Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Status Chance Buff

Jamescell

I don't care what stats need to be manipulated to make this happen, but I would very much enjoy chain lightning coming from my synapse 100% of the time. Considering the amount of resources it takes to be able to make the synapse perhaps a status chance buff is fair. 

Edited by Jamescell

I don't care what stats need to be manipulated to make this happen, but I would very much enjoy chain lightning coming from my synapse 100% of the time. Considering the amount of resources it takes to be able to make the synapse perhaps a status chance buff is fair. 

Has one of the highest if not THE highest status chance of any weapon. 50 ticks a second each with 10% chance. hammer shot bumbs it to 14%. Add the cicero mod that gives poisona nd status chance and its even higher. Good where its at.

Pure elemental guns should have a 50% status stat that cannot be altered by mods, except if combined elemental mods are put on it, where the chance is then a flat immutable 25%.

But that would make sense, so it won't happen.

50% chance that any one of the 20-30 damage hits per second would cause chaining lightning or 25% to cause any possible combo proc?

Has one of the highest if not THE highest status chance of any weapon. 50 ticks a second each with 10% chance. hammer shot bumbs it to 14%. Add the cicero mod that gives poisona nd status chance and its even higher. Good where its at.

Now that ive played since update they have nerfed the synapse. They changed the way the damage works, used to be 50 ticks a second now it seemds to be like 10 or so stronger ones. Overall it greatly lowers its total DPS by lowering its number of chances to proc. Old synapse back please or increase base proc chance an equivilent amount.

Yeah, the current synapse might as well have a effect rate of 1% for how many times it triggers anything. It needs to be reviewed, it doesn't even reliably trigger the electrocution animation let alone get significant benefit from using any element that has a proc effect.

Is that actually true?

Are you sure it doesn't just sum up the proc damage numbers?

I have been using it the last 2 hours testing it. It's rare to get proc and it seems to only be able to trigger proc at the summed 1 second mark.

Edited by LazyKnight

Does Speed Trigger and/or Shred alter how often the damage pop + proc occur?

Tested both at once the displayed number stay at the same rate. I hope this is a bug.

GottFaust test yielded the same results.

Sorry for the double post.

Because of the 11.6 changes: The synapse is no longer even worth looking at. Continuous-fire weapons now no longer deal damage or proc except for then the summed damage is displayed which has been slowed down to ~1 per second. I hope this is a bug, but it's probably intended...

R.I.P. continuous fire weapons...

As to the testing: Monday's patch removed both the > 100% crit effect AND the damage on procs. I have videos from this weekend that clearly show both in effect and videos from before 11.6 that clearly show both NOT in effect. I'm not going to bother posting them though as it's a moot point now.

Viral, however, still stacks.

Video Proof. Watch the Rhino's max health in between duels:

Link if it fails to embed:

Here's a screenshot of his max health from the end there:

t5ubxVW.jpg

Note that he's out of combat with a max 7 health. It is interesting to note that every stack wears off all at once now instead of having individual durations.

R.I.P. Synapse... Long Live the Grakata as the apex TTK weapon!

Edited by LazyKnight

Tested both at once the displayed number stay at the same rate. I hope this is a bug.

GottFaust test yielded the same results.

Ah if he tested it and came up im confident with what ive seen then. Built my synapse around his ideas and they are totally right.

So.. the Synapse lost the triple crit and a ton of proc DPS/frequency, both of which Faust mentioned earlier was intended behavior according to DE. Bleh. So... did they change their minds?

Even if they didn't it's probably going to take aeons to fix this if it's a bug.

Why cant elemental weapons just have a high proc chance when the base element is the only element?

DE loves to nerf the players build-of-the-week but I just like how that chain lightning sounds.

Edited by sewens

It never had 50 ticks each with a 10% chance. Anyone who's ever used a one can tell you. And it was easily verifiable by fraps.

You do realize that at 50 chances per second and a 14% chance, you would be having (on average) 7 procs per second, right? No continuous weapon in the game ever procced that much.

Now that ive played since update they have nerfed the synapse. They changed the way the damage works, used to be 50 ticks a second now it seemds to be like 10 or so stronger ones. Overall it greatly lowers its total DPS by lowering its number of chances to proc. Old synapse back please or increase base proc chance an equivilent amount.

It never showed 50 ticks a second. It only showed 8.

So.. the Synapse lost the triple crit and a ton of proc DPS/frequency, both of which Faust mentioned earlier was intended behavior according to DE. Bleh. So... did they change their minds?

Even if they didn't it's probably going to take aeons to fix this if it's a bug.

There was no extra proc dps. Unless they added it in one hotfix and immediately removed it the next. I've been frapsing a lot since damage 2.0 and have never seen this double damage from proc.

While pure elemental weapons seem to have a lot of bugs with proc double damage (I have a really hard time replicating this effect Prova and Lanka), it's verifiable that procs do double damage.

Take a Galatine. Smack stuff with its charge attack. Notice the double damage hits when it procs, and occasionally insane damage when it gets both yellow and slash proc.

It never had 50 ticks each with a 10% chance. Anyone who's ever used a one can tell you. And it was easily verifiable by fraps.

You do realize that at 50 chances per second and a 14% chance, you would be having (on average) 7 procs per second, right? No continuous weapon in the game ever procced that much.

It never showed 50 ticks a second. It only showed 8.

There was no extra proc dps. Unless they added it in one hotfix and immediately removed it the next. I've been frapsing a lot since damage 2.0 and have never seen this double damage from proc.

http://imgur.com/dHpddEC

Yeah never used it.

Slight exaggeration sure but the point is it now procs 1/5th as many times as it used to due to "visual" changes. Its a status proc weapon so this has been a NERF, whether intended or not.

Inez i know you've seen GottFaust's posts and info on synapse, and i hope you used the synapse before previous hotfix. Play it now and try telling me its not exponentially weaker.

(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150444-soma-vs-synapse/        to find some of his calc's)

Will post a video at a later time