The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Is Fun And All. But Sometimes Agrovating To Use.

Rift_jumper

Nyx is awesome in my opinion. Just wish absorb will agro everyone and make them go closer so when the absorb ends it will kill them instead of letting them walk 300 meters away and it not doing anything. Why i want more agro on nyx while in absorb and for them to stay within 5 meters of nyx when that happens. Also i hate it when you play with randoms and when u mind control a healer they just kill it. If you have any comments plz post them.

Oh great... Another tread of Nyx...

Hey...I miss Nyx when she was hard to craft, when she was on Eris. Now, every inexperienced dude can craft she at random maps like Venus or Earth, I see so much rank 2 when I try to get credits on those invasion missions...

What's my point?, now so much inexperienced dudes are "disappointed with Nyx" and I just say... "¿Oh dude really?"...

Nyx is one of the best frames in this game, she has 3 amazing skills, and she is so versatile, I know dude, is a little frustrating when some noobs kill your little healer dude.

Just 1 tip for every new user of Nyx:

Use a Maxed Fleeting expertise, with that mod you just stay for 4 seconds on absorb, enough time for absorb damage and then BOOM!! All dead, and works well with chaos because you cant recast the power if you have 1 enemy under influence of chaos, so spam that number 3!!

Edited by GefZ

Absorb has really funny variables that honestly don't sound like they scale too well. Here is the simplified gist of Absorb.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nyx/Abilities
The wiki states: "This ability is a good candidate to combo Maximized Power Efficiency and Maximized Power Strength with if playing solo. When combined, the ability will:
Take 4 seconds to execute.

Cost 65 energy.

Deal 3,435 damage to targets within 10 meters.

Ragdoll all enemies, throwing them backwards."

Be sure your Absorb is max rank for this, you said you wanted them within 5 meters of Nyx, but at max level Absorb should be 10 meters in explosion distance. Your explosion goes straight through walls, make sure to use this to get those pesky snipers behind their cover!

EDIT: Oh, and try to use an energy color that REALLY stands out when using Mind Control on heavy enemies. I highly recommend a red, purple, pink, and any other non-enemy colors. Differentiation is important when using team-heavy abilities.

Edited by Sweetie_Belle

Nice to meet you too, Nyx!

Oh wait.

EDIT:

To get a bit more on topic, since I'm leveling nyx atm anyway:

I thought she's gonna be useless and I wanted to trash her immediately after maxing, but after playing with her I noticed how great she is with an organized team.

Mind control on ospreys, napalms or ancients works wonders in survival, the fights can be piss easy after using confusion and when all else fails you can just press the "oh crap" 4 button and not give a damn.

And when you play with randoms, just don't bother with mind controlling unless you're doing it for your own benefit (to heal yourself or something)

My only issue with her is (what I mentioned numerous times) her body model.

Edited by Shifted

Want more aggro whilst using Nyx's Absorb? The simple solution is to use the "Djinn" sentinel.

The Djinn's "Fatal Attraction" precept will attract the aggro every 30seconds or so. This will make your warframe the main target once every 30seconds throughout the mission, so be prepared to fight your way out of a corner - or just spam absorb.