The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Materials Too High, Some Too Low.

Els236

I am a "veteran" Warframe player and remember the days when Alloy Plate was as rare as it came. You needed 1.2k for a weapon, yet you'd be lucky to pick up 60/70 in one mission.

I like that that got changed, but now it's become a bit excessive => easily getting 6k per ODD. 

Neural Sensors used to be a 95% drop from J-3 Golem, now you're lucky to get 1 in 5/6 runs of Alad V.

I like that Orokin cells are rare, but I think you should be able to pick them up more in the Orokin Derelicts and Voids (as they are Orokin).

tl;dr -> tone down Alloy Plate, raise Neural Sensors, raise Orokin Cells. 

EDIT: Same thing goes for the extreme drop rate of Nano Spores, which are barely ever used - compared to the very low rate of Plastids, which are used in a lot of things

Edited by Els236

Another problem: Some weapons are very good requiring little to no hard work of getting them. Other weapons are quite bad requiring a lot of rare resources

Another problem: Decorations in Dojo. 1 Orokin Cell for a stupid lamp post? You are joking, this is from a Ghost clan too.

I also remember spending days to get that 1.2k of Alloy plate and whilst it was very irritating (that and also Rubedo) to get it, the hard work paid off.

They need to change two things: Drop rate of materials and material requirement for certain things.

Who cares if the Vectis is a freaking beast on headshots? Make it require a lot to build. Same to other very powerful weapons, nerfing them is not always best.

*These are all material related problems so I thought they were relevant to the post

I don't know the rarity tables but sometimes ago in a topic i suggested a possibility for drop materials. 
common - 150-300

uncommon - 50-100

rare - 1-2

But in the rare materials now have some which seems "common" like morphic and gallium on Mars but now for me the neurodes and orokin cells seems normal in rate but i can't get 1 neural sensor. I am afraid all free sensor implemented in Vay Hek.

And yes the decorations as well useless things mainly in dojo, some not fit with it well and some have high needs which not really cover the real needs. A balance in decoration and dojo rooms would be cool because you spend the same material for a cross room like a small corridor or a sided corridor. 

Edited by animafan10

I edited my post to contain Nano Spores / Plastids.

Nano Spores are now like Alloy Plate - you get so many they start gathering dust

Plastids are used in Fieldrons, Detonite Injectors, Mutagen Mass, All Warframe Systems - yet you'll be lucky to pick up 400/500 in a 20/30 min survival

Pretty much every update, I think DE rolls d100s to decide which resource is going to be the pain in the &#! to get one. Because it seems to change constantly in response to the mat requirements of the newest thing they introduced.

Pretty much every update, I think DE rolls d100s to decide which resource is going to be the pain in the &#! to get one. Because it seems to change constantly in response to the mat requirements of the newest thing they introduced.

basically cells and neural sensors.

No prime weapons/frames for anybody! 8D

Why can't I hold all these control modules?

The void drops them like crazy. I think I gained 700+ of them in the past month and I have no idea what to do with them. I just know that there is no way I am ever going to run out of them now. Just like there is no way I can run out of alloy plates or nano spores.

Too many control modules in the void and hardly any anywhere else. 

Why can't I hold all these control modules?

The void drops them like crazy. I think I gained 700+ of them in the past month and I have no idea what to do with them. I just know that there is no way I am ever going to run out of them now. Just like there is no way I can run out of alloy plates or nano spores.

This is also a problem - in Void Defense and Survival Missions, you can easily pick up 20/30 Control Modules (which are supposed to be as rare as Neural Sensors and Gallium, etc), you can also pickup 6K+ Alloy Plate and 6K+ Nano Spores...

Shame you can't pick up 20/30 Gallium, Neural Sensors and can't pick up 6K Plastids in the Void...

I really do think resources need to be looked at again :/