Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Change The Color Of The Gold Bits On Prime Stuff Please?

Nemorac

Okay, didn't know where to put this because this applies to both Warframes and Weapons, but since there are more Prime weapons than frames, I decided to put it here.

Basically, I'm asking that DE allow us to change the gold parts on the Prime stuff (the only part we can't colorize).  For several Prime weapons, there is one slot (Tint Color 4) that is either unused or the part it colorizes is so miniscule as to not really be noticeable.  I've asked a few other players about this, and they agree this would be a cool feature, especially if the pieces retain their sheen.  We could get a nice silver, or a ruby or something else.

So, in conclusion, I think it would be a nice feature to add.

I personally dont support changing the gold. It looks beautiful as it is and personally, from a lore stand point, changing gold trimming into something else would be pretty wonky

I dont know if DE has this power because its not the same as a matte color you have on other weapons

but if they did id still never use it

I personally dont support changing the gold. It looks beautiful as it is and personally, from a lore stand point, changing gold trimming into something else would be pretty wonky

I dont know if DE has this power because its not the same as a matte color you have on other weapons

but if they did id still never use it

I'd like to see where the lore shows that, actually.  And just like any other color options, it would be just that, an OPTION.  Some people don't like gold trimming, and would love to see other colors.

I'd like to see where the lore shows that, actually.  And just like any other color options, it would be just that, an OPTION.  Some people don't like gold trimming, and would love to see other colors.

because that is kinda what the Orokin strive to be

alot of their stuff is coated in gold (dat architecture)

I dont see any ruby encrusted statues anywhere

none of the primes have been seen to have not gold trimming

I feel it would take away from the visual stance of the weapon (and yes I do care about looks)

and like I said

IF they did implement it, which I dont think they will, I wouldnt use it

because it wouldnt FEEL orokin

it would FEEL like any other tenno weapon

(also if you dont like the gold trimming why get the Prime version? It isnt that much different from the tenno counterpart)

because that is kinda what the Orokin strive to be

alot of their stuff is coated in gold (dat architecture)

I dont see any ruby encrusted statues anywhere

none of the primes have been seen to have not gold trimming

I feel it would take away from the visual stance of the weapon (and yes I do care about looks)

and like I said

IF they did implement it, which I dont think they will, I wouldnt use it

because it wouldnt FEEL orokin

it would FEEL like any other tenno weapon

(also if you dont like the gold trimming why get the Prime version? It isnt that much different from the tenno counterpart)

Okay, I don't mind the gold trimming, but I wouldn't mind having other options.  Also, while yes, the Prime stuff is Orokin in nature, WE are not Orokin, WE are Tenno.  It would make a bit of sense that we would modify some things to better suit ourselves (even if the stuff is cosmetic).  And the Prime counterparts tend to be higher damage (as a result of having to find the pieces in the Void or Derelict).

Okay, since we're going into the Lore of things, I decided to do a bit of information delving.  Supposedly, according to the Stalker's codex entry, the Tenno betrayed the Orokin at some point in time.  Would it not make sense then that the Tenno modify their weapons to further distinguish them from their Orokin origins?

Also, a note to those saying that making it something other than gold would make it not an Orokin-origin weapon.  There's this thing that we invented called paint.  There are also paints that work speciifcally on metals.

not that it wouldn't look cool to have shiny silver bits or shiny red bits rather than the gold, to me the gold is just part of the prime weaponry. it messes with color schemes on normal frames and such, or if you only have one prime weapon equipped, but even so, the gold is sort of a mark of status. and a full prime set looks sick. its all about the bling

I like the gold on the Prime weapons, they look good as standalone models, but it doesnt fit at all with my character's color scheme. You should either be able to recolor all parts of Prime/Wraith weapons or just let us switch to the skin of the original weapon so we recolor that. I dont like having to either incorporate Gold into my color scheme some how or just deal with looking like a mismatched WoW character.

because that is kinda what the Orokin strive to be. alot of their stuff is coated in gold (dat architecture). I dont see any ruby encrusted statues anywhere. none of the primes have been seen to have not gold trimming. I feel it would take away from the visual stance of the weapon (and yes I do care about looks)

It maybe would, maybe the design is enough. Fact is: not everyone is happy with the excessive gold. It's kinda like those rappers wearing those huge goldchains sometimes.

and like I said: IF they did implement it, which I dont think they will, I wouldnt use it, because it wouldnt FEEL orokin. it would FEEL like any other tenno weapon

Sorry, but currently you sound a lot like the exact reverse of "stop liking what i don't like!". Yes, you don't have to use this option. But those who wish can't.

Because they have different stats and are system-wise a different weapon. (For those who wish to increase their Tenno Rank)

Personally i would support this notion, because i'm more a fan of silver than gold. And a Metal(lic) Color Pallette is long overdue

warframe___nyx__colored__by_yuikami_da-d

No, the golden bits are what make them Primes. Plus, it is not like they are made out of gold entirely.

Thats not the only thing that makes them Primes, as people have stated they also have different stats and can be used to increase mastery rank. It would be like saying that a Corpus visual design is the only thing that makes Corpus weaponry what it is, completely ignoring the projectile types and elemental damage types that Corpus tend to use, and the fact that even though Corpus visual design is unique and special it can still be recolored if you dont like it.

No, the golden bits are what make them Primes. Plus, it is not like they are made out of gold entirely.

Well obviously I was speaking out of an aesthetic point of view, duh.

By that logic I shouldnt be able to use any colors on Grineer weapons besides the colors that come with the Grineer color pack, because aesthetically thats what makes them Grineer weapons.

• 1 month later...