Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

1,771 answers to this question

I saw a youtube video of a harvester on a grineer tileset so.....

The theory that it spawns on Corpus is bunked. 

If you watch closely the enemy in the background were still Corpus, it's probably an alert or invasion mission.

I already tried that, but with no results.

Anyway, I can confirm that Alad is not involved.

Also, this is not 100% RNG, as Rebecca said there is a way to trigger him, we have just to find it.

Of course I don't expect to find the Harvester the mission after I've triggered him, but 100 missions and only one spawn is a bit crazy.

that is possibly true. we 2man'ed and triggered him two times in a row.

And how do you think you've triggered him?

i can tell you these things:

map: narcissus

mag + nova 

-rush to the pod

-one of us was on the pod other one dunno

-spawned in wave 1 after we killed a few both times

-"ice map" both times

it appears on different tileset, so i assume 2 type of triggers are possible

1) shoot/do something with corpus

2) tile related stuff. open loot. do something on tile. (this probably not)

to 1). both times the nova got it. he got the burston prime. he shot from the top of the pod (primed? maybe).

what i tried so far: 

-shoot the head (one/multiple)

-shoot the right hand (one/multiple)

-shoot the foot (one/multiple)

-shoot crotch (one/multiple)

-fast killing (Aoe)

-fast killing (weapons)

-only killing moa

-only killing crewman

-sliding kills

-melee kills

-sentinel kill

-cooleant leak kill (sweeper)

-cooleant leak kill (warframe)

-cooleant leak kill (melee)
-cooleant leak kill (weapon)
-jump and kill
-open loot and kill at same time
-switching weapons 
-front roll kill
-front roll jump kill

-shoot corpses in different body spots

-stand on corpse

-jump on corpse

-jump on place corpse died

killing from different spots:

-on pod

-on stairs

-on barrell

-on boxes

-on ground

Edited by buriburi

Ok...since nothing logic is working, let's try improbable stuff:

- using the same frame you've used to kill Alad the first time?

- using prime equipment? (I'm laughing while writing, this is clearly not a way...)

- eating lasagne while killing corpus

Edited by siralextraffo

Ok...since nothing logic is working, let's try improbable stuff:

- using the same frame you've used to kill Alad the first time?

- using prime equipment? (I'm laughing while writing, this is clearly not a way...)

- eating lasagne while killing corpus

all tried except lasagne :P

Ok, I just had my second Harvester spawn(at least I got my first piece, BP).

Now, it may be strange, but I have to tell you a few things.

Before you read, remember you're entering in the speculation world, it may all be just luck or randomness, without any concrete relation between the facts.

- The first time I met the Harvester, I was doing the Kill Alad-invasion missions duo; I've done all the invasions before(around 35) with my Synapse, my Brakk and my Orthos Prime. I made then a mistake and I fought Alad with my Soma instead of the Synapse. All weapons were level 30, multiformaed, multipotatoed and able to make coffees.

- After the assasination, I went on an invasion mission forgetting to change weapon, so still with my Soma in: BAM, Harvester appeared

- I did a few missions more with the same loadout and then swapped again to Synapse; after that I kept on fighting, reaching around 100 missions and never coming back to Soma(my Karak instead now has 5 forma, in the meanwhile)

- Then try to guess? I decided to put another forma on my Soma, cause the polarities seems to have been changed, now combo effects starts from the bottom apparently....

- With my Soma on(secondary and meele same as before)I did 3 invasion missions. On the third one Harvester attacked ME, Brakked him with 2 shots and got the Detron BP.

Now, what does it mean? Probably nothing. Certainly, I repeat, CERTAINLY, it doesn't mean that Soma triggers him.

If I have to say something about equipment, could be that there's a specific loadout that triggers the Harvester, but it depends from player to player, according to a rule that I don't know(example: loadout you've used to kill Alad the first time - JUST AN EXAMPLE).

On the other side, you should admit that it's pretty weird, curious....

All I've done today was doing some  invasion missions, then a few on Jupiter and then coming back to invasions. Yesterday I've done a lot of Xini and invasions.

I'm still pretty reclutant to think that equipment is somehow involved, even if that casual change of loadout I've made was done really close to the Harvester spawn both times.

If you may have any questions that could help to figure out what's going on I'll be happy to answer, at the moment nothing comes to my mind!

Edited by siralextraffo

done more than once.

with same gear it should spawn every round

Not necessarily, with a the same gear means that it's the way to trigger it, than there's a %chance as for the stalker:killing a boss actually triggers him, but doesn't mean you'll meet him the mission after.

Anyway, as I said I'm the first one to be doubtful about equipment being involved...

Ok, I just had my second Harvester spawn(at least I got my first piece, BP).

Now, it may be strange, but I have to tell you a few things.

Before you read, remember you're entering in the speculation world, it may all be just luck or randomness, without any concrete relation between the facts.

- The first time I met the Harvester, I was doing the Kill Alad-invasion missions duo; I've done all the invasions before(around 35) with my Synapse, my Brakk and my Orthos Prime. I made then a mistake and I fought Alad with my Soma instead of the Synapse. All weapons were level 30, multiformaed, multipotatoed and able to make coffees.

- After the assasination, I went on an invasion mission forgetting to change weapon, so still with my Soma in: BAM, Harvester appeared

- I did a few missions more with the same loadout and then swapped again to Synapse; after that I kept on fighting, reaching around 100 missions and never coming back to Soma(my Karak instead now has 5 forma, in the meanwhile)

- Then try to guess? I decided to put another forma on my Soma, cause the polarities seems to have been changed, now combo effects starts from the bottom apparently....

- With my Soma on(secondary and meele same as before)I did 3 invasion missions. On the third one Harvester attacked ME, Brakked him with 2 shots and got the Detron BP.

Now, what does it mean? Probably nothing. Certainly, I repeat, CERTAINLY, it doesn't mean that Soma triggers him.

If I have to say something about equipment, could be that there's a specific loadout that triggers the Harvester, but it depends from player to player, according to a rule that I don't know(example: loadout you've used to kill Alad the first time - JUST AN EXAMPLE).

On the other side, you should admit that it's pretty weird, curious....

All I've done today was doing some  invasion missions, then a few on Jupiter and then coming back to invasions. Yesterday I've done a lot of Xini and invasions.

I'm still pretty reclutant to think that equipment is somehow involved, even if that casual change of loadout I've made was done really close to the Harvester spawn both times.

If you may have any questions that could help to figure out what's going on I'll be happy to answer, at the moment nothing comes to my mind!

did you record? i am recording all the time now.

probably not a loadout thing

did you record? i am recording all the time now.

probably not a loadout thing

Nope, I didn't...

Probably not, you're right, and it would sound strange to me as well.

But when you do 100+ missions and the only occasions when Harvester spanws is when you've done the same apparently meaningless thing, you start to believe in everything.

It's probably a coincidence, but since it has happened twice in 100+ runs and without anything else working, I can't say that I'm sure loadout is 100% not involved...

unconfirmed meeting

I just did a corpus survival mission, this is the story:

I loaded in just after the intro scene or so, I went to the hacking terminal and saw a red dot appear (radar aura equiped), heard robotic sounds and my team mates shooting.

Normally no normal mobs would spawn pre-alarm. So I believe it was the harvester. sadly those 3 team mates were russians.. who DE baited into the game with a translated copy and didnt speak a word english except F*** YOU! when I said: Ah lemme guess russians cause you guys dont answer.

Jupiter - Elara

Hope this helps a little bit if it indeed was Harvester.

Edit: No drop

Edited by jmthebigman

Im starting to think all these people who say i had a special outfit and triggerd it twice or more times are complete bullS#&$. cause they never say what they were using x.x

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158945-harvester-spawning-possibly-cracked/

I clearly pointed out that it was a thread I made prior to this one so don't say I'm full of BS because you didn't check out my profile and just find it.