Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Dismemberment With Slashing Weapons (Bug?)

Tr1ples1xer

First of all I really like it when enemies dismember and body parts go ragdolling all over the place, I think it makes the game fresh everytime and it is ?&%?&% awesome :D. I kinda noticed that enemies aren't splitting in two as much as they used too (as much as I would like anyway). What weapon stat has a better chance of slicing enemies since 2.0 ? slash or puncture ? I have also noticed that when I equip a unmodded Deth machine rifle on my sentinel I get alot more dismemberments than with a maxed serration braton prime how can this be ? I did the test:

Appolodorus

Deth machine rifle lvl30 (Zero mods): If I let it kill there is dismemberments pretty frequently

Braton Prime lvl30 (Maxed serration): They never split in half except when the Dethrifle finishes them off

What gives ? I wanna slice and dice my enemies please DE and while Im on it why no headpops ? this game as mature rating now time to make it shine !

Check your settings. Do you have the Gore turned on? Cause stuff is getting sliced into chunks by all my Slashing weapons. Be they Melee or Guns.

Of course gore is turned ON, like I said I get it sometimes but should be a lot more frequent.

So if I wanted the best chance to slice enemies its still the slash stat ?

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

From what I can recall, dismemberment is dependent on the damage type that does the killing blow -- the killing blow has to be slash damage, or else there is no dismemberment. Puncture does not dismember. That's slash damage only. If you'd like to see more dismemberment, perhaps try using a weapon heavily skewed in favor of slash damage, such as the Tigris or Dread.

Serration is also just a name only. It does not give an increased chance for dismemberment, and simply increases the damage done.

Edited by Vargras

From what I can recall, dismemberment is dependent on the damage type that does the killing blow -- the killing blow has to be slash damage, or else there is no dismemberment. Puncture does not dismember. That's slash damage only. If you'd like to see more dismemberment, perhaps try using a weapon heavily skewed in favor of slash damage, such as the Tigris or Dread.

Serration is also just a name only. It does not give an increased chance for dismemberment, and simply increases the damage done.makes

Good info thank you !

Makes sense deth rifle : 0-0-4

I think thats why i loved my flux rifle pre2.0 so much :(

Edited by Tr1ples1xer