Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Proc Questions

Vanhline

Question

so im not sure if anyone is gonna be able to help with this, there is no info on it anywhere that i can find.

i wanted to try and determine the effectiveness of status procs that apply damage in order to see what kind of DPS they are able the yield, if weps like the grakata and a few others that can apply their procs several times per second per target they are effecting.

i was able to answer my first question through my own testing, i think. i was trying to figure out if a single bullet was able to apply more then one status effect. after playing through an extermination mission several times with nothing equipped to a latron other then hammershot and rife aptitude i did not see a single occurrence of a single shot applying more then one effect.

so okay the latron has a 25% chance to apply one of its multiple status chances to the target per bullet, so now the questions continue.

what determines what status will go off? when maxing the status chance i ended up with 3-physical, 1 element dmg. so a 25% chance to apply 1 of 4 different status effects. my first thought was well a 1 in 4 it may just be a 25% chance each. but, the one that seemed to proc the most was always the one that of the thee physical types that was the highest with seemingly random procs of the element, this was the case even when the element was the highest of the dmg types.

so is there an equations to determine what effect of the effects on the weapon is most likely to be applied?

lastly, i cant find anything anywhere suggesting what kind of damage figures the damage oriented status procs have. through testing i was able only confirm that the damage of these effects do go up with modding, higher base damage means higher bleed on slashing and more poison damage on toxin but does not tell me things like can these effects stack on themselves, and though they are scaling; by what % are they doing so? 

6 answers to this question

Each individual proc has it's own individual roll. The status chance us the same for each one. For example: a synapse with Viral and Electric has a 10% chance to proc viral and a 10% chance to proc electric for each individual damage tick.

Gottfaust has a bit of information in this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150444-soma-vs-synapse/

Dots stack, including things such as viral and corrosive. The slash proc is based on the weapon's slash damage(wiki says 37%) and seems to scale based on total slash damage. The Toxin's tick should also be based on the weapon's total toxin damage, if you want exact math I think Gottfaust has it in the source code in the his calculator: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/90706-unofficial-weapon-dps-calculator-current-v050/

Edited by LazyKnight

That's the problem, I didn't find any thread. I tried to start one but it was without reasonable reaction so I went to do some reasearch on my own and now I'm trying to hijack your thread. :P

My first test was pure "how many procs I'll get" with Magnus and by using powerful technique of notches-on-paper I got around those 20% with 100+ shots which makes it look like the chance is divided. If every element had its own full chance, this should come close to 60% so I think it's plausible.

Next I focused on proc distribution and with 80+ procs it was really close to damage layout with non-physical elements divided by three. 80 is probably too low so there might be errors but I've done this test many times with Magnus and Brakk with different elemental ratios and it was always really close to predicted numbers.

Also one thing I noticed, there is chance for double proc, aka. impact+slash or radiation+puncture. Chance was around every 30. proc at average for Magnus and I got only one double on Brakk in all the tests together. This makes it look like the inner working of proc chance is every element has its own calculated as percentage of full chance but it's just a quess.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118754-a-web-based-dps-tool/?p=1856265

@OP you can have more than one occurrence on a single shot, just a bit rare. Can look at this video if you want to see them,

So far it seems that proc distribution is that physical IPS has 2/3 of the status chance while elements has 1/3 of the status chance and within those physical and elemental damage, the proc distribution is affect by the percentage of various damage type.

Edited by Definitegj

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118754-a-web-based-dps-tool/?p=1856265

@OP you can have more than one occurrence on a single shot, just a bit rare. Can look at this video if you want to see them,

So far it seems that proc distribution is that physical IPS has 2/3 of the status chance while elements has 1/3 of the status chance and within those physical and elemental damage, the proc distribution is affect by the percentage of various damage type.

How did you get 2/3 for IPS and 1/3 for elemental? How does it behave for pure elemental weapons such as the Lanka?