The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Troll Name Tags

ServareVitas

So I just had another 6 days of hard work and grinding wasted by another batch of childish trolls. I honestly am getting f**king sick of them. I don't like players being banned because mistakes can be made, it could be a hacked account, a jealous sibling, a bug or simply a 'one off'. In saying that... Something really does need to be done about these people. 

I think if someone is proven to be engaging in 'troll activities' their punishment should be their ingame name being forcibly changed and locked for a set duration to ''TROLL" during this punishment period, every game they join players will see them as ''TROLL'' and will refuse to work with them, help them, trade with them etc. It's not taking away their right to the game it's merely public humiliation.

Trolls do need to be shamed and shown for what they really are and this could actually work because in a world where we never see each others faces and interact behind a screen a persons 'reputation' becomes everything and defines how people perceive them. 

Edit: A funny hat would also be a nice touch but I understand this would be asking a bit too much...

Cicero event?

Add me. I still need to complete it and I have a couple vermillions saved.

Edit: (Can't log on til 7pst by the way)

I'll go, I have 1 Vermillion, working on a second.  Also PST.

Personally I don't like the idea of limiting the match making more, I myself have trouble connecting to a online session. Besides sometimes trolls make you laugh, except when they screw you of a key or toxins from the event

for example: got trolled 3 times in the cicero crisis and it only went up to 90% each time.

BUT since I know I'm mature most of the times (Lets be honest we do make jokes and try to be funny sometimes) I suck it up and go on.

Personally I don't like the idea of limiting the match making more, I myself have trouble connecting to a online session. Besides sometimes trolls make you laugh, except when they screw you of a key or toxins from the event

for example: got trolled 3 times in the cicero crisis and it only went up to 90% each time.

BUT since I know I'm mature most of the times (Lets be honest we do make jokes and try to be funny sometimes) I suck it up and go on.

this wouldn't be funny if you were trying to get the Twin Wraith Vipers and only got 90% each time because someone decided to troll the group.

sure, Vermillion would guarantee you all rewards, but are costly to make, the ingredients are hard to find, you have to wait max. 6 hours for day/night time and the event is ending quite soon.

this wouldn't be funny if you were trying to get the Twin Wraith Vipers and only got 90% each time because someone decided to troll the group.

sure, Vermillion would guarantee you all rewards, but are costly to make, the ingredients are hard to find, you have to wait max. 6 hours for day/night time and the event is ending quite soon.

I got trolled 3 times I KNOW trolling can't that style isnt fun. But a solution to your vermillion problem. Get full lapis group, and if you happened to get trolled, just try again. Thats the game. Just try again.

I got trolled 3 times I KNOW trolling can't that style isnt fun. But a solution to your vermillion problem. Get full lapis group, and if you happened to get trolled, just try again. Thats the game. Just try again.

VOIDSWORD CLAN WE HELP.Concerning trolling,an updated technique

1.know your friends

2.build in game friends,it is not easy

3.dont expect much from random invites

4.be in the place of the person who you invite

5.calculate the time the one who you will call will spend

I guessing that you went to recruiting for 400 point run in the event. Honestly if you want a free ride to 100 points in the event to get the rewards, that is the easiest way to do it. Don't even have to scan a single plant. The same thing happens with void keys. People will trade keys and someone will just leave when its their turn to use a T3. 

If you don't wanna get bit by a troll, don't make a deal they can't refuse.

The Reputation System is still in the works.

The goal for this new system is to reward players for good participation and creating a desire for a positive 'reputation'.

Honorable Crusader syandana for high reputation? :D

The Reputation System is still in the works.

The goal for this new system is to reward players for good participation and creating a desire for a positive 'reputation'.

I'll be waiting for this system to be implemented, abused the hell out of, and then later removed.

This sounds like it would lead to a legal issue... and I can imagine there are those who could create a bizarre reason for a crazy lawsuit.

Hello, Sebben & Sebben? I just got called a troll because I was trying to elicit negative reactions from people for my own amusement! SUE THEM FOR EVERY PENNY!

But in all seriousness, I don't think there are as many trolls out there as this thread seems to imply. I personally have only ever come across a couple of memorable douchebags, and only one of them was actively trying to troll me. The others were just inconsiderate morons. 

Example: A user once got S#&$ty with me for opening loot canisters around extraction. With 55 seconds left on the countdown, he complained something to the effect of "really? you have to explore those?" to which I replied with dancing, making him wait those 55 seconds. He'd just taken all the kills (and thus the exp) in the match, yet still had the attitude that I was the one being inconsiderate because I wanted a couple of affinity orbs so the match wasn't a total waste of my time. 

The guy who was actively trying to troll me simply kept teleporting himself in front of me. Big deal. Not even 2 seconds of my time got wasted. I could tell it was a troll coz he'd keep waiting for me to get in front, so there was no doubt. 

tl;dr: yeah there's a couple of *actual* trolls out there, but it's not nearly as this thread implies. It's mostly just inconsideration for thy fellow tenno.

The real trolls are things like Warframe's minimap markers, and the auto-roll on landing. Or should I say auto troll? 

I don't understand this thread. OP, please explain your post; what exactly is the grievance?

Is this about the Event? - Recruiting hasn't ever let me down; I ran three vermillion and one lapis run all to 100% with complete strangers.

Is it about 'trolling' with warframes? - It happens occasionally, though getting legitimately &!$$ed off at being teleported a whole 20 paces back is just childish. 'Kill stealing' happens very infrequently and xp is shared anyway, riplining is once again, pretty much on the same page as switch-teleport (not to mention half of the time the exact same people who are angry at Loki are in reality playing Grineer maps and are too idiotic to take a step back from their anger to realise what has actually happened)

Is it about survival maps and life-support being activated the very second it arrives? Or...is that just my personal grievance...

Edited by Toastie_Buns

I wish to also point out that public naming shaming is foolish and will achieve nothing more than to create a 'pariah' system, alienating a set number of players and creating more and more stringent rules. Once you begin notions like these; there is no turning back. To the point of where one day you may be bored, troll someone yourself and find yourself a victim of the very system you created.

I wish to also point out that public naming shaming is foolish and will achieve nothing more than to create a 'pariah' system, alienating a set number of players and creating more and more stringent rules. Once you begin notions like these; there is no turning back. To the point of where one day you may be bored, troll someone yourself and find yourself a victim of the very system you created.

but now that I think of it. After bringing it up with several of my friends. This idea is counter productive. Because trolls like being labeled as trolls. This will just feed them fire and cause them to troll twice as hard. why? Because you labeled them as troll, and now they have a reason to troll you even harder. Shear... comedic... value... That is right you are giving them wood to burn.

Plus I think a number of people who love to pop into a game named troll with a Loki Warframe would be unaffected by such a plan. They will just go about their merry way to troll you.

Fair point. I would have got maybe 3 kills worth of exp then, because he was a zoren copter in a nova. I was in an unrushed mag.

Were you in a boss mission or alert? Most people try to rush those because the only desirable things from them are end rewards. For exp I suggest OD mission, for resources other survivals/defences.

So I just had another 6 days of hard work and grinding wasted by another batch of childish trolls. I honestly am getting f**king sick of them. I don't like players being banned because mistakes can be made, it could be a hacked account, a jealous sibling, a bug or simply a 'one off'. In saying that... Something really does need to be done about these people. 

I think if someone is proven to be engaging in 'troll activities' their punishment should be their ingame name being forcibly changed and locked for a set duration to ''TROLL" during this punishment period, every game they join players will see them as ''TROLL'' and will refuse to work with them, help them, trade with them etc. It's not taking away their right to the game it's merely public humiliation.

Trolls do need to be shamed and shown for what they really are and this could actually work because in a world where we never see each others faces and interact behind a screen a persons 'reputation' becomes everything and defines how people perceive them. 

Edit: A funny hat would also be a nice touch but I understand this would be asking a bit too much.

People here seem to not care about the trolls since all of them have a ton of other people they can play with at any time any day.