Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - Mods 2.0 - Proper Feedback

NazFTW

I hadn't really played with the new Mod system prior to my post so I didn't know what the cost is. Is it just the Fusion Cores that cost an arm and a leg to use? Is using actual mods cheaper?

Using mod cards is much cheaper but only works for the first few levels. The number of duplicates needed (duplicates being the most efficient ones to upgrade) to raise 1 rank grows exponentially. If the growth is proportional you'll need 1024 (2^10) duplicate mod cards to upgrade a mod from level 9 to 10. So past levels 3 or 4 it becomes really silly to use mod cards to upgrade.

Fusion cores become much better but holy crap are they expensive. Raising a mod to max level through fusion cores costs over one million. If it's common quality, that is. Uncommons and rares cost double or triple and need even more cores.

Edited by krisp

Updated first post with a suggestion that I think will please both the devs (having a credit sink in the game and long term goals) and the players (no longer having ridiculous prices). Let me know what you guys think.

I wanted to expand on my comment about mods stacking. While I think they should stack I also think there should be a cap for how much of an affect you can get (ie. Armor Penitration should cap at 100% and any damage mod maybe 200% or something). That way people can save Credits on Fussion while using more slots/energy and no one can become too OP by focusing on one thing.

Fusion cores become much better but holy crap are they expensive. Raising a mod to max level through fusion cores costs over one million. If it's common quality, that is. Uncommons and rares cost double or triple and need even more cores.

This is the part that confuses me. How is it not a reset if the cost is almost prohibitive to upgrade mods with the old cores? I understand using them to power up the old mods but if my guy can barely run venus then how am I supposed to get decent mods? Seems like everything before this update was a huge waste of time.

the main thing we need is a way to upgrade basic stats ie: HP Sheilds Power Ect. but with out having to grind and hope that we get lucky because if we dont then being a use to your team is basicly a trial of luck

what we need is a way to upgrade stats and a way to modify those in a way so that we can find a playstyle that fits us and not have to fit into a playstyle

beacause right now because we have no way of choosing what to play when we want

I want to be able to have a set up for if I wanted stealth or if i wanted heavy combat

some examples for weapon upgrades :damage,Reload speed,firerate

some for warframe upgrades: HP ,Sprint recharge,shieild recharge,sheild capacity, sprint speed

please fix the mod/upgrade system warframe was fun and I loved playing it

but the current system makes it just giant grindfest which isn't fun