Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

1,771 answers to this question

Well I tried something in line with the "Betrayer" idea.  I had a 5/5 sided with Corpus invasion mission, I can't remember which planet, possibly Seda or Europa and decided to "Betray" them by going Grineer until I completely wiped out my support for the Corpus and then earned Grineer points.  I think i'm up to 3/5 or 4/5 now on Grineer side but still no Harvester.  For those not following that is 5 missions supporting Grineer to wipe out my 5 supporting corpus + the 3-4 in the positive for the Grineer, so like 8-9.  I was hoping that "betraying" them like this might trigger it.

So far no dice.  If I do eventually see him (targeting myself or anyone i'm grouped with) i'll take careful note of the circumstances, loadouts, warframes chosen, mission type, etc and report back.

Good hunting.

Well I tried something in line with the "Betrayer" idea.  I had a 5/5 sided with Corpus invasion mission, I can't remember which planet, possibly Seda or Europa and decided to "Betray" them by going Grineer until I completely wiped out my support for the Corpus and then earned Grineer points.  I think i'm up to 3/5 or 4/5 now on Grineer side but still no Harvester.  For those not following that is 5 missions supporting Grineer to wipe out my 5 supporting corpus + the 3-4 in the positive for the Grineer, so like 8-9.  I was hoping that "betraying" them like this might trigger it.

So far no dice.  If I do eventually see him (targeting myself or anyone i'm grouped with) i'll take careful note of the circumstances, loadouts, warframes chosen, mission type, etc and report back.

Good hunting.

I already tried that, but with no results.

Anyway, I can confirm that Alad is not involved.

Also, this is not 100% RNG, as Rebecca said there is a way to trigger him, we have just to find it.

Of course I don't expect to find the Harvester the mission after I've triggered him, but 100 missions and only one spawn is a bit crazy.

I already tried that, but with no results.

Anyway, I can confirm that Alad is not involved.

Also, this is not 100% RNG, as Rebecca said there is a way to trigger him, we have just to find it.

Of course I don't expect to find the Harvester the mission after I've triggered him, but 100 missions and only one spawn is a bit crazy.

Any proof of that claim?

Yes, the guy that has the Detron confirmed me that he did only invasion missions. He wrote the same in the gameplay feedback section. According to him Harvester has been triggered just siding with the grineers.

Honestly now I don't know what to think...

I have a theory about this, since its popular belief that killing Alad is the death trigger its quite possible that if he was going into random invasions with strangers that one of those people are the reason he showed up there as one of them killed Alad before and this guy got lucky and got matched up with them more often.

Edited by Zulaica

I have a theory about this, since its popular belief that killing Alad is the death trigger its quite possible that if he was going into random invasions with strangers that one of those people are the reason he showed up there as one of them killed Alad before and this guy got lucky and got matched up with them more often.

He was targeted, that's why I

'm saying Alad is not involved!

I'm starting to think it's something you have to do during the mission....

EDIT:but then I think of those attacked after 20 sec from joining...

What the hell....

Edited by siralextraffo

He was targeted, that's why I

'm saying Alad is not involved!

I'm starting to think it's something you have to do during the mission....

EDIT:but then I think of those attacked after 20 sec from joining...

What the hell....

He specifically said he was the one being targeted? Did he go into detail about it at all? Maybe it is possible that supporting the grineer is the trigger.

He specifically said he was the one being targeted? Did he go into detail about it at all? Maybe it is possible that supporting the grineer is the trigger.

No he didn't go into details, but he had many spawns, so...

If supporting the grineers is the trigger, than it's just RNG and it's a shame cause there are people having 5 spawns in 40 missions and others like me with one out of 100.

But again, what about who hasn't done any invasion and got attacked?

I just really don't know what to say at this point, I had 2 Harvester encounters in a row from reproducing that log I took and now I'm not getting squat. The only things I had done prior to that is finish off the rest of the Eris map so I wouldn't say its out of the question that the trigger is doing a certain number of missions against the Corpus in different missions modes. You remember the tagline "No one is safe" well there are claims that people have found the Harvester while supporting the CORPUS in Invasions this is why I threw out any possibly it has to do with that.

I have to ask, is harvester up on the ps4 version yet?

Have you guys gotten the Warframe Valkyr yet? If not then no.

Edited by Zulaica

Was the harvester not included shortly after the corpus tileset came out? And then it didnt drop Detron until after 11.5?

I might be wrong but I seemed to remember seeing YouTube videos about harvester only after 11.5.

Didn't DE say something about "Look for the Harvester" while introducing Cicero?

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Buyao

I just really don't know what to say at this point, I had 2 Harvester encounters in a row from reproducing that log I took and now I'm not getting squat. The only things I had done prior to that is finish off the rest of the Eris map so I wouldn't say its out of the question that the trigger is doing a certain number of missions against the Corpus in different missions modes. You remember the tagline "No one is safe" well there are claims that people have found the Harvester while supporting the CORPUS in Invasions this is why I threw out any possibly it has to do with that.

Wait you got 2 encounters doing what?

Sorry, I don't get what are you suggesting in the end...

Sorry I don't remember, which spawn method was that?

Can you find a rule in that?

I used a specific loadout, went on Xini, and bam two Harvesters but looking back on it this was probably pure luck and had nothing to do with me using Mag Prime and junk.

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester ✓ (Thus far it has had the highest success rate for people it seems)
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ??? (Unsure if this is pure luck people have or if this has any relevance but its quite possible)
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ??? (Also possible but would need to be tested, not as likely as Alad)

If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR So far the best I can say is go kill Alad V and then try your luck on Xini or somewhere similar. Even better would be to have a group of 4 who have all recently killed Alad then do a run.

No need to farm Harvester!!! Harvester will farm yew! MWAHAHAHAHAH

Edited by Karela2