Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Should Be Capable Of Shooting While Running

lautalocos

i mean, this is a game with a lot of emphasis in movement. currently, fast warframes don´t have much of an advantage against lots of health and shields, because enemies have hitscan weapons. while running we will evade some bullets, but not a lot of them, so we have a problem there.

i think we should have the ability to shoot our guns while running, at the drawback of having decreased accuracy. this would make the game feel a lot faster, and could make stamina mods as viable as health and shield mods

thoughts?

Yeah, lets ALSO allow KAMEAMEAHAS while flipping backwards into duplex somersaults!

Actually, why stop there?

Just allow the super space ninja to move without getting tired, without needing air, or without needing to reload their weapons. Ammunition should not be finite and level 100 enemies should fall over with a sneeze. Bullets should not have to be aimed, and powers should all auto hit.

Did I miss anything else to utterly REMOVE the challenge from the game?

Yeah, lets ALSO allow KAMEAMEAHAS while flipping backwards into duplex somersaults!

Actually, why stop there?

Just allow the super space ninja to move without getting tired, without needing air, or without needing to reload their weapons. Ammunition should not be finite and level 100 enemies should fall over with a sneeze. Bullets should not have to be aimed, and powers should all auto hit.

Did I miss anything else to utterly REMOVE the challenge from the game?

i don´t see how running and shooting at the same time would make the game easy

in the case it´s such a serious change, buff the enemies.

"Running"? You mean Sprinting?

Normal Movement in Warframe is already a brisk jog and you can easily shoot while doing this in-game.

Sprinting, though, is when you put your entire body into it, legs and arms. You can't really.....aim.....and shoot.....while doing this. You'd have to slow down as you couldn't use your arms to keep your body in perfect movement.

Now we could maybe do something that cuts your sprinting speed in half (or, rather, halfway between jog and sprint I mean) if you're shooting while sprinting, but meh. I don't really see why we need it.

Edited by Xylia

i think we should be able to run for more than 15 seconds

Try putting on full camo with combat boots + kevlar vest, and then break out into a full-out sprint and see how long you last.

Oh, and add a pair of 9mms on your sides, and an M16 on your back.

EDIT: the 9mms are about 2.2lbs each, the M16 about 9lbs, the vest about 30lbs, and the full camo + boots probably about another 5lbs.

Edited by Xylia

"Running"? You mean Sprinting?

Normal Movement in Warframe is already a brisk jog and you can easily shoot while doing this in-game.

Sprinting, though, is when you put your entire body into it, legs and arms. You can't really.....aim.....and shoot.....while doing this. You'd have to slow down as you couldn't use your arms to keep your body in perfect movement.

Now we could maybe do something that cuts your sprinting speed in half (or, rather, halfway between jog and sprint I mean) if you're shooting while sprinting, but meh. I don't really see why we need it.

we can shoot while wall-runing. 

tenno can just do all kinds of crazy things. i dont see why a not so crazy thing as this can be done

we can shoot while wall-runing. 

tenno can just do all kinds of crazy things. i dont see why a not so crazy thing as this can be done

Wall Running != Sprinting.

And they did that, because they didn't want you to be totally defenseless while wall running (because, yanno, you can't just stop running in the middle of a wall run).

While sprinting, you CAN slow down to a Jog and fire at the enemies. Or Slide and Shoot.

Edited by Xylia

If DE were to put shooting while sprinting, it would probably be highly inaccurate and denies the use of the ADS.

I wouldn't mind a panicky sprint shoot ability when I'm either running to the objective, cover, or extraction.

If you wanted to "panic shoot" then why aren't you sliding and shooting?

Try putting on full camo with combat boots + kevlar vest, and then break out into a full-out sprint and see how long you last.

EDIT: the 9mms are about 2.2lbs each, the M16 about 9lbs, the vest about 30lbs, and the full camo + boots probably about another 5lbs.

I don't see how this is relevant to a sci-fi future shooter where you play as super space ninjas mutated by unknown forces in a strange pocket of space that nobody really knows anything about.

I don't see how this is relevant to a sci-fi future shooter where you play as super space ninjas mutated by unknown forces in a strange pocket of space that nobody really knows anything about.

There needs to be _some_ believable aspects of the game.

Infinite Full Sprint is going a little too far IMO.

In power armor sure  , no problem.

Don't make the animators cry when they see how upper bodies holding 2-handed weapons react to sprinting and shooting at the same time.

You actually do have to physically slow down a little to hold something even slightly steady.

But if you put aside breaking the animation in the game, you could allow any weapon shot during sprinting to sway wildly. Accuracy -400%. Also every trigger pull or 0.5 seconds you hold down the trigger, you lose 10% of your stamina. Full speed running isn't easy, you know!

But as for Kalenath saying it would make the game easier... not really. Maybe Ogris.

Edited by gell

Don't make the animators cry when they see how upper bodies holding 2-handed weapons react to sprinting and shooting at the same time.

You actually do have to physically slow down a little to hold something even slightly steady.

But if you put aside breaking the animation in the game, you could allow any weapon shot during sprinting to sway wildly. Accuracy -400%. Also every trigger pull or 0.5 seconds you hold down the trigger, you lose 10% of your stamina. Full speed running isn't easy, you know!

But as for Kalenath saying it would make the game easier... not really. Maybe Ogris.

most weapon animations could work with one hand, except for bows.

doesn{t the actual wallruning animation use only 1 hand?