The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuttering In Game

-Kasumi-

So lately I've been having issues with the game where my frames would stutter in game. No matter where I go I wold get a 10 fps drop or increase every half second, which causes my frames to stutter and making the game very irritating. I can't seem to get to the root of the problem within warframe settings. and that is bothering me. 

My specs:

i7, OC to 3.14

GTX 660 Ti (not overclocked because for some reason the game crashes, latest drivers)

16GB RAM

My temps:

50C for GPU max

42C for CPU max

It can't be my hardware because I can easily run current games with overclock and max settings with absolutely no issues.

So what am I doing wrong? Why does warframe, and only warframe, jump up and down in FPS causing stutter in all missions? (also have been hitting 25 FPS in the last wave of T3Defense. Which with my setup should not happen.

no i say this because i run on a low tier laptop at 10 frames on the lowest settings possible. Game always hits 100% cpu usage, but when i run gamebooster my cpu usage for waframe reduced to 30-40ms which is still bad but now i run more frames. Not sure if your drivers need an update or what. Just some help sorry for your inconvenience

Same problem, happened to me mid 11.5.8, one day I'm getting 50-60 FPS, next day I can't use my phased items and my FPS is ~20 if I'm lucky (but normally is at ~10, maybe 15 if there is anything really happening)

edit: I assume you've also sent in a support ticket too?

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

So what am I doing wrong? Why does warframe, and only warframe, jump up and down in FPS causing stutter in all missions? (also have been hitting 25 FPS in the last wave of T3Defense. Which with my setup should not happen.

I got a I5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz

8GB DDR3-1600

a GTX 680

and i have similar problems with the game. 

Especially in the Void or Wreck Missions i get alot of FPS drops from around 80-120 down to 38-55. Most of the time this happens when a lot of action is happening, but the FPS stay so low even if everything is quiet again. 

Sometimes the fps will rise back to 80-120+ again but sometimes they stay so low until the mission ends. 

My CPU load goes from 40-60% but not higher. GPU is always at around 90-100% because i dont use vsynch. 

Btw it doesn't matter if i enable or disable physx. the drops still occur. 

Edit: 

@KvotheTheArcane1    

Dude, i am currently reading the book where your name comes from lol :D (Name of the wind / The wise mans fear) 

Edited by THEROBONATOR

No haven't sent one in yet because I don't get what the issue is. 

After doing a lot of testing and such I have some settings that lessened my issue. 

WARFRAME:

32 bit mode, multi threaded rendering on, XD11 off

nVidia CPannel:

Pre rendered frame max is at 4, texture filtering is on performance, high performance didn't help. tiple buffering is off.

Those are some that helped but did not stop the issue. 

Maybe reinstalling the last iteration of drivers before this month's release? I do have an i5 and a GTX 660, no major issues, and all of a sudden I start getting those stutters as well. So it's either, the Update or the Drivers update.

BTW, PhysX also seem to stutter my game wheras they didn't before (sometimes, in really isolated cases, they did -- now it's quite frequent).

EDIT: Seems like most people have started having issues since the last Hotfix, hmm...

Edited by NightmareT12

Its weird I have this same issue, but I'm using 2x 1440p monitors.  

System Specs:

CPU - AMD FX 9590 5.2GHZ 8-core 
CPU COOLER - NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 280mm Ultra 
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX 
Graphics Card(SLI) - ASUS GTX690-4GD5 GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 
Memory - CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 
SSD - Intel SSD DC S3500 Series SSDSC2BB600G401 2.5" 600GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 
HDD - 3x Western Digital WD Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB 
Sound Card - ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz 
Surround System -Logitech Z506 75 watts RMS 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 
Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 1200W Modular Power Supply 
Case - AZZA Hurrican 2000R SAZ-2000R Black 

Note: Max GPU Temp: 63C CPU Temp: 56C

Can we get an optimization patch please? I don't need new content if I can't play the game smoothly.

Also, this may be worth noting, it's at it's worse on phobos. I'll test some other planets later on when i get a chance.

Edited by -Kasumi-

I've had the same problem since U11.5.

My specs are similar to yours, but I doubt that it's a hardware problem. Something went wrong within these recent updates; I'm assuming becuse these stutters have only started as of late. They're incredibly annoying and definitely ruin some good shots, especially when you have enemies in your sights.

I also agree that we need some optimization or at least a fix for this. Powerful Machine Should = Flawless Performance. Instead, Powerful Machine = Crappy performance. It doesn't make sense.

So, DE got back to me and told me to defrag and verify game cache, I have tried them, but I will try again, see if that helps because the latest patch made the game run so badly that I refuse to play it. I'll do some more testing with settings as well, and I'll come back and report my findings.

So, DE got back to me and told me to defrag and verify game cache, I have tried them, but I will try again, see if that helps because the latest patch made the game run so badly that I refuse to play it. I'll do some more testing with settings as well, and I'll come back and report my findings.

It think it's a problem caused by the game itself. I too have a high end computer and running everything on max with 1920x1080 resolution with +60 fps, but at some maps it drops to a freaking slideshow.

All I do is wait about 10 seconds and then everything runs smoothly again. It's annoying as hell but I havn't found any solution to this so far. All you can do is wait for DE to fix their current bugs and hope it will be done in the near future.

They basically have a standard response for all problems, so it seems at least. Defrag, verify, update your drivers etc.

Well, what fixed my issue was keeping Dx11 off and verify/defrag download cache in the launcher. It helped a bunch, running much smoother. Although the steam version does have a bit of a microfreeze every so often. 

Now to figure out this Dx11 and my overclock incompatibility.

Okay, took a few minutes to collect my findings so far.

The game is, quite reliably, suffering from constant freezes after maybe 5-15 minutes of playing. I can't find any real pattern, but once it starts happening, it happens 2-5 times a minute, freezing for maybe 1-2 seconds each time. CPU and RAM usage look normal whenever it's not frozen. During every freeze, all my cores peg at 100%. Naturally, this only happens in Warframe. Everything is up to date, download cache has been defragged and verified more times than I can readily count.

Interestingly, all four cores peg at 100% even if I have the affinity for Warframe's process set to only 1-3. This might imply something else going on, but I have been unable to narrow it down beyond that. The problem started happening sometime during Cicero, but I couldn't tell you specifically which part of it.

I have adjusted every single display-related and launcher-related option. Resolutions have been changed. Windowed mode has been tested. Individual settings have been flicked on and off. DX11 and 64-bit mode and even multi-core rendering have been toggled. No change in the behavior at any point. Video drivers were changed, programs have been killed out, the non-Steam version has been tried, the process repeated on that one. I cannot find any switches left on the program to flip to try and make the hurting stop.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
eVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (this matches the OP, and Gentlemoa later in the thread, for whatever that's worth. Beatwapz reports a GTX 690, so i'm starting to wonder about this series)
No recent changes to any hardware or software.

Edited by Bahustard