Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Change To How Survival Operations Work

Meenmu

Hope this is the right section

Survival is probably my favorite game type right now, but the way operations (infestation invasions and such) are structured discourages people from actually playing them as normal. Since the operations only count the number of completions of the mission, you are likely, especially if only playing public games, to run exclusively into groups that only want to go for 5 minutes and extract. While I'm fine with that for most completions, I would like to at least go for as long as possible on one of the required completions for battle pay.

The current "quantity over quality" system works fine for missions with definite objectives (kill this enemy, hack these terminals, etc.), for a more open ended objective they are just annoying.

I would suggest that for survival operations, rather than having to complete the mission a certain number of times, players must accumulate a certain number of minutes of survival to get battle pay.

For those that find the mission difficult, they can just extract at 5 minutes a bunch of times. Otherwise, a player could, in theory, just survive for maybe 15-25 or however many minutes then extract when comfortable just once, and receive the full battle pay reward.

This would enable survival operation missions (especially infested survival missions which don't exist anymore outside the derelict) to actually be played as survival missions.

I support this with both hands. One (let's call it progression point) every 5 minutes (or 5 waves in case of defence) would make things much more fluent and convenient. 15 minutes Infestation survival would award battle pay and Void Key at the same time - it's a win-win. Not to mention that this would allow to greatly boost progression by playing long runs - this would encourage people to stay longer (even pass 15/25 milestones) because faster node competition means faster reward delivery.

Edited by xGryphus