Secondary/Melee Weapon Blueprint" respectively.

And even so, it's not an accurate representation of the actual number of people logged on since while the Warframe launcher and download is available through Steam, it's not exclusive to Steam itself; you can get it as a standalone from this website too and a few other digitial distribution platforms/sites. So while there might be 17k people logged through Steam, it's quite possible there's a lot more not tracked by Steam that are also logged on.

---

@Zoliru

Little tips for when you start playing :

• Do not spend your starting platinum (you get 50 for free then can buy more with real money) on weapons or other cosmetics 'yet'; play for a while until you get to craft a weapon or two, a second Warframe and moved past a few planets. The reason being the 'only' thing you need to spend platinum on is Warframe and Weapon slots (20 for 1 Warframe slot, 12 for 2 Weapon slots).

While you start with 2 Warframe slots (one will be used by your starter frame) and 8 weapon slots (3 used by your MK1-Braton Rifle, Lato Pistol and Skana longsword), crafting new gear will fill up those slots quickly. Since Mastery Rank progression is based on your gear's own progression (200 mastery per Warframe rank, 100 Mastery per weapon rank), you'll eventually have to either sell old weapons or those you don't like after having ranked them up to 30 or buy new slots to have space for new stuff you craft.

I personally suggest getting 1 more Warframe slot and 2 sets of 2 Weapon slots, increasing your limits with your starting platinum to 3 Warframe Slots and 12 Weapon Slots.

• This is a game based on action and random drops; the mod system will make your gear more powerful. However, the RNG dictactes what drops and what doesn't and some of the so-called 'necessary' mods can be hard to find. So don't be surprised if the game suddenly gets hard when you get to Earth. If anything, given the recent changes to how damage works, you can find mods to increase single damage types (Slash, Puncture, Impact) or add elemental damage (Heat, Cold, Electric, Toxic) with relative ease while the main damage boosting mods are rarer drops.

Keep an eye out for the mods called Serration (Rifle / Bow / Sniper Rifle), Hornet Strike (Pistol / Secondary Weapon), Point Blank (Shotgun) and Pressure Point (Melee Weapon) as they are mods which increases damage on your weapons all across the board (all damage types will benefit instead of a single type)

Same goes for Redirection and Vitality which increases Shield Capacity and Maximum Health respectively.

• The game has a good 'basic' tutorial which is standard for most shooters. However, it omits a lot of information about your parkour abilities (wallrunning, slidding, slide attacks, etc.) as well as not explaining the mod system that can be a bit daunting at first. Refer to the Warframe wiki for information or ask around either on the forums and ingame chat for help. While there's no dedicated 'help' channel in the chat and you might come across a few less-than-helpful sorts, most people will be willing to explain a bit.

• Finally, other than some event exclusive or Founder reward gear, ALL weapons and Warframes can be build using ressources you collect ingame and credits (ingame currency gained from playing, not purchaseable). Warframes requires a base blueprint and the blueprints for the Helmet, Chassis and Systems; the three latter must be crafted and the blueprints are dropped from a boss or, in the case of a few others like Vauban and Banshee, gotten from specific runs. Some weapons and Prime Warframes can't even be bought with platinum and 'must' be crafted.

Once the parts are crafted (12 hours craft time), then the Warframe itself can be made with the main blueprints (which takes 72 hours; passes quickly when you're busy doing something else in the meantime). Some weapons merely require ressources, others have parts (the wiki has info on Warframe and Weapon requirements, places to obtain them and their use).

Warframe and weapon blueprints are found in the market under "Warframe Blueprint" and "Primary/Secondary/Melee Weapon Blueprint" respectively.

I know these

I only playing like 4 days now and im close to build ash now and I made dual ether and braton my frame is 30 my weapons are almost there too

did not spend any platinum yet but soon I will when I have ash gona buy every costumazation in game :P

Edited by Zoliru

17K people online via steam at the same time isnt bad.

can probably double up the number on PC from all different sources.

30K ish active at the same time is NOT a bad number.

This game runs without dedicated servers and a small dev team...so this game is likely very profitable....thus it wont be dropped that fast ^^ Its up to DE though...they gotta implement lasting content that isnt RNG soon...otherwise 2014 is a weak year for WF

And even so, it's not an accurate representation of the actual number of people logged on since while the Warframe launcher and download is available through Steam, it's not exclusive to Steam itself; you can get it as a standalone from this website too and a few other digitial distribution platforms/sites.

Indeed. Steam players could well be one of the smaller portions of the playerbase now. IAHgames covers a large gaming population and direct downloads are going to be much more common now the game is being advertised directly. I think that circa 1 million active accounts is not an unreasonable claim to make.

Here's today's most played Steam list, above where WF sits.

Cur.    Peak    Game

259,792 584,838   Dota 2
68,271 80,511   Team Fortress 2
51,601 71,107   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
50,036 64,863   Sid Meier's Civilization V
44,531 92,180   Left 4 Dead 2
43,181 53,918   Garry's Mod
42,265 96,755   Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
35,160 73,839   Football Manager 2014
25,792 44,127   DayZ
22,146 28,824   Starbound
19,302 24,625   Terraria
18,509 40,796   Counter-Strike
17,891 27,594   Total War: ROME II
17,810 22,711   Rust
17,105 26,227   Borderlands 2
16,907 33,193   Counter-Strike: Source

When you consider the competition, WF is doing extremely well on Steam. Even being within striking distance of something like DayZ or Starbound says a lot about the game's exposure.

Edited by Nenjin

Is it wrong to hope? Is it wrong to try and give someone the confidence that this game won't be the next Exteel so that they keep playing? =\

Blind, unlogical hope: Yes, its bad for you and people around you. Trusting in someone because they believe in something and then epople start to believe in you and your believes. That is the worse thing ever man.

I call myself OPTIMISTIC. I still think there is a CHANCE for the game to GET BETTER.

But _not hoping_ for anything.

Edited by H0PE

This game will make your hair from black to white. If that's your thing, then welcome to Warfarm

done the boss 3 times that drops the parts for Ash got all 3 parts ( im already building it )

today I done ( soloed ) my 1st T1 tower and got the dakra prime Blueprint.

it does not seem so bad sofar :P

done the boss 3 times that drops the parts for Ash got all 3 parts ( im already building it )

today I done ( soloed ) my 1st T1 tower and got the dakra prime Blueprint.

it does not seem so bad sofar :P

Don't worry. RNG God will take away your innocence and penetrate your dreams.

I will support it anyway bicous I realy like it I just wanted to know hows it going.

I second quess bicous i see that games nowdays flop left and right nonstop even games with big names or the devs don't shut down the game but totally abandon its playerbase....

and games that goes live and never goes anywhere....

Swtor

GW2

Exteel

Champions Online

and ALLOT more

GW2 has only been around a year. Not to mention, scumbag NCSoft rushed that game to come out. That game was not even close to ready on the launch date, but ANet did their best to compensate for it. Granted, ANet ain't that great themselves, give them credit on working on an incomplete game while supplying monthly updates.

SWTOR is...well, EA. That's all. I'm a Star Wars nerd, so of course I got it, just because it's Star Wars.

Exteel was fun, but NCSoft.

CO was fun, but...well I didn't play it long enough or during launch to know much of its potential, or lack there of.

GW2 has only been around a year. Not to mention, scumbag NCSoft rushed that game to come out. That game was not even close to ready on the launch date, but ANet did their best to compensate for it. Granted, ANet ain't that great themselves, give them credit on working on an incomplete game while supplying monthly updates.

SWTOR is...well, EA. That's all. I'm a Star Wars nerd, so of course I got it, just because it's Star Wars.

Exteel was fun, but NCSoft.

CO was fun, but...well I didn't play it long enough or during launch to know much of its potential, or lack there of.

yeah I should be happy for the devs in GW 2 for giving us worthless super small content everymonth that they even remove after it -.-

as I said the game is not going forward and its starting to get realy dull now and boring

lets not talk about how incapable the team to fix the "talenting" in it

if your not a loreplayer there is no reason to play that game for long realy...

yeah EA should BURN !!!

CO had HUGE potential and I mean HUGE but the devs pretty much abandoned the game after a few big content update now that game isn't going anywhere either...

il hope Warframes DE wont make the same mistake. and abandoning the game and leaving us without any meaningful update..

Edited by Zoliru